Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That BST Stole My Mob...

...And it was so worth it.

Okay, so I'm bored today and decide what the hell. I'm going to try and duo Aquarius - who has been up for two hours now without a claim - with an RDM buddy from the linkshell. Of course, my duo partner is in Besieged, so its like an hour before he gets there.

While I'm waiting in the B-Tree watching my roomate in her first Manaburn party (actually watching, not powerleveling or participating in any way), one of her members mistargets and hits a mandragora with AM.

Now they have a link. Thier BRD slips in AoE sleep, and I flash and holy the unclaimed mob which turns red and comes after me. For those of you following the thread about the claim system pay attention. I have claim on the mob, pull the mob away from my roomates party, and start to melee it. I det paralyze off, flash it again and cast stoneskin. At this point I am still full health over 1k MP, making a dent in the mandragora.

And it turns around and goes after the Bard. The bard drops dead, a black mage drops dead. My roomate gets escape off and my mob - still claimed according to my screen - links the other mandragora and pulls it back to where I am. Even with /nin I wouldn't have been 1337 enough to hand two EP mandies.

So I die (for the third time that day, thanks to Dynamis earlier), and accept a Raise I because I can, Raise 3 their party, and am back to full health and nearly full MP when a BST by the name of FMtwo comes along.

"What the hell," he /says, "I'm gonna go for it." And yoink! There goes Aquarias just as my duo partner zones in, and off I go after the BST, watching as he sends fungar after fungar against Aquarius, and very skilfully at that.

At some point he asks me if I was going to try and steal Aquarius as its constantly going white (the fungar were only lasting about 15-45 seconds each, depending on how often Aquarius crits), and I tell him, "Nope. Just here to take out Aquarius for the fun of it. Don't even need the drop."

The conversation continues friendly like banter while I follow and watch this Galka BST in action. And then it happens.

We round a corner and run into a gaggle of Rank 1, shitty equipment, random letter named Tarutaru. Now I've learned some things about these RMTers. Some I believe, some I don't.

Supposedly, each party is played by one person. Usually the THF or the NIN. The five tarutaru in the party who mana burn are controled by the same person who only has to hit a few keys on a few different computers to successfully 6-box a manaburn party.

Anyhow, they set the BST on /follow and keep trying to claim anything and everything in the room. The fungar. The spiders the BST is now using for pet swaps, pets that are already charmed, the BST, me. It was pretty damn obvious these were poorly botted bots. I think even [GM]Dave might agree that calling these guys ultra mega gundam retarded would be like calling Martin Lawrence MLK Jr.

The BST is loosing the battle. Pets are going to fast, the RMT are getting in his way, so we team up. I cast Cure V on the BST who is down to less than 50hp and steal hate from the new pet. I go down like a cheap hooker, but the RDM gets gravity off so the BST has a little more play room. I get up again just in time to cure the RDM before he takes a crit while shadows are down, and I go down for the second time.

The BST makes for the zone, and RMT manages to get the claim on the NM (whos only drop worth anything is a Rare/Ex +Racc +Ratt axe that the BST wanted for his RNG). They hold out just long enough for thier NIN tank to show up and get Aquarius down to 30% HP. By this time the BST is back and watching the action with dismay. There goes his axe.

Then it happens. Shadows down, and Aquarius crits. Bye-bye RMT tank. Before the gaggle of BLMs can stand up Aquarius is on them, one shotting each and every last one.

Oh, it was a sweet victory. Not only because seven RMT wiped, but after the NIN went down and Aquarius laid into the BLMs and the THF, all I saw was...

*giggle*

With the NM back at 30%, and the RMT out of the way, our friendly BST took over again. All in all it was the most fun I've had getting killed by an NM. Well worth the two deaths.

Fmtwo: I sincerely hope you got the drop. It was deserved after the shit you had to go through to try and get it.

Re: That BST Stole My Mob...

Axe is 100%, so he would have gotten it.

I'm surprised the RMT would bother with it though. It drops like 18k gil at best...
    Generic Info!

Comment

I love the stupidity of RMT. Alls I can say here is OWNED!

And I hope Fmtwo got the drop =D

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Originally posted by Kolid
        I love the stupidity of RMT. Alls I can say here is OWNED!

And I hope Fmtwo got the drop =D
        Yeah, it's obvious the RMT got pwned. They even leveled down, which is nice.

Whoever you are, Fmtwo, hope you got whatcha wanted.

Comment

Fun story, thanks!

Comment

Haha.... RMTs, the only group against whom people would actually prefer a BST get the claim.

-sam
            "And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find... I shall kill you." -Stewie Griffin

My job levels and goals.

Comment

nice! that must have been a sight to see.
              I had a similar incident with gilsellers at Aquarius. however, they were the bsts in my case.

If you are bored
              Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
              ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Always nice to hear stories about RMters ( sellers or buyers ) deads.

Comment

The more I see these Rank 1 Tarus (they are on multiple servers I understand) the more I think they are from a company that is new to FFXI RMT. They are making a lot of the really obvious mistakes (like fighting mobs that drop nothing worthwhile to them), and not being very descrete about thier opperations (botting in sky for example).

I dunno the situation on other servers, but they're kinda a joke over in Odin... would be funny if there weren't so many of them ;_;

Comment

Sounds like I sight to see...

I've PTed with Fmtwo and he's a nice guy.

Man, I would've enjoyed that though.

Comment

Working...
                    X