'Favorite' NMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Favorite' NMs

That's not quite right. Vodyanoi is a doomed NM that pops up on the nighttime boat rides. He'll pop on the Central -> South route that leaves @ about 19:50 or on the South -> Central route that leaves @ about 0:45. If he pops on the first route and you can't kill him before docking, he'll still be on the boat when the second route starts. His drops sell for some decent money so he's not bad to camp while looking for Stubborn.

Stubborn Dredvodd will only spawn on the South to North route that leaves at about 10:10. He usually shows up between 11:30 to 14:00. About midway through that time, the message 'Something catches on Ineuteniace's line' will pop up. Despite the theories, this has nothing to do with whether Stubborn pops or not. I have seen him pop before and a while after that message. Right around 14:00, Ineuteniace talks about the spot where two currents converge. In my experience, if Stubborn hasn't popped by then, then he most likely won't. I don't think healing does anything to draw aggro because he's popped a couple times when I haven't been healing. I still heal for the most part though, superstitious I guess. >.>

There is a common misconception that there are multiple boats on the Channel or that boats go out of order. Neither is the case. However, the differing NPCs on the boats and SE's choice of dialogue on the docks makes it seem so. The 'out of service' message basically means they are turning the boat around or parking one crew for another. The way the Channel is set up there is no way to effectively have the boat do a U-turn on the North or South dock. So, the NPCs give the 'out of service' message and it looks like the boat continues on its way while another boat happens to come along. All in all though it's just one ferry on one long convoluted route through the three docks.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

My current most-hated NM is by far Charbydis. (Yes, I know, many of you are probably saying welcome to the club...) This is not however, because he has killed me, but because I seem to be unable to get help with him everytime I spawn him, and have to watch someone else come in and get their sword while I stand there with my thumb up my...

Anyways, I really like fighting the Sea Horror when I come across him, I think it's a fun fight. The SL is usually a fun one too. I suppose they don't really count as NMs, but I also enjoy soloing the avatar primes.

Was lucky enough to claim LL several times actually when I was still an {amateur}, and I've gotten VE twice with drops from both NMs everytime I fought them. Paying for that now though as karma has decided to let me go 0/11 on Ose and 0/20-something Mysticmaker...oh well...

I'm not entirely sure why, but I think my favorite 2 NMs to fight are the sphynxes that spawn for Bastok mission 6-1.

Comment

Iv only ever camped Jaggedy Jack, in W Ron. Never got him. DOnt even know what the spawn rate is.

And then....not long ago...running past the outpost and a Lvl7 or so WAR was fighting it. I healed him and asked if he got the Charm drop, and it turned out:

1) He didnt know it was an NM
        2) He didnt know to hope for the Charm drop
        3) He got the charm drop 1/1
        4) He didnt know he could sell it for mega bucks

Envy was not the word. I was foooking fuming!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
          finally the Sea Whore who I owe for about 5 deaths.
          I'm really only leveling to kill that bastard. Going to start riding that boat once I hit 73.

It's only a matter of time now.

Iv only ever camped Jaggedy Jack, in W Ron. Never got him. DOnt even know what the spawn rate is
          http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Jaggedy-Eared_Jack

About a 2h lottery spawn.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

On Jack, there seems to be a correlation between level difference and drop rate. A lot of the people I know who got the drop, did so on lowbie jobs.

Comment

Thanks. Maybe when I lvl my SMN ill do it round there

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                On Jack, there seems to be a correlation between level difference and drop rate. A lot of the people I know who got the drop, did so on lowbie jobs.
                Correlation does not equal causation. What you are describing is a coincidence.
                Originally posted by SquareEnix
                3) Does player level have any effect on drop rates from monsters? (excluding
                Treasure Hunter) -Zeron
                No, player levels do not affect drop rate.
                http://ffo.warcry.com/scripts/column...306&colid=3834
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

O.o

Without any background knowledge on this, I would say I get at keast tqwice as many drops as low level :p Must be coincidence

Comment

Lumbering Lumbart. Easy pray. Drop Lumbart Horn. I know people who know other people that know me. I need them. ^^

Comment

Does anyone know the placeholder for Orctrap? Theres just too many of those flying weeds around and I cant tell which one is the placeholder.

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn View Post
                        Does anyone know the placeholder for Orctrap? Theres just too many of those flying weeds around and I cant tell which one is the placeholder.
                        From what I read somewhere, if you scan the widescan list from the bottom up, it's the first one on the list that shows up in the top grid of the spawn area. no idea if that works or not. I just kill all of the traps in the top grid until he pops.

Comment

So its the ones which are furthest from the dock?

Comment

yeah, by the pugils and the ??? for 7-4. at least, those are the ones I kill. the ones surrounding the dock have no bearing on the NM

Comment

Update on Mysticmaker Profblix... 0/100...
                              Originally posted by Ellipses
                              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                              Originally posted by MCLV
                              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                              More Sig:

Comment

Ose, just because I am 1/1 on him =D

Comment

Working...
                                X