Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well hello there, Mr Guivre!

The subject says it all.
    Last edited by Eohmer; 05-02-2007, 12:26 PM.

Re: Well hello there, Mr Guivre!

The question is, why do you have a nin and a pld in the same pt?

Comment

He was teasing us for about half an hour, just running around us like we didn't exist.

Someone then claimed him, or so we though. 3 minutes later, is when the massacre started, as you can see... >.<

Double Post Edited:
      Originally posted by Bishop
      The question is, why do you have a nin and a pld in the same pt?
      Does it really matter? That wasn't the point of this post. :-P

Besides, there weren't many options available anyway. We still did very well, until Guivre decided to ruin the fun.
      Last edited by Eohmer; 05-02-2007, 12:26 PM.

Comment

For future reference, there is a safe spot in that room for an XP party. It's up against the southeast side of the wall up on the raised ledge. Guivre never paths over there, so the only person who might be in danger is your puller.

Icemage

Comment

Great, now the NMs are actually thinking and toying with us. I think GMDave did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asir
            I think GMDave did it.
            I think GM Dave is sitting in his mom's basement IM'ing people on how they're so inferior compared to him.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog
              I think GM Dave is sitting in his mom's basement IM'ing people on how they're so inferior compared to him.

Re: NIN + PLD in the same party. Maybe the NIN was a DD NIN? I doubt it, but one can hope. NIN/BLM .

Comment

So one time I was chatting with someone and getting some skill ups, next thing I know Guivre is behind me and a moment after that I'm dead (and I'm pretty sure he loaded Sneak Attack before hitting me).

How didn't I notice the ground shaking? How didn't I notice the huge wyvern aproaching?

Till this day I'm still wondering
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Mog
                  Not after he banned his mom, he isn't. D:
                  Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
                    For future reference, there is a safe spot in that room for an XP party. It's up against the southeast side of the wall up on the raised ledge. Guivre never paths over there, so the only person who might be in danger is your puller.

Icemage
                    If only I had a nickel for every... :-\

Double Post Edited:
                    Originally posted by Raydeus
                    So one time I was chatting with someone and getting some skill ups, next thing I know Guivre is behind me and a moment after that I'm dead (and I'm pretty sure he loaded Sneak Attack before hitting me).

How didn't I notice the ground shaking? How didn't I notice the huge wyvern aproaching?

Till this day I'm still wondering
                    I was pulling, when all of a sudden he pop behind me. The only thing I can see in front of me was his huge shadow on the floor as I ran, heh. He didn't do anything at that point.
                    Last edited by Eohmer; 07-03-2006, 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I owe that bastard one!!

I was in there doing a solo Skill Up, killing a Robber Crab when I see that Phalanx and Stoneskin wear, so I recast. I'm a RDM, I had cap'd Enhancing Magic, so I Wasn't in any danger. I got both up with out taking too much damage, then suddenly I see I took 400dmg. I was confused as hell! How could this DC Robber Crab hit me for 400dmg at this level with a fresh Stoneskin and Phalanx. Suddenly I see I'm hemorrhaging HP! I look behind me and see that Guivre is pecking away. Before I could even attempt to Chainspell Escape or anything, another critical hit dropped me. I was unhappy!

I've been trying to get a few friends out there to take it down. Gravity kite it, and just nuke the hell outta it. Just can't get enough people brave enough to attempt it with me.

But I'm glad to say I've only had 1 death to Guivre, I have a few LS mates who are looking at 5~10 deaths at it's hands.
                      Odude
                      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I had one death to Guivre....well, two, but a buddy of mine was on my account PLing himself.

Anyways, Guivre is a weak ass HNM. When a few of my friends and myself are bored, we'll go and own the living hell out of him. He goes down in about 10 minutes if you have NIN, RNG, and WHM at 75 owning him. When you guys reach 75, you should be sure to get your revenge.
                        Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
                        90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

I've died once to Guivre and I've killed him once.

He's awesome if you're a THF though. Aggro him, perfect dodge > flee to gilsellers, use hide next to them > Win.

Er. Not that I'm saying you should MPK gilsellers...
                          Generic Info!

Comment

Guivre took out one of my parties while we were traveling through one day, which caused everybody to give up and disband. Only me and the Whm were still around trying to raise the trail he was leaving behind. At one point he locked onto a NInja who pre-emptively booked it to the Altepa zone. Miracaliously he made it, and now Guivre was having his fill on anybody and everybody zoning in.

Quite entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Tirrock
                              I've died once to Guivre and I've killed him once.

He's awesome if you're a THF though. Aggro him, perfect dodge > flee to gilsellers, use hide next to them > Win.

Er. Not that I'm saying you should MPK gilsellers...

Kinda like what I did at Zipacna, only a bit more smoother. Teehee

Comment

Working...
                              X