On my way through Ronfaure....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way through Ronfaure....

I've been keeping tabs on suspected Gilsellers since the ban a few weeks back. I've seen some interesting things too. And I can say one thing: They're coming back and in greater number.

I first began to notice them coming back when I was out in Quifim killing undead to burn time. I saw a Taru run by in his Starter Armor and get aggroed by a wight. So, naturally I voked it and killed it. But the strange thing is that the Taru didn't seem to take notice that I just saved his life. Curiosity overwhelming me I decided to follow him. What did I find? A whole party of subless Taru in Starter armor with a PL. I nearly staggered and went "Oh, man..." And the economy was just getting back to normal.

Over the next few weeks I noticed a party here and there. Some in the Crawler's nest, some out in Rolanberry fields. I even noticed a party of them going out to get the NIN job when I was out there doing it myself. I didn't think anything of it at first, but when I checked one of them their LS read "ttttttttttt". They seemed completly lost and they kept stopping to heal ever few feet. And while just standing there one of them threatened to call a GM on me. I couldn't help but laugh. At this point I counted about 100+

But here's the real kicker. A friend of mine wanted to go kill some Tigers at the Glaciar and me and a few others decided to tag along. So there we are in Ronfaure riding around playing the usual "Kentucky Derby" game we do and as we began to approach Rangumount Pass I hit some major lag. I'm talkin worse than Lower Jeuno. I've never hit this kind of Lag and survived before. Anyways, you get the point. My comp was slow to load them, but they all popped up eventually. At first I noticed a few Tarus running around with their flags up. But then more and more and more popped up. There had to be at least 50-60 there. This could not be an alliance for anything, it had to be gilsellers. Everyone I check had a Subjob, yes, but none of them were above level 5. It was the strangest thing. But just to make sure, I said the magic words, "[GM]{Do you need it?}" You should have seen how fast they took off. I swear to god it was the biggest train of gilsellers I've ever seen. We followed them for a bit poking fun. Eventually they scattered and all logged out. Well, we went on to Kill Tonberrys in Pso'Xja and had a good laugh about the whole thing.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this interesting occurance with the rest of you. Please keep it flame free, I'm not interested in starting any arguments. XD
    "Oh, you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're Mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be", said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Welcome to Alice in FFXI =P

Re: On my way through Ronfaure....

lmao oh if only the devs saw this thed have a fit

Comment

50-60? yeesh...

Comment

Originally posted by Eohmer
        50-60? yeesh...
        Swear to god. XD
        "Oh, you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're Mad."
        "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
        "You must be", said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Welcome to Alice in FFXI =P

Comment

Sometimes I wonder what their playing environment looks like.... are they normal people like you and I in their homes, or is there like a cave in a mountain where people sit side by side wearing the same clothes for days straight? :-P

Especially now that SO MANY are showing up everywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Eohmer
            Sometimes I wonder what their playing environment looks like.... are they normal people like you and I in their homes, or is there like a cave in a mountain where people sit side by side wearing the same clothes for days straight? :-P

Especially now that SO MANY are showing up everywhere...
            Actually, the playing environment is quite nice (for some of them). I know [not saying the name of the RMT 'company'] has a real nice all white setup with wtf awesome chairs.

But, yeah, that's insane. I woulda screenshoted it and posted it.

Edit: OMG! Maybe that's what I saw yesterday? There were these two tarutaru in all starter gear following around my PT with LFG up. They kept asking in broken English if they could join us. D:
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vair
              But just to make sure, I said the magic words, "[GM]{Do you need it?}" You should have seen how fast they took off. I swear to god it was the biggest train of gilsellers I've ever seen.

Comment

Seen the same thing in Korroloka all the time now.
                1. screen names that mostly make no sense in any language.
                2.10-20 of them in starter gear.
                3. all lvl 20+with no sub-job
                4.all mages of some sort................
                I guess we all need to get ready for another inflation explosion real soon.
                5. Sad!
                A Warrior's place is not to die,

But to allow others to live.....

Comment

I miss out on all the fun. I don't think I've ever come across a gilseller yet or at least not a chinese rank1 with no/underlevel sub and smashed keyboard name gilseller .

Comment

Originally posted by Vair
                    "[GM]{Do you need it?}" You should have seen how fast they took off.
                    Kinda like when you turn on the lights at night and all the roaches scatter... :-P

Double Post Edited:
                    Originally posted by Etra
                    with wtf awesome chairs.
                    I want one of those... lol

Double Post Edited:
                    Originally posted by durecellrabbit
                    I miss out on all the fun. I don't think I've ever come across a gilseller yet or at least not a chinese rank1 with no/underlevel sub and smashed keyboard name gilseller .
                    I'm really sure you have already, just hadn't noticed it. It's like an infestation now.
                    Last edited by Eohmer; 07-23-2006, 08:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I've never seen anything like that on Sylph but when I started playing on Levi... well.. it's just shocking really. I keep seeing the same large group of tarus (mages/starter gear/stupid names etc) with one pl, there's like 10-15 of them so no where near the number you saw but still.

They're like building an army?! When should we start panicking?

Comment

We don't.

My main is a Blm, so naturally I should be pissed about the upcoming nerf.

Nope.

The nerf fucks them in the ass so bad that it's not even close to funny.

Comment

Bismarck gilsellers are whm, war, thf, blm, mnk, whm(or blm or war) parties. Only the wars have decent gear. I think ours are smarter. We should make a multi-server gilseller war.

Comment

Hahahaha, that's priceless.
                            FF Tribute - Chocobo Mix

Hililen
                            of the Diabolos server. Current residence:San d'Oria
                            40 MNK 22 WAR 15 BLM 13 WHM

Comment

That's just a search of rank 1's in the zone. I ran into them last night at the zone to the tunnel while I was headed to bastok. They started checking me and I told them that they should just form a LS called "RMT". ._.
                              Generic Info!

Comment

Working...
                              X