This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cheating and Stuff

more than likely,, all thanks to me using the windower(otherwise id be stuck ingame)

-edit- dude screw punctuation,, ",," ftw

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie
      This one.

And hey, they have a fancy version for $6.25!

I'm seriously tempted to buy a few more just in case they stop carrying it.

Feba: I like your logic! I just might buy one now.
      that keyboard looks like its gonna explode if i smash on it because i lost claim @ullikumi

i rather stay with quality that doesnt brake when i hit it once xD

-edit- Posting in a Legendary Thread
      -edit- lol i might use some of my forum money and make this thread sticky
      Last edited by Rai|Kye; 07-20-2006, 02:01 AM.

CoP=Complete RoZ=Complete ToAU=Mission 8
      Blade:Jin, a wicked badass 3-fold skill that totally outparses ridill WARs and Blackbelt monks and averages 700-1300.

Comment

Dude, it's five dollars. If it breaks, you just buy a new one!

Thankfully, I'm really kind to my keyboards (I don't think I've ever smashed anything because of something in-game), so it's not really a concern. Plus, even if I did break it...five dollars!

Comment

thats a meal, buddy
          -edit- wow i just died cuz i forgot i was ingame haha,, not only that i leveled down :/ this better become a sticky after that

Comment

I'm not sure that this thread is really all that legendary.

Comment

Umm, yeah. 2+ pages of random banter?
              Sorry guys, atleast try to make an attempt at the topic.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

it will be soon ... take a look at Soonks title
                -edit- we talking legit about the new g15 keyboard
                -edit2- it kinda derailed i guess...
                -edit3- i did by changing your title
                Last edited by Rai|Kye; 07-20-2006, 02:11 AM.

CoP=Complete RoZ=Complete ToAU=Mission 8
                Blade:Jin, a wicked badass 3-fold skill that totally outparses ridill WARs and Blackbelt monks and averages 700-1300.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
                  Umm, yeah. 2+ pages of random banter?
                  Sorry guys, atleast try to make an attempt at the topic.
                  Sorry. It was originally about cheating, I swear. Back on topic from here on out.

Comment

i fail to see how rai owned me,, anyways, windower is not a cheat, the plugins are. at the most its a hack, which is not the same but equally against the tos. its a moral call on this one

Comment

Oh, and the topic of windower being considered a cheat has been discussed to death. I'd find the previous thread(s), but its late and I'm exhausted.
                      My view: Yes the windower is technically a violation of the ToS. That being said, I've never told anyone not to use it. I don't personally feel the standalone windower gives an advantage to a PC user. Those who play on PS2 and 360 (and don't use dial-up) can still play on the tv and use their computer to look up stuff and in general surf the internet. It does get shady, as was previously noted, when you start adding all the plug-ins. I think the real reason TParty isn't already in the game from SE is because they want this to be so much of a party based experience that they want you to communicate and work together.
                      Anyway, as a Mod, I really can't condone the use of the windower, but I won't tell you that you're going to hell for using it either. Also, I'm sure you all know this, and I didn't seen any links when I skimmed through most of the early parts of the thread, but please don't link the windower, ffxiassist, or anything else that violates the ToS.

As for the thread Sevenpoint was referencing when he started this thread, I'm not sure about .dat editing for an advantage on finding coffers and the like. Yes, it does make the coffer infinitely easier to ID from across the room, but I measured it out last night, and it comes out to around 7 paces b/w npc draw distance and targetable distance. Considering when I first get to a new area and I'm looking for coffers, I generally just spam [tab] until I hit something. There is an advantage there, but it is rather slight. Seems to me to just be lazy to go through the task of changing the coffer dat just so you can notice a coffer a second earlier.
                      (I do suppose there is a slightly greater advantage in places like GC where there are coffers you cant target or normally see until you'r right on top of them.
                      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
                        Considering when I first get to a new area and I'm looking for coffers, I generally just spam [tab] until I hit something. There is an advantage there, but it is rather slight. Seems to me to just be lazy to go through the task of changing the coffer dat just so you can notice a coffer a second earlier.
                        (I do suppose there is a slightly greater advantage in places like GC where there are coffers you cant target or normally see until you'r right on top of them.
                        I do the same thing. It's a very rare situation when I find a coffer or chest visually before having already discovered it via tabbing. Generally that's only when I'm not actually looking for one.

Comment

IMHO SE have created a problem for themselves.

By not allowing the game to window legitimately, functionality that if legal just about every PC user would want, they've pushed a lot of people into becoming outlaws. Problem is once you are an outlaw doing other illeagal things seems much more doable. You become blase' about TPparty (which despite being fairly non-offensive, does give an (admittedly slim) advantage) about distance measures, about other of the less offensive tweaks.

Basically theres two different lines being drawn, the TOS which draws the line of when you are cheating or not, and the general concensus of what should be allowed. Generaly speaking rules should mirror the concesus otherwise people lose respect for the rules (see alcohol prohibition). If FFXI was naturally windowable, yes it would make some hacks marginaly easier to use, but most are easy enough to use currently with or without windower (note this seems to be the only justifcation SE can use as to why it's not naturally windowable), but it would for most people have removed the need to use anything third party at all. 90%+ of people whould be happily obaying the TOS while you would be free to clamp down on the few percent that weren't, with no ill feeling from the majority of the player base. Even if they banninated people using TParty the majority wouldn't care, as they would be on the opposite side of the rules line. Less people would feel comfortable cheating (according to the rules) if it was closer to what they felt was fair.
                          Kylestie was defeated by Curiosity.

Comment

The actual reason why Windowed mode is banned is that there's a item duping cheat that is accessed via the clock. And SE know it.

They feel that making Windowed mode open, more people would use the cheat... which they probably are correct in assuming.

The fact that their coding is so piss poor to allow such flagrant cheating to go on - is an admission they probably don't want to make known.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinnthrift
                              The actual reason why Windowed mode is banned is that there's a item duping cheat that is accessed via the clock. And SE know it.

They feel that making Windowed mode open, more people would use the cheat... which they probably are correct in assuming.

The fact that their coding is so piss poor to allow such flagrant cheating to go on - is an admission they probably don't want to make known.
                              and theres the answer i was looking for =)

Comment

Originally posted by Rai|Kye
                                that keyboard looks like its gonna explode if i smash on it because i lost claim @ullikumi

i rather stay with quality that doesnt brake when i hit it once xD

-edit- Posting in a Legendary Thread
                                -edit- lol i might use some of my forum money and make this thread sticky

just because its $5 does not mean it was poorly made, I have 2 $5 keyboards that I have had for about 2 years, and they both owrk fine

Double Post Edited:
                                Originally posted by Spinnthrift

SEs programing is not piss poor -.- The game was made for PS2 first, then ported over to PC, and they made it Fullscreen only so the experiance would be the same as PS2 (yeah mistake) but doing that lead to problems that they did not care about to much because you could not window it anyway (originaly)

Windower is ok to use, but remove all the plugins first
                                Last edited by Kailea; 07-20-2006, 05:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X