wow what's with this attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow what's with this attitude

Sorry I made a rant thread... but taskmage isn't online so I have no one to let it out on

I just don't know what to say. Today I PT with 3 english speaking Rdm and they all... suck.. with an attitude... I'm still PTing with the 3rd Rdm right now but aw how much I wanna leave...

We're fighting anticans. So-pain-ful when they do all the nasty buffs (evasion up+defense up+protect+shell) and I was trying to tell the Rdm to dispel. Both in /p and in /t....
    And as you might have guessed, he never does, nor reply Not-even-once.
    After a few battle I talked to him during our downtime that we need dispel.
    He said "MP is for healing" -.-
    Yea I got so angry I just spam the screen with {dispel}{please} for 7-8 lines.
    He spammed me back with ok too
    then the next battle he casts dispel over and over for the entire fight.

And don't let me start on refreshing...

He actually started the PT then threw the leader to another japanese too...

/rant end. Sorry for this poitnless thread -.-
    I know there are good english mages out there.... but when I see Rdm flagging with E I just can't get myself to invite them anymore.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Re: wow what's with this attitude

I feel your pain, my ls has a semi-static that I had to drop out of (I was the rdm) and now every week, I hear them complaining about their random pickup rdms in ls chat. For some reason rdm seems to be a job that a lot of people get very, very wrong.
    It's not just English though, the last one they got was French (they are all French too so it's not down to communication)

Comment

I once PTed with a RDM who only pulled the XP mobs instead of refreshing the mages.

I also once PTed with a PLD/WAR who only flashed the XP mobs and not provoking at all. That PLD claimed that he knew everything about PLD and tanking.

Comment

I think the thought that Rdm is an easy job to play is floating around vanadiel a little to much these days. The amount of times Ive heard "Play Rdm, its easy to get to 75"...Im going to slit my wrists :/
        75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
        Woodworking 91.9+2
        ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Makes me want to play Rdm.

Comment

I almost want to play Rdm just to see how badly I can play and keep getting invites.

If I played Thief even off the pace for a single session - people would remember...

#edit#

Actually.. if I played Rdm or Brd - I'd personally prefer English parties (and would be tempted to English flag up to stop the /tells in Japanese, that I reply to and get "JP ONRY! Too Weak English" as a reply back) - I prefer to chat and make friends, although being European means I take what I can get in parties right now. People with E flagged aren't always bad - just if I'm playing a job where I *know* I'll get invites, I don't want to be turned down because I'm of a different skin colour.
            Last edited by Spinnthrift; 07-05-2006, 03:53 AM. Reason: edited for teh clarity

Comment

I have seen too many rdm getting away with murder - awful gear, terrible subs (we have a 75RDM/37WAR on our server - he has no other subs at all), etc. Makes me cry

Originally posted by Aksannyi
              "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsteena
                I have seen too many rdm getting away with murder - awful gear, terrible subs (we have a 75RDM/37WAR on our server - he has no other subs at all), etc. Makes me cry
                I hope to be an awesome RDM. I just hope I'm not awesomely bad.

Sad thing is, I'll still get invites regardless.

Comment

Crappy players are more concerned with being cool than anything else. RDM is the "cool" mage job. So if they don't think they're cut out to be a crappy NIN or SAM or DRK or something, that's where they end up.

This massive generalization brought to you by The Committe for Learning to Effing Skillchain by Level 35 You're a Samurai for God's Sake.

/em bittered.
                  Ellipses on Fenrir
                  There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                  . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses
                    This massive generalization brought to you by The Committe for Learning to Effing Skillchain by Level 35 You're a Samurai for God's Sake.

/em bittered.
                    You would not believe how many Samurai I've seen who didn't understand how to SC by their thirties. Enpi practically chains all by itself, all you need to do is stick something after it.

Strange though, I was considering either going Samurai or Red Mage. This thread only makes the decision harder!

It's been settled, Rdm/Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses

/em bittered.

Sometimes you so remind me of a friend of mine. He is very clever also.

Dak: I will screenshot your RDM/SAMness for the lolbahamut thread. It will be excitement.

Comment

Lately I've been leveling my MNK, and my main gripe are main tanks that think one Provoke 10 seconds into the fight will hold hate the whole fight. I've been having to gimp my weapons on purpose, and avoiding boost and focus to prevent myself pulling hate.

Edit: I should mention these were in Qufim and Yuhtunga.
                        Last edited by Jugil; 07-05-2006, 05:31 AM.
                        BST66

Have you hugged your Taru today =)

Comment

/derail

The contrast between Saturday's party, where the SAM set up like five freaking skillchains, and Sunday's, where the SAM never used Meditate and waited for 200 TP to use the wrong weaponskill, was stunning. So stunning it had Sunday's tank dead three times in a row.

Anyway...

I think it's more that a crappy RDM is really noticeable when you know what they should be doing compared to some other jobs. If a support role or tank sucks, you know pretty early on, what with the decimated party and lack of chains. Tanks don't tend to suck for very long, they get it beaten out of them (usually).

There are a lot of crappy players recently. Personally, I just don't notice them as much until they're getting us dead, and that's more often than not the tank or mages.
                          Ellipses on Fenrir
                          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                          . . .

Comment

I would point to my entire week of soloing PLD NIN DRG and DRK to 20, but dunes parties don't really count for suck, as that's where suck originates.

I have noticed a lot of crappy players. I keep holding out hope that as I move up through the levels someone on Bahamut will be awesome and everything will be ok. But I'm starting to wonder...

Comment

*cough* so that party when I was pulling totally sucked then??

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                              "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Working...
                              X