This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cheating and Stuff

Doubt it, it only uses the files from the games folders. Not affecting the game in anyway I wouldnt say.
    75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
    Woodworking 91.9+2
    ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

I dont know... if we are not supost to use 3rd party programs, then we all had better stop using Windows OS and just boot into POL directly....... oh wait we cant ^.^

hehe anyway no I dont think useing modal viewer is counted, because you are not acualy in game useing it, nor does it enhance your game play.

oh yeah and to those who are reping me down, why bother? I dont really care about rep, not many do..... just because I have a 0 down there means nothing
      Last edited by Kailea; 07-22-2006, 08:33 AM.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

First, people don't consider Windower cheating.

Then, people don't consider seeing the mob's exact HP cheating.

Then, people don't consider seeing TP or recast timers cheating.

Notice a pattern? Just go back and look at the history of Diablo II. It all started with a simple cheat called "MapHack", then went downhill from there as people considered less and less to be cheating.

We all play a game together, with rules established by the creator. Don't like it? Don't play it. When SE realizes that they lose subscriptions because of a poor UI, they'll make a change.

Think of using a windower like this: Movie theaters don't let people in with their own food/snack (if they catch you), but people do it anyways. Just because they don't always catch people, doesn't mean it's not against the conditions you have to follow to be allowed in. Paying for the ticket is only part of the requirement. Same kind of thing for FFXI. To play FFXI, you have to buy the game, pay a monthly fee, and agree to abide by the ToS. Just because you don't like one of the conditions doesn't mean you can decide that it's not valid. You don't choose the conditions, SE does. You can influence the conditions, but you don't control them.

I saw what even a "harmless" cheat like maphack did to Diablo II, and I refuse to play another game that way. And guess what? I'm perfectly happy playing without any windower or cheats.

*EDIT*
        Oh yeah, SE also decides the conditions they require for their game to operate. You can still Alt+Tab and minimize FXI. SE just programed it so that if full screen is lost, they want their game to crash out to POL. It's their game. They can decide the conditions for operation. We only licience the software.

Be like a Paladin.
        Take the hit, shrug it off, and ask if their mom hits any harder.

Comment

Originally posted by csBahamut
          ...You can still Alt+Tab and minimize FXI. SE just programed it so that if full screen is lost, they want their game to crash out to POL...
          cuz thats fun to do

Comment

Notice a pattern?
            First of all, windower doesn't let you see exact HP.

Secondly, those people wouldn't have considered it cheating in the first place. It's not a matter of a slippery slope, it's just a matter of "hey, this is availble, it's something i've always wanted, I like".

Not everyone who uses windower uses plugins, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by csBahamut

Notice a pattern? Just go back and look at the history of Diablo II. It all started with a simple cheat called "MapHack", then went downhill from there as people considered less and less to be cheating.

We all play a game together, with rules established by the creator. Don't like it? Don't play it. When SE realizes that they lose subscriptions because of a poor UI, they'll make a change.

Think of using a windower like this: Movie theaters don't let people in with their own food/snack (if they catch you), but people do it anyways. Just because they don't always catch people, doesn't mean it's not against the conditions you have to follow to be allowed in. Paying for the ticket is only part of the requirement. Same kind of thing for FFXI. To play FFXI, you have to buy the game, pay a monthly fee, and agree to abide by the ToS. Just because you don't like one of the conditions doesn't mean you can decide that it's not valid. You don't choose the conditions, SE does. You can influence the conditions, but you don't control them.

I saw what even a "harmless" cheat like maphack did to Diablo II, and I refuse to play another game that way. And guess what? I'm perfectly happy playing without any windower or cheats.

*EDIT*
              Oh yeah, SE also decides the conditions they require for their game to operate. You can still Alt+Tab and minimize FXI. SE just programed it so that if full screen is lost, they want their game to crash out to POL. It's their game. They can decide the conditions for operation. We only licience the software.
              Well said!!!

Comment

I don't really care if people want to use windower, I can see the benefits of it but it's not exactly giving a greater advantage over other players. With dats, it depends what it is, if you want your moogle in your mog house to be some weird NPC you have a soft spot for then fair enough but when you dat swap chests and stuff so you can see it better, it sucks.

As far as I'm concerned it's not 'cheating' unless you do it to get an advantage over other players.

(Saying that I don't do either of the above, because a) I'm damn lazy and b) both seem kinda pointless. When I log into FFXI it's to concentrate on the game not to keep minimizing it to talk to people on msn etc)

Comment

Well heres my point of view on cheating : just don't , because you are playing other pepole I mean you play online with a ps2 or pc its not relly fair to everyone elas you know it like getting an unfair advantige!

Comment

I don't mind cheating when it's a game not with online play and if it's a game that I've beat,to cheat on a game that has online play is very low for that person or persons exspecily if that person is playing as a knight !

Double Post Edited:
                    Don't anybody get made at what I said, I was just making a point , I have not played the game yet , So I don't know any one who cheats!
                    Last edited by Dagon; 08-16-2006, 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I just wanna say I am not pointing fingers or looking down on anyone. I use a windower myself....
                      Going thru the thread, I see alot of people trying to jusify the grey area of cheating. There's only black and white. First off, anything against the ToS is a cheat. You don't need to even be using a 3rd party program. If they made an update and you start exploiting a mistake they made, you're banned. People justify windower and dat swapping because "it's okay", "everyone does it". Sorry to say but you're a cheater. Okay? And no, there is no 1st tier, 2nd tier, 3rd tier cheaters. You're all in the same boat. If you get found out, you're banned. End of story.
                      Even if you are more convenienced because you can open folders or internet pages or even, not crash because a window popped or you accidentally pressed the window button, yes you are violating the ToS. So what if you can already do those things in game, but your plug ins are just enhancing them? You are not playing the game the way SE designed and intended it to be played. End of story.
                      If you are using a windower you are a hypocrite if you call someone botting a cheater. You are in the same boat... If someone is cheating more than you what do you call them? A cheaterer? No. You're both violating the ToS. You're both walking the line of getting banned. So why stop at using the windower? One is just easier to tell than the others. That's the only reason why you wouldn't use those cheats. 'Cuz people will be able to spot you doing it. Bragging that you're honorable 'cuz you aren't using plug-ins with your windower is like saying, "I am a cheater but I don't use all the cheats cuz cheating more than me is bad!"... =/ In conclusion, if you're planning to cheat don't be a hypocrite. Cheating is cheating either way. You are not a better person for not using plug ins. Just my 2 cents.

PS. TParty is great 'cuz then you can tell who's being lazy in your party.

Comment

Well I just wanna say that the way you said that sounds like a louded shootgun pointed at me (Leos) but I don't mind becase I know what your saying , next time try to make it sound like it not pointing toward anyone ok!

Comment

I think the only reason you think he looks like he's talking to you is cause you posted right above him... And Great description of it Leos. ^^b

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagon
                            Well I just wanna say that the way you said that sounds like a louded shootgun pointed at me (Leos) but I don't mind becase I know what your saying , next time try to make it sound like it not pointing toward anyone ok!
                            The first sentence of his post says that he's not pointing fingers at anyone in particular. I think he made it about as clear as he needed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Leos
                              I just wanna say I am not pointing fingers or looking down on anyone. I use a windower myself....
                              Going thru the thread, I see alot of people trying to jusify the grey area of cheating. There's only black and white. First off, anything against the ToS is a cheat. You don't need to even be using a 3rd party program. If they made an update and you start exploiting a mistake they made, you're banned. People justify windower and dat swapping because "it's okay", "everyone does it". Sorry to say but you're a cheater. Okay? And no, there is no 1st tier, 2nd tier, 3rd tier cheaters. You're all in the same boat. If you get found out, you're banned. End of story.
                              Even if you are more convenienced because you can open folders or internet pages or even, not crash because a window popped or you accidentally pressed the window button, yes you are violating the ToS. So what if you can already do those things in game, but your plug ins are just enhancing them? You are not playing the game the way SE designed and intended it to be played. End of story.
                              If you are using a windower you are a hypocrite if you call someone botting a cheater. You are in the same boat... If someone is cheating more than you what do you call them? A cheaterer? No. You're both violating the ToS. You're both walking the line of getting banned. So why stop at using the windower? One is just easier to tell than the others. That's the only reason why you wouldn't use those cheats. 'Cuz people will be able to spot you doing it. Bragging that you're honorable 'cuz you aren't using plug-ins with your windower is like saying, "I am a cheater but I don't use all the cheats cuz cheating more than me is bad!"... =/ In conclusion, if you're planning to cheat don't be a hypocrite. Cheating is cheating either way. You are not a better person for not using plug ins. Just my 2 cents.

PS. TParty is great 'cuz then you can tell who's being lazy in your party.
                              A cheat is a cheat and there's no difference between enabling minimization and warping around instant claiming everything?

Obviously there's a grey area. You should probably rethink your stance.

Comment

First of all I can read ,Second of all I said it (SOUNDS) like it was pointed towards me ,Which don't mean that I thought It was pointed towards me and if you can read between the lines which I think you two can't , my last post had a certon meaning which is make it (SOUND) like your not pointing fingers!

Comment

Working...
                                X