BCNM Strat for ALL BCNM's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCNM Strat for ALL BCNM's?

Just had a thought, would like to share to see if it is indeed viable?

Would ANY BCNM not be easily won by using a party of ALL SMN?

Just thinking, in say either a 3 or 6 person BCNM, if they all used 3 x Astral Flow Each - that would pretty much take out anything right??

Re: BCNM Strat for ALL BCNM's?

No. Take, for instance, Crustacean Conundrum, the BCNM 20. All damage to the crabs is for only 2/3 points maximum - including Astral Flow. With 1 minute till the next bp, plus having to regain mp back, it would leave you far too vulnerable. Certainly some BCNM are extremely easy with smn flowing, the majority are not. All it takes is one wrong move, a mob out of place, and you have wasted all your mp.

Also, if you had 3-6 orbs, you would only be able to do one run every 2 hours, which isn't really viable.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Ok, so maybe not all BCNMs

Still, picked carefully, not all BC's will need all SMN using their Astrals. So you could take turns. Plus, with all SMN subbing WHM, I think they could easily keep themselves healed for the next BP - esp with Stoneskin + Blink. As for MP, Yag drinks to keep the avatar out and a few ethers means on waiting around for MP.

Im just thinking of the potential profit here, if I do what seems to be an easy BCNM like Petrifying Pair and Garuda, solo, even if it means only once every 2 hours, I could rake in quite some profit from the drops!

Comment

The best strategy for BCNM are the ones you shouldn't need 2 hours imo. If there's 6 person with orbs, you'll want to fight 6 times for example.

I can only recall very few BC that SMN can easily win.... Molbolger comes to mind.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

And the dropping like flies one.
          Originally posted by Ellipses
          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
          Originally posted by MCLV
          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
          More Sig:

Comment

And Petrifying Pair

Comment

This may sound like a cheesy answer but, being prepared is the best strategy. Making sure all Job Abilities and 2hours are ready, checking to see if everyone has the right orb, making sure everyone enters the right fight at the bcnm, having all meds and having the right equipment for the level cap.

This may all seem like common sense. I have had people enter the wrong bcnm before and forget the appropriate gear level.

Do your research. I sometimes write out what I need and check over everything before I enter.
              Thanks Kazuki.
              Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
                The best strategy for BCNM are the ones you shouldn't need 2 hours imo. If there's 6 person with orbs, you'll want to fight 6 times for example.
                And that is the key - often there will be six people running the BCNM - you can't use up your two hours.

Also - it would be boring....

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Working...
                X