Big winner and big loser in the update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big winner and big loser in the update

I suppose they would wait and see how the AF and merits work for the new jobs before adding tier 2 merits to them. Though I'd like to see a Triple Shot trait for Corsairs... yum.

As for PUP, I guess a wait and see approach. Giving them access to some stronger H2H weaponskills is also a bit of a boost I suppose.

Comment

I dunno, I think PUP got some toys. Howling Fists and Dragon Kick? So they can now do Lv.3 Skillchain, just they won't be doing any sort of TP Burns any time soon.

SAM got some sweet toys. I'm curious how Overwhelm will effect them though, since they SATA WS post Lv.60.

Tomahawk seems silly since WAR has a pretty dismal skill in Throwing. But that's probably the reason for Aggresive Aim. Even then, would chucking expendable Axes be worth it to not have that Bomb Core equiped?

MNK and WHM made out like bandits from what it looks like. This is all of course on paper. For all we know some of these abilities are really short lived and have long /recasts. I really hope Diabolic Eye is a 3min/5min recast like Aggressor is. I hope Savagery effects all members in Warcry radius.

I think the Elemental Wheel: San for NIN is sweet, but Sange seems odd. Tool Expertise will make a lot of NINs happy!

I'm also happy about the change to the few status icons. The Beseiged icon, and the Sanction icon are changing. I just wish they added Sanction AND Auto Translator to the Auto Translator.

As a RDM I wish they would have given us Silence or Gravity II, but I'm happy with what they've added. I plan to take DRK, SAM, and WAR to Lv.75, and the things they have added for those jobs as well have me excited. I've been a little bored in game as of late, this may have fixed that!
      Odude
      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Winners defintly RDM adn MNK, WHM I think didn't do to well. At Least DRG wasn't all to bad, though I'm wondering how good Deep Breathing, Argon and Empathy is.

Comment

I think Empathy would be nice for DRG. Especially if the Wyvern gets the effect of the food the DRG ate as well. Just no idea how long it lasts. Pro/Shell, Haste, food for 30 seconds? Or lasts 3 minutes? Or even so, does this completely transfer the effect. So you lose Haste, Pro/Shell, blah blah blah, and the Wyvern is just bad ass for few minutes.
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by Feba
            seems like WAR wins, and PUP loses.
            The phrase "you can't polish a turd" comes to mind.

Comment

Me Personnally Im Excited about the new Rdm Spells...Ive been excited ever since they hinted about new spells..But I do have to say the new BP 's for SMNS arent to shabby..I do Feel PUP needs a boost, but like someone said there is new attachments so will just have to see how they play out...All and all I think SE really did a pretty good job on this update...I was really hopeing to Hatch my Chocobo Egg, but thats alright soon..But in my eyes SE gets an A+++++

Comment

I thought RDM had won until I read about what Bard got. Double effect for 1.5x casting time??? Combine this with casting time halving of their other ability and you got some serious mother-farking supporting going on.

I'm glad I got /nin up, I have a feeling I'm going to be pulling very shortly. As a party, I'd rather have double song power then have the bard off pulling stuff.

Comment

SMN lost. Nothing worthwhile at all.

Comment

I am going to disaggre that PUP is the loser. They certainly didn't make out the best, but it wasn't "OMGLOLPUPSUXAHAHA" Their AF is rather decent, with the Body and the hands being very nice (and the feet are good for melee). There are 16 new attachments, most being better versions of current ones (and who is to say they cant stack) while the "new" new ones are very nice. Their AF err "Weapon" also looks useful from 40->75. If the new attachments are strong+the addition of the SP MNK WS (Howling Fist and Dragon Kick), PUP made out rather well in this update.

IMO, no one really "lost" this update. Everyone got something rather nice out of it.

(BTW base damage for new BPs is 500ish, with 1TP adding 1 damage. this is tested vs EP. unknown on stronger mobs)
                    sigpic
                    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

I agree PUP seemed to get boosted this update, I might take it up, thouhg it's AF isn't too good looking on the Male Hume

Comment

I'm really glad to see the update changes to RDM. I think they really made out well. But several of the other jobs didn't get off too shabby either. :D

Good update so far, IMO.

Comment

(BTW base damage for new BPs is 500ish, with 1TP adding 1 damage. this is tested vs EP. unknown on stronger mobs)
                          That's still terrible. Even if you left your avatar out for TP, it's less damage for more MP. I'm not asking for anything amazing from this update, but something worthwhile.

Comment

PLD and Thf won in my eyes. Blm and Nins are down. Nins relay non ninjitsu to keep hate since they where never made to tank. In retrospec Since ninjitsu is effected by the magic nerf that will have a hard time tanking nms and bosses for missions there by making PLD the only tank for the job.
                            [GM]Dave>> Last question.
                            Player>> Shoot.
                            [GM]Dave>> Don't tempt me.

Comment

I don't get why people are complaining about the rampart spell-interruption down for pld. One of my most major annoyances as a pally is seeing my own Cure that could save my life be interrupted when the mob attacks just a split second too early.
                              MisterCookie: Alla refugee since May 2006

MisterCookie: Writing poor signatures since January 1999

http://www.songbirdnest.com - OSS Media Player

Comment

I don't think it's too bad for pld :/ I read that Phalanx II can be cast on a party member. So that atleast helps with tanking.

But in my opinion, thf definately won :D Dagger dmg boost and those new job abilities will definately help

Comment

Working...
                                X