Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate People Like Me

Alternate Title: Finally Some Good Luck

So today I'm out duoing with one of my best friends (BST60) trying to get eyes for hakutaku cluster. We're down in SSG for god knows how long when along comes Dldl and starts droppin' the mobs faster than we can duo them.

Despite our frustration, there's two of us and one of him, and we manage to keep going without any extra down time. I know that Dldl is there for some keys (he had asked if we had one), but still. He's already got O-hat. Why our mobs?

Finally we get our second eye thingy along with a key. I tell Dldl that we have a key hoping he'd take it and get gone. He tells me that he just got his key, and then thanks us. But before he goes, he gave us each a second eye.

So, our good luck, we got two eyes each. To Dldl: I know you don't speak english, but you fuckin' rawk man!

So we move on to KRT to get our second eye. As we run through its just before 1:00 am in-game. My BST friend pops up with "Wanna swing by spook?" or something to that effect.

So we do, and as I round the cornor I say "Looks like its almost pop time," in reference to the seven people standing around looking pretty. Just as I hit enter, I see Spook pop RIGHT in front of me. Tab once, hit my flash macro just as BST friend gets into attack range, and its dead in less than 30seconds.

By the time the other people got close enough to use provoke or whatever, we were already gone.

And to top it off, I'm now 1/1 on Spook. One less item I have to buy for leveling NIN now! Some people get all the luck I guess.

God, I hate people like me.

Re: I Hate People Like Me

Wtg, luckster, congrats.

Comment

So most BRDs are obsessed with getting their Bard Cannions which drop in Dyanamis-Xarcabard. Most people are in line for months waiting for a chance to lot them. They drop very rarely.

So on my first trip to Dynamis-Xarcabard one BRD (who was and is 4/5 relic only missing the pants) was MIA that day. Another BRD had to leave suddenly about 10 minutes before we fought Decarabia. Here it is my first time... tier 1... very few points. They drop and I got them.

And what about the Bard's Justaucorps in Dynamis-Beaucedine? Well it dropped and me and another guy were both tier 1ing and he won the lot. I was sad. Then 10 minutes later a second one dropped and it was mine. Sickening luck beyond all odds.
      A Day in the Life of a Taru

Comment

haha nice

Originally posted by SevIfrit
        we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

Congrats man, i still being a new player have yet to successfully try a NM that you have to camp for. I ran into Carnero once by accident when i was farming Beehive chips with a friend. But that is the only one i have ever killed.
          I fire up the grill.

Lighter fluid, lighter fluid, lighter fluid.

[GM]Dave>> FIRAGA III!!!

I pretend not to notice Susan shaking her head as I throw the match

Originally posted by Mog
          holy shit, apparently crazy is contageous. I turned his brain into the mind of a bulldog! nOO!!

Comment

hehe congratulations

what does spook drop?
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Traveler's Mantle. It's a nice low level armor for most melee jobs.

Comment

Level 12 +Eva gear for melee. Goes for about 200k on my server. I guess the front-line version of Mist Silk Cape?

Comment

Originally posted by sevenpointflaw
                  Level 12 +Eva gear for melee. Goes for about 200k on my server. I guess the front-line version of Mist Silk Cape?
                  Pretty much. Spook is a much easier spawn to camp though, since it just shows up at a certain time instead of having to camp placeholders. Plus, front line jobs love a little extra EVA.

Comment

Exactly why I'm so extactic. I've got about 400k out 700k needed to get my last piece of Blessed, then its off to dunes to level Ninja. Any bit of +Eva makes me joygasm.

Comment

Wow, nice luck there! I seem to have horrible luck myself... T.T
                      BLM75 RNG65 BRD50 NIN37 RDM37 WHM25 WAR25 BST21 THF7
                      Cooking83
                      Elemental Magic Skill Merits 1/5

Thanks to Kazuki for the awesome sig!

Comment

what is meant by tier1? or 1ing it

Sorry for the complete newb question, but I wanna know. :D

Comment

Not a noob question. It's a method that a lot of Dynamis shells use to determine who gets to lot. We get a point for each Dynamis we attend. 1-5 points = tier 1, 6-10 points = tier 2 etc. As you can imagine (only being able to do 2 dynamis' per week) it would take anyone quite a while to stock up many points.

The person that happened to no show up was tier 16 and so I got to lot tier 1 my first Xarcabard. Needless to say, many of my BRD friends let me know how much they hated me considering they either spent a ton of points or were still waiting and had been for months.

To add insult to injury I think the pants are overrated XD
                          A Day in the Life of a Taru

Comment

There is day with and day without.

I remember when I was helping a friend to get his warlock tabard. I spent weeks before dropping my key and had to come a few times to get a coffer for mine.

As we are heading there we notice a coffer, seems like it s starting good. Once at upper floor he aggroes, so we start fighting, rought fight but that s when I noticed the full power of phalanx. So we are hitting it and should make it when we got a first add. First Yagudo is nearly dead so another of his friends come to help. We manage to finish the first and it drops a key. Now you have a kitty in red HPs keeping 2 EM/DC Yagu asleep and an elvaan running like a mad man to get his coffer. He managed to open it before any of us died and chainspell warp saved my tail.

Fastest / funnier AF quest I ever done.

Comment

Tier 1'ing is a points system for Dynamis or Sky or whatever.

So basically, you got your Rare Item that everyone of a job wants. Let's say for example, the Valor Surcoat for PLDs, because I want it very much.

The 'lotting tiers' are the priority rules for who can lot it if it drops.

For example (And different LSs have different rules, mind you)

Tier 1 (or @1) could be "Must be Able to wear the Piece, have enough Dynamis points for the piece, and be an active member in the LS"

Tier 2 could be "High enough to wear it, but not enough points"

Tier 3 could be "Not High enough to wear it"

and so on.

But if all the people of that job have the item already, or if people of those jobs are suddenly absent, people at the lower tiers get bumped up. So if you happen to be the only one lotting the item, it's yours ^^
                              Wevrain - Shiva

Comment

Working...
                              X