Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember the Comedy in FFXI? Where'd it go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the Comedy in FFXI? Where'd it go?

To be brief, Garliage Citadel.

Remember the days where if someone linked Citadel Bats, EVERYONE had to zone for like 5+ mins?

Remember when if someone zoned a Gob by the Kazham entrance, you had to shimy to the side and pray to Altana it didn't aggro?

Remember when you used to be able to claim with Dia? - -;

Well, one thing is for certain, and it's that this game is a LOT easier. I couldn't imagine playing the way I play now with the rules of back then.

Ah well, feel free to post your "Most Missed Memories" here.

Oh, here's another one:

Remember when getting Chain 6 was the shit and no one even considered going past it?

Remember when 4k/hr was awsomesauce?

Remember when someone had a Sigged Screenshot of a chain 21 (Jei >.>) and you thought that it was uber leet sauce shyte? LoL!

Now people bitch if you don't break double digits - -;;
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Re: Remember the Comedy in FFXI? Where'd it go?

I missed the old prices where the 50 starting gil you started the game with chould actuly do something.

I miss people not knowing what NMs where and where afarid to go near em

But most of all I miss the times we had before the RMT and gillsellers showed up. Now all they do is jack prices up and ruin it for all of us. I mean 2 years ago my 500k chould have gotten me a nobles tunic with gil to spare. now i need abother 9,500,000 to buy it.
    [GM]Dave>> Last question.
    Player>> Shoot.
    [GM]Dave>> Don't tempt me.

Comment

Remember when 3 out of every 4 people in windurst wore a blue tunic?
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Yhoator Jungle and the Gob trains. Definatly a favorite.

"Whos the better damage dealer? Drk or Drg". Mnk and War were seen as gimp DDs.

The days where we didn't know our left or right in the dunes (I started at PC launch).

But overall. Most missed is just being a newb and the world of FFXI being so new. Not a feeling you can get back realyl either.

San d'Oria 8-2 :: ZM14 :: PM Storms of Fate :: ToAU 15
        Want an Optical Hat? 1M (Your cluster) / 2.5M (Cluster suplied). /tell Cesario, Firedevil, or Duong. (Siren)

Comment

good old days. I miss that.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaridono
            But overall. Most missed is just being a newb and the world of FFXI being so new. Not a feeling you can get back realyl either.
            I don't really feel this way. I still feel like a newb on a regular basis when starting a new job or just learning something I didn't know, and there are still many areas of the world I've never been to or explored. That's my favorite thing about this game. I've been playing for probably almost 3 years and there's still a lot left to be experienced.

Comment

Remember when you couldn't figure out the timing on SC's? You'd count out loud just to be sure you did it right. Now you make them almost on accident.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

SC Timing and Windy Fish Bots, lol

What about the RNG/THF or NIN/THF and THF/RNG days?

Or the WAR/MNK tanks. . . At lvl 50.

I still remember getting into a group so that we could kill Bubbling Bernie.

Oh, and of course, not being able to differentiate between who was in a pt and who wasn't. I guess those colors actually meant something.....

Double Post Edited:
                Add: I remember seeing Silk Thread for 10k a stack and remarking at how effing rich I'd be with 10k.
                Last edited by WishMaster3K; 06-22-2006, 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                The Tao of Ren
                FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                Originally posted by Kaeko
                As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

The first thing that bummed me out when I returned to FFXI was no ghoul or gobs waiting at the Shakhrami entrance. I loved to see how panicked people would get as a ghoul followed a pt to the entrance, or on the special occasions, a scorpion. The same with gobs at Yuhtunga.

EDIT: Yeah, same here with the old economy. Back then I would get pissed at Jeuno chocobo/AH fees, and thought that 4k for an elm log was the easy way to riches. I also find it odd that, on Phoenix at least, wind crystals sell for less than earth crystals. I remember when those suckers were 500-800 a stack.

Comment

/SAM everything DD 60+
                    no tp nerf on multi-hit ws's
                    meditate for 100 tp subbed

the first time you saw someone wearing the AF for your planned main job and you had to check your pants after they ran by.

EDIT: yeah Comet. The gob runs by and people dont even care anymore. It used to be a "we should finish up, then hide for 10 minutes b/c he'll be back. The best is when people would keep aggroing the same mob over and over and he'd never make it back to his home spot. Could spend 2 hours in yhoator and get maybe 1k xp b/c you spent all of your time hiding from the roaming gob.

Comment

I remeber war/mnk being THE tank and paladins were a rare luxury.

I remeber pricing all the equipment I wanted using "stacks of moat carp" as a unit. As in "Oo only 9 stacks of moat carp could buy me a Kingdom Tunic and a Mist Silk Cape."

Double Post Edited:
                      Oh, speaking of AF. I remember the first time I was in Jeuno spending an evening running around trying to find out what every AF set looked like.
                      Last edited by Taskmage; 06-22-2006, 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ah jeuno, you get there and suddenly the 10k in your pocket seems like bird crap.

And then there's the whole trip to jeuno. The first long running experience where you think you're going to die about every 5 seconds.

Comment

Remeber needing a full alliance for Promyvion?

Double Post Edited:
                          or a full party for 2-3?

Double Post Edited:
                          Ohh remember having to sit for mp? What a pain that was!

Oh wait, I guess some people still have to do that ... :3
                          Last edited by Taskmage; 06-22-2006, 11:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Perhaps it's because I never got very far, but I remember when meat mithkabobs were the shiznit for any job.

I also remember when tree cuttings were maybe 20k a stack and growing saplings/ore for profit was a big secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaridono

The days where we didn't know our left or right in the dunes (I started at PC launch).
                              for most people i think this was yesterday...
                              or possibly even today... >.<
                              Kylestie was defeated by Curiosity.

Comment

Working...
                              X