Types of Parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Types of Parties

I have always wondered this but never got round to asking it. The only party I have ever been in are exp parties...

But what are the different party types and what are their purposes?

So far iv heard Manaburn, TP Burn, .... any others I should know about?

Re: Types of Parties

They're all different types of exp parties. Though some are effective in other situations (BC fights and some missions)
    Manaburn parties are typically 4-5 blm's, a refresher, and sometimes a tank. Basically all the BLM's just go all out nuking until its dead.
    TP burn's are 5 melees, one may be a NIN/WAR all others are /NIN, and a puller, usually a brd. No skillchains are done planned and everyone just weapon skills as soon as they have tp. Most effective in the new Aht Urghan ares.
    Also bone parties, these are all mnk parties with a puller that are fought in the lowest level of King Ranperre's Tomb.
    Jump burn parties are 5 Drg's. I believe they all sub WHM and use healing breath to keep everyone alive, along with a 6th RDM or BRD for refresh.
    Ammo burn parties are parties of 4-5 RNG's with usually a brd and sometimes a NIN tank. Just shoot it constantly and let Sidewinder murder the mobs.
    Also heard of Dagger burn parties consisiting of ~5 THF's that just do huge chains of SATA'ing on eachother. This would require huge amounts of communication and cooperation, but would surele be a sight to behold. Would love to see a vid of this if anyone knows of one.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I haven't seen jump burn before :O

But lately I've seen new trend of party.... heal breathe burn... consist of 3 ninja, 2 drg, 1 brd (or something like that...) I haven't been in one so can't give any first hand experience here >.>
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

wow i didnt know there were that many!!!

Thank you

Comment

3xBST is a frighteningly fast XP party setup. Hard to find that many beastmasters in one place, but its extremely effective.

There are also special-purpose parties for various enemies/events/missions/quests. For instance, a common way to defeat Fenrir Prime is to come in with 5 Summoners + 1 other job of your choice. The commonly attempted Excavation Duty Assault is usually done with something like BLMx2 + RDM. There's even stranger combinations out there, too, depending on what you're doing.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
            TP burn's are 5 melees, one may be a NIN/WAR all others are /NIN, and a puller, usually a brd. No skillchains are done planned and everyone just weapon skills as soon as they have tp. Most effective in the new Aht Urghan ares...
            The most common type of TP Burn that I've seen is

BRD/NIN or COR/NIN
            RDM
            4 x Melee subbing NIN

There is the occasional permutation, but the RDM is used for the Main Heal Haster/Buffer and for -na. The BRD puller doesn't have time for all that and it's more effective if he has shadows for the pull.

I had said in a previous post that I'd "never" try a TP Burn, but I did and they're very effective (7k-10k per hour). I also tried a ToAU PT with this setup (this was a late-night PT for me, so it was mostly JP):

PLD/WAR
            DRK/WAR
            BLU/NIN
            RDM/WHM (me)
            BRD/WHM
            BLM/WHM

Now, a Red mage looks at that and says *cough* *choke* *gasp* 6x Refresh... but it's easily managable with the BRD since the BRD's Ballads can easily take care of everyone except the BLM, PLD, and myself. There was no full-resting, 8k per hour XP rate vs. Puk continuous Chain #5 (except when we ran out of mobs). Very nice. TP Burn is not necessary for ToAU.
            Last edited by Sabaron; 12-05-2006, 10:13 AM.

Comment

TP-burn parties are never necessary. But a dedicated TP-burn party, fighting those same enemies, will pull in consistently higher XP than a standard party. Against regular Puks, I'd expect a decent TP burn party will pull in 9-11K per hour, if not more.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                3xBST is a frighteningly fast XP party setup. Hard to find that many beastmasters in one place, but its extremely effective.

There are also special-purpose parties for various enemies/events/missions/quests. For instance, a common way to defeat Fenrir Prime is to come in with 5 Summoners + 1 other job of your choice. The commonly attempted Excavation Duty Assault is usually done with something like BLMx2 + RDM. There's even stranger combinations out there, too, depending on what you're doing.

Icemage
                I think the preferred Excavation Duty setup is now Melee/BLMx2 or Melee/BLM/RDM. They changed the walls in a recent patch so that Melees can actually cause significant amounts of damage to the walls. One BLM solos the north wall and the RDM/2nd BLM buffs and DoTs while the Melee handles the others. Melee 2hrs the first wall. Solo BLM needs 100 INT to maximize speed of soloing the north wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                  TP-burn parties are never necessary. But a dedicated TP-burn party, fighting those same enemies, will pull in consistently higher XP than a standard party. Against regular Puks, I'd expect a decent TP burn party will pull in 9-11K per hour, if not more.

Icemage
                  This is consistent with my LS mate's account of his recent Puk TP Burn @ 10kph. I've not done Puk w/ TP Burn, only with the above set up. My last TP Burn was Marsh Murre (and I got eaten by Imps on the way there which slowed start-up down a bit). Note that getting killed by imps (or the possibility thereof) using the Azouph Staging Point is still leagues faster than taking the stupid ferry.

Comment

Jump burn parties are 5 Drg's. I believe they all sub WHM and use healing breath to keep everyone alive, along with a 6th RDM or BRD for refresh.
                    Grab sanction refresh and nix the rdm/brd

Or just bring along a drg/brd!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

WHats puk?

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
                        WHats puk?

Comment

Oh......:p

I have much to learn, and much to see!

Comment

I never seen THF x 5 parties, but NIN x 2 + THF x 2 + support x 2 is nice too.
                            Server: Quetzalcoatl
                            Race: Hume Rank 7
                            75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Ugly looking flying worms with insect wings. Brought to you by Aht urgan expansion.
                              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
                              X