Sooooo 2k accounts suspended....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sooooo 2k accounts suspended....

To the long list of arguments about why we can't have a windower and our arguments for wone are bunk... Okay...Okay, Well. screw the PS2 debate. Lets shift a little.

XBox 360 players can change music and use X-box live chat and IM and friggin' VOICE CHAT while playing FFXI.

As a PC user, I want these same abilities. More to the point, I want to be able to do this with the software that is -packaged- with windows, just as 360 users can do it as packed with a 360.

That means I want MSN, and I want windows media player, and I want Windows Firewall. I also want net meeting (though I'll accept Ventrilo as a suitable replacement). I also want improved graphics. If 360 users get all the shineys and pretties and updated graphics, I want too.

While we're at it, if they can use HD TV support, hten I want high res support for my PC, too. I want it natively to support texture ressolutions over 1024x1024, and for fucks sake, use the GPU. Doesn't the XB360 have a GPU? Or is that ignored too?

Granted, in reality I could give two shits less about any of these programs save for Ventrilo which I like, but I think it makes the point...

Comment

Feba, problem with yours is that everything built and designed is not for the sole intent of you pushing it to it's max all the time. Some programs you run into will not work right if you are running other programs with it, and is serverly recommended against running other programs with it.

My system may have 4GB of RAM but I don't push it all the time, I prefer for the system to last long which moderate use not pushing it will help to guarentee. Otherwise if I wanted to push it then I would up my resolution to 2048x2048 sure my Video Card may only last 1 year though doing that as opposed to 3-10 years if used moderatly.

It isn't about getting the most out of a single system, it's stability and performance not solely performance.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Soonk: That's a custom title, look in the RPG store.

Comment

Originally posted by ikkleste
          I have to say i completely disagree.... While SE's official line might of been that it's to make the versions the same, i simply don't belive it.

Also note that if they wanted to avoid 'versionality' then the 360 version should be identical to the PS2 version.
          I also belive they have access to the their console while playing. Allowing them to change music, IM friends, etc? Why is a 360 player allowed this utility but i'm not?
          FYI, 360 is the same code as the PS2. They only altered a setting, something you can do just as easily on the PC there is literally no difference otherwise in the program. 360 is not a separate version from the PC and PS2.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Macht: Yes, but it's not like it takes a lot to run ffxi in window mode, as is extremely obvious to anyone who uses a windower.

It's not like it's pushing your system, I can run winamp, firefox, bitcomet, and ffxi all at the same time with no problem, heck, most of the time firefox is using more power than XI. It's not demanding on the system, and even if it were on some, that's no good reason to keep it off-limits from everyone else. That's like keeping shadows and weather out of the game because it makes most people laggy.

Also, the PS2 argument definitley doesn't hold up if the above aobut the 360 is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
              Otherwise if I wanted to push it then I would up my resolution to 2048x2048 sure my Video Card may only last 1 year though doing that as opposed to 3-10 years if used moderatly.
              10 years from now that's goingto be one shitty video card. Hell, video cards go out of date in 6 month.

>.> alright... who killed my rating <.< I think i was at like... 5 or someting? What can you expect? Be a man and admit when you're wrong and people bash you for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba
                Ok, first of all, if you don't know anything about a subject, do not degrade it. Windower does *not* allow people to see a minimap, nor recast timers (with the exception of a very recent plugin, which only shows 5 or 6 timers out of the entire game)

Secondly, the addition of plugins is not about windower. It is about extra programs which are incorporated into the windower interface. Bringing plugins into a debate on windowers is like bringing silencers into a debate on guns, it's related, but it's not the issue being discussed.

Third, the abuse of a program by people who would be acting like that anyway is not the fault of the windower. It's the fault of the person using it. Just like an employee using a security camera to look down a woman's shirt isn't the fault of the camera, but the fault of the employee.
                Yeah, and the snake only said 1 apple wouldn't hurt anyone when he tempted Adam & Eve to take a bite. Regardless of it only being a mear extension to the windower it was an intented deliberate attempt to provide more function then just a windower.

Comment

You know.. the funny thing...

I bet more than 90% of those banned will go back to doing the same thing in a week. I think SE should flag these accounts, watch them for a month, and then perma-ban if caught again.
                  The last remaining evil white mage on Ramuh.
                  Killing tanks since 2004

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
                  "I can picture in my mind a world without war,
                  a world without hate.
                  And I can picture us attacking that world,
                  because they'd never expect it."

Comment

Originally posted by Zamphire
                    10 years from now that's goingto be one shitty video card. Hell, video cards go out of date in 6 month.

>.> alright... who killed my rating <.< I think i was at like... 5 or someting?
                    Yes, I'm aware of that but would I rather have an unusable system because I shortened the video cards life or have some room to wait and upgrade my system when I can.

Same logic with food when you are planning to conserve and ration it. Would you eat it all in 1 day and hope you can get more soon, or portion it so it lasts longer and when you get more can enjoy what you do have before it expires and less likely to starve.

Comment

You know, all of this would be vastly more productive if instead of bitching at each other we start forcing SE to make FFXI windowable.

If they dont want to do it, at least sanction a program that will allow alt tab pure and simple. Then anyone that alters that program or uses other programs can be banned with no excuses. It is unfair to restrict PC users to full screen mode and continues crashes from pop ups (virus checker, anyone?). They've already sanctioned the G15 keyboard for extended macros, they might as well do this. Hell, they could code it themselves.

All the energy argueing this issues could be better used bombarding SE with Windowable FFXI requests.

Comment

I think that SE should resolve this issue mainly by implementing some changes to the UI on this game that adds what most people use the windower for in the first place, this way PS2 users get it, pc players get it everybody is happy. If you think about it, Ps2 players could technically have an advantage over PC players in someways, because they have acces to PC at anytime if they have one, providing they have a router i guess but most people do since they aren't very expensive. But when you examine this vice versa, sure a PC player could go watch tv... but you can't use the TV to look up stuff on the many great ffxi sites to find out where to go and waht to do for our quest for example. Not to mention a PS2 player also they can switch off input mode and watch TV too so yeah. As far as cheating goes, cheaters will cheat whether windowing FFXI is possible or not so it seems to be a moot point as far as I can see, since you can just have a backround program run scripts for you all day long anyway.
                        Last edited by Lakai; 07-21-2006, 09:57 AM. Reason: Added further information

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Originally posted by Shanisasha
                          You know, all of this would be vastly more productive if instead of bitching at each other we start forcing SE to make FFXI windowable.

If they dont want to do it, at least sanction a program that will allow alt tab pure and simple. Then anyone that alters that program or uses other programs can be banned with no excuses. It is unfair to restrict PC users to full screen mode and continues crashes from pop ups (virus checker, anyone?). They've already sanctioned the G15 keyboard for extended macros, they might as well do this. Hell, they could code it themselves.

All the energy argueing this issues could be better used bombarding SE with Windowable FFXI requests.
                          Thing I I don't care if it's windowed or not. So I have no reason to push SE to make that change when I'd prefer they put their energy to developing out the games jobs or adding more missions and quests. I do however disagree with the newer windowers that are built with intent of allowing plug-ins and such that does cheat the game.

This is were my point of the minimap comes in. Very likely that if the minimap isn't a windower it still may need to loaded after FFXI is running to not error out which means it needed a windower. In that one I wouldn't fault the windower but since the windower is built with the plug-in potentials it's no less a target then a program that needs a windower to run right.

Comment

But wont it bring much less grief if the people that want to alt tab are given the option to do it?

One time deal, no need to worry about it anymore.

And I was mainly referring to the people that do care whether they can alt tab or not. Not everyone has to crusade for things they dont care about.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakai
                              I think that SE should resolve this issue mainly by implementing some changes to the UI on this game that adds what most people use the windower for in the first place, this way PS2 users get it, pc players get it everybody is happy. If you think about it, Ps2 players could technically have an advantage over PC players in someways, because they have acces to PC at anytime if they have one, providing they have a router i guess but most people do since they aren't very expensive. But when you examine this vice versa, sure a PC player could go watch tv... but you can't use the TV to look up stuff on the many great ffxi sites to find out where to go and waht to do for our quest for example. Not to mention a PS2 player also they can switch off input mode and watch TV too so yeah. As far as cheating goes, cheaters will cheat whether windowing FFXI is possible or not so it seems to be a moot point as far as I can see, since you can just have a backround program run scripts for you all day long anyway.
                              Points exactly made in the previous windower debates. To which I agree, as long as the windower isn't providing these plug-in features. It's the plug-in capacity of the newer windowers that I'm strongly against and reason I say they should be targeted. The windowers before the plug-in options I could of cared less about, then I only targeted programs that were direct cheats.

Comment

Uh, those aren't the same at all, and you're getting off topic by trying to discredit windower itself through the plugins associated with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X