Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering...

hi...
    was wondering how long has FFXI online been out?
    How long do you thinks it will be going for because i dont wanna get playing and in like acupple of months its gonna go dead you know what i mean
    and are they gonna make any more expansions?
    also... the expansions i got are Chains of Promatha and Rise of the Zilart do i need any others?

thanks
    Alpha-152

Re: Wondering...

FFXI was released in Japan in late 2002, and in the US about a year later, so it's been going on for about 4 years now.

SE has not revealed any plans for further expansion packs. That doesn't mean they won't, but in my opinion they probably will not. They are pretty good about releasing additional content in the form of large patches though.

A lot of people think the population of FFXI is declining, but I'm not really sure how one would go about proving that. Even so, there is still a healthy player base and I wouldn't worry about the game evaporating for at least another couple of years.

In addition to Rise of the Zilart and Chains of Promathia, there is another expansion called Treasures of Aht Urghan, but unless you're interested in one of the new jobs it offers, I wouldn't worry about purchasing it until you're at least level 50 or 60. Most of the content isn't really relevant for players under that level.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

so i can still play with all the people that have the new expansion ??

Comment

Yes. Everyone still needs to use the original zones before level 60 ^^ So you won't have a problem finding people if you're levelling up.

After level 55, new camps around ToAU opens up and that's about a good time to get the expansion if you haven't got one.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Yup, everyone plays on the same servers regardless of platform or expansions installed. You just won't be able to enter certain areas if you don't have them installed, which again won't be important for ToAU until you're fairly high level.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

well... guess im gonna play it for a month see how it goes lol

thanks

Comment

I think there are more Expansions in FFXI's future. Heck, the original Everquest that was released back in what - 1996? - had a new expansion released around the same month that ToAU was released. As long as there is a decent player base, there will be new content, IMHO.
              FFXIV Balmung Server
              Tenro Matashi
              PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Working...
              X