Server Merges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Merges?

May be the holiday season but recently and still, I have noticed there is hardly anybody on the server. I am on Ragnarok^^. I have 3 jobs I flag for, each seperate levels, and when I go to search for members there is between 0-12 people on. That being within 1 level blow and above my job. Is anyone else experiencing this? Did that ban recently really have a major impact on our population(sadly)? Do you think SE should merge population of servers and or allow players and their friends to switch?
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/zandria_/
    ---
    Dra Bmyhad Ec Toehk - FF7
    ----
    Final Fantasy XI - Zandria

Re: Server Merges?

It's just the holidays. People travelling, doing shopping, etc.

Things will get back to normal in a couple of weeks.

Icemage

Comment

Also, what level are your jobs? I recall in the last census that jobs 40-65 were the fewest out of any level range. (I maybe be off on the precise range, but it was right around there.) Infact, there is something like 30 or 40% of the population with atleast one lvl 75 job. The number of jobs 70-75 lfp is huge compared to any other level. A lot of that has to do with meriting and not going any farther in level, yada yada yada, but it shows you if you have a job in that mid-upper level range, it is very tedious trying to find enough people for a party. Whenever I do /sea all I still get over 3k people virtually all of the time during the week, with a sizable increase on weekends.. Atleast on Fairy, server population at any given time has been pretty static for the last couple years.
      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

It's always like that after an update that effects jobs unless you're searching levels 73-75 then you might have problems finding people. Also I always hated trying to level around holidays since too many people were either away or had a lot of free time to play and scheduled something specific.

Incidentally once I got to lvl 51+ there was only ever 12-14 people lfg. It's not really that odd.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

We recently had 4.5k on our server - which is the highest I have ever seen....

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Holidays and stuff no worries, if there ever was a server merger..I pray to all things holy my server doesn't get merged with Hades, Remora or Asura T_T

Comment

I would 33+ its definately harder to find a party- for me anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                Incidentally once I got to lvl 51+ there was only ever 12-14 people lfg. It's not really that odd.
                Those levels are always like that, its where the newer players get stuck at G1 and kinda drag people at 52-53 to level with them, then there's the people stuck at 55 doing the same to people 57-58. Meanwhile tanks and refreshers just blow right through these levels with no trouble. I've played all three refreshers and two melee through these levels - COR, RNG and BRD breezed right through.

The holidays would make that situation all the more pronounced.

Comment

A lot also depends on the time of day you are doing stuff. EU prime time is always a slow time...

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Bleh, on all day every day. The job range was 49, 57, 62. Was just curious.
                    http://www.livejournal.com/users/zandria_/
                    ---
                    Dra Bmyhad Ec Toehk - FF7
                    ----
                    Final Fantasy XI - Zandria

Comment

Originally posted by John Doe III View Post
                      Bleh, on all day every day. The job range was 49, 57, 62. Was just curious.

This game seems to be on its last legs when i think about it. Alot will say its due to the holidays, But a few months back i posted how during NA prime time range. My server didnt even get much higher then a total population of 2100 peeps. An when it got into JPN prime time, the numbers were around the same.

I know i been like you with 3 different job ranges. An struggling during the week to get pick up pts, or make my own. An i tried during all 3 major times, NA, JP, an EU,

Honestly if you remove afk players from the server youd probably only have 1000-1500 max

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

That's not unusual though - the reason there's fewer players LFG in the mid-ranges is that at least half of the player base that has already hit 75 is doing something other than levelling secondary jobs. Those people are hunting HNM/Assault/Dynamis/Limbus/Salvage/merits 95% of the time, which takes them effectively out of the levelling pool.

What does this mean? It's harder now to form parties than it was a few years ago when everyone was pushing through as a "wave" since people have more alternative activities screaming for their attention.

I don't really see this as deterioration in the game, merely shift in focus. It's bad for newer players, though, and I'd like to see Square-Enix step up to the plate and address the requirement for 6 players in a party to earn decent XP. It definitely is turning into a problem finding people who need to gain levels.

This brings up an interesting idea I have, but I'll post it over in the Ask Square-Enix Questions forum.

Icemage

Comment

For the mid levels, it only seems like there's only a dozen players at your range playing. But when you finally settle into a camp, that's when 18 other players show up right next to you. It's really odd...
                          Lyonheart
                          lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                          Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                          Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                          Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                          Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I guess a lot of players just set up statics.
                            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                              For the mid levels, it only seems like there's only a dozen players at your range playing. But when you finally settle into a camp, that's when 18 other players show up right next to you. It's really odd...
                              They're kinda like roaches.

I can remember back when this game was in it's prime (4-5k on at one time) and I'd do searches for people in the high 40s low 50s, and get the same result of 12 or less people on. It's been like that since I can remember.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X