This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheating and Stuff

I agree with you on pretty much everything, except I do feel recast is cheating to a point, as are map programs that display your location. I don't feel TParty is cheating, but that's widely varible on use. For example, if you're using it to determine if someone in your alliance is a mage or a melee without searching them, it's not cheating.

If you use it for SCs, then it's not really cheating since you were going to tell them your TP anyway.

If you use it as a mage to know when SCs are coming, without having to watch PT chat, it's cheating.

Comment

I wasn't too worried about the windower being cheating until the scripts that people could just add in on their own became common. Yes, the party TP and distance plug-ins are obvious unfair advantages. But the scripts just get worse, since they allowed the creation of simple bots.

I personally have no problem with the blood pact timer, even when it did work. If they had added /recast "Blood Pact" while you don't have an avatar out (which I don't believe is too much to ask), it wouldn't even be needed.

Being able to see party member's TP without them telling you... This one is questionable. I personaly use it, but I don't rely on it for anything. I report my TP when I'm at 100%, or when somebody else reports their TP as being 100% and I'm not there yet.

Distance is questionable also. This one can be used for more than just helping your party, so I'd say it's worse than the TP party plug-in. It's moderately useful... Although if you play your job long enough, you don't need it. It's nothing major though.

DrawDistance/IME plugin/clock/exp watch - Meh. I don't use any of these, but they're not harmful plug-ins either.

Dat Swapping...I have to take Sevenpointflaw's stance on. How you want to make your character look on your screen is your business. However when it actually gives you an advantage, it gets much more questionable. I'm against swapping chests with something else, so you don't get mimics. I'm really against swapping out darters so you can't target them and misclaim on fafnir/nidhogg.

Flee Bot/Pos. hacking/all other generic bots - I'm against these, obviously. What I do find funny is how people justify these.
      Taken from a screenshot of some FFXI bot forum:
      "i am the laziest person ever now lol.. i never go anywhere the right way.. for fafnir camps i op warp to zitah and then jump and zone straight to aery, i havent ran through boyahda in so longg haha..."

Totally not an unfair advantage here! Nope. None at all. Nadda... *cough* That's just sad. Other people talk about how everything in the game is so slow. One even talks about how he got banned for fleehacking once, but he got another account and still does it. ._.
      Generic Info!

Comment

I think Mimics have a different .dat from Chests. I could be wrong on that, but you can't like, swap out the chest .dats to beat Treasures and Tribulations, for example.

Comment

just a quick question. ive never done any kind of .dat change, and i know its really only affecting you. BUT is it possible to perhaps change a certian model to be like 10 feet high and be colored a highlighter yellow, making it that much easier to spot an nm? If so then that to me would be considered cheating, just as in cs for example when you change models to be either red or blue, have long hands, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GangsterMan
            just a quick question. ive never done any kind of .dat change, and i know its really only affecting you. BUT is it possible to perhaps change a certian model to be like 10 feet high and be colored a highlighter yellow, making it that much easier to spot an nm? If so then that to me would be considered cheating, just as in cs for example when you change models to be either red or blue, have long hands, etc.
            Most NMs look the same as normal mobs; they just have different names. So that wouldn't help you spot NMs easier. It would just fill your screen with giant highlighted mobs.

Comment

As far as I know, the only real use for swapping out chests is for the assault and maybe for Pso'Xja. I just find it incredibly lazy. At least if you use SMN on it, you have a chance of failing due to the fish aggroing you at the wrong time. Plus the mimics really hurt when they beat you up for a second before carbuncle headbutts it.

I don't think you can swap out an NM's model unless it's a unique model. So you could make behemoth into an...uh... orange behemoth. There's really not many NMs that you could swap out to make them more noticable than they already are.
              Generic Info!

Comment

ahh ok, but what about an nm that spawns in a place where its the only one of its kind? Then perhaps someone could do the switch and camp it all dya, then switch back and never be bothered.

Comment

I suppose that's a possibility, but I can't think of many mobs that spawn in an area without any simliar looking mobs nearby. At least, not non force-spawn NMs.

Comment

Like what though? Most of the monsters that don't fit in an area are force spawned or are non-lotto. The only lotto NMs that have different dats than their place holders that I can think of offhand are like the ones in kuftal. Kill a bunch of raptors deep in kuftal, suddenly a green one shows up. That stands out enough already.

I could be wrong about NMs and non-NMs of the same look sharing dats though. I've never really looked at monster dat files much.
                    Generic Info!

Comment

IME plugin? Does that work? Damn, I've never been in the least interested in any FFXI hacks but suddenly I'm tempted...

Comment

Originally posted by Nazo
                        IME plugin? Does that work? Damn, I've never been in the least interested in any FFXI hacks but suddenly I'm tempted...
                        If you do use it, be careful. GMs can tell which version of the game you're running, and if you start talking in Japanese, you'll be in trouble.

Silly? Perhaps. But they don't want anyone but the Japanese players speaking in the language.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
                          Silly? Perhaps. But they don't want anyone but the Japanese players speaking in the language.
                          Which is entirely stupid when the whole picture is thought of. It would be nice to be able to speak to Japanese players in their language instead of just romaji. I've felt upset about that since the NA release... It's disappointing.
                          guh :D

Comment

Originally posted by McBride
                            Which is entirely stupid when the whole picture is thought of. It would be nice to be able to speak to Japanese players in their language instead of just romaji. I've felt upset about that since the NA release... It's disappointing.
                            Or for Japanese who live in NA >.>

Comment

the bad thing about it, is that most known cheats are already available over the internet. i have googled "FFXI cheats" and there are results for

POS hacks, bots, windower, how to cheat

I won't get into details, but there is a bigger problem than you realize.
                              Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                              Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

For the most part, I'd agree with sevenpointflaw's views on cheating. I didn't recognize some of the "unofficial plugins" so I haven't formed an opinion on them yet.

Things like position-hacking are definitely cheats. It's pathetic when respected players are caught cheating, say "yeah, but I won't do it anymore" (why? Because you got caught? And I believe you?) and are still respected by their peers. The excuse is that the "only" way to compete with other players for end-game is with cheats. If the thrill of the hunt is supposed to be your skill vs. the skill of others, then there's no accomplishment if a 3rd-party program did the work for you. It's like swapping in Andre Agassi to win a high school tennis match and claiming victory for yourself.

Personally, I don't even use a Windower just because I like things simple and clean. There are things I'd like SE to add (like allow <calls> in /echo), but I just send them suggestions rather than adding a 3rd-party program.
                                They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X