Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why would you want to be /anon?

Originally posted by ImpactionActionHero
    Sometimes I seek, and suddenly I get ten tells at the same time...

I feel like I'm going to freak out at all the requests! Which one will be the better party? Which one will I regret joining? I usually /sea all the leader before joining any party, but in this situation it's just eeny, meeny, miney, moe...
    And I hate the feeling you get about 30 minutes later when you realize you've made the wrong choice.

Comment

If they're anon but flagging I think thats just stupid. I do it so I dont get invites, you know when you're trying to chill In Jeuno you dont want an invite every now and then. I also use it when I level low jobs because otherwise newbs feel inclined to invite you to lvl 5 parties...

Friends of mine use anon so they dont get harassed for cures or raises when they're busy.

Comment

I have to say, over that, over the last few days, i got a few tells from strangers requesting parties, without me even having my flag up. But here's the thing: I'm a warrior, lol. Even though this was only a few tells, i can certainly appreciate the fact that WHM's and PLD's get a lot, and would want to go /anon.

/salute all whm's and pld's.

Comment

Yea I just use it when I'm on my whm and don't want a PT, or already have one, seems like I get nonstop tells even when im in a PT.
          irontempest.clicdev.com

Comment

I MUST go anon or I get 1,000 tells to party on my drg....wait nvm. I was soloing my nin the other day with {Party} {No Thanks} in my search comment. I got about 5 tells to party. Plus when I amd soloing as my 65Drg/18Rdm, I get tired of people letting me know my sub is underleveled.
            Thanks Kazuki.
            Dragoon Equipment

Comment

You do know that you don't have to have a flag up to get invited to a party, right?
              lol yes

but gather together trail markings or sky etc.....
              [main]@75 = BLM+WAR
              [sub]@37+ = NIN THF RNG WHM RDM

Comment

Originally posted by Jenifa
                lol yes

but gather together trail markings or sky etc.....
                I have no idea what you're saying here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal
                  I MUST go anon or I get 1,000 tells to party on my drg....wait nvm. I was soloing my nin the other day with {Party} {No Thanks} in my search comment. I got about 5 tells to party. Plus when I amd soloing as my 65Drg/18Rdm, I get tired of people letting me know my sub is underleveled.
                  Wow, that's some level of nosiness that transcends even tabloid reporters.

"Let's see. A DRG. Not even seeking, not that I'd invite one anyway, I think I'll /tell him he's doing something wrong."

God!

-sam
                  "And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find... I shall kill you." -Stewie Griffin

My job levels and goals.

Comment

Originally posted by samarium
                    Wow, that's some level of nosiness that transcends even tabloid reporters.

"Let's see. A DRG. Not even seeking, not that I'd invite one anyway, I think I'll /tell him he's doing something wrong."

God!

-sam
                    Yeah, I'm not a fan of server busybodies either. If someone isn't in my party, I don't care at all what job combination they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
                      I have no idea what you're saying here.
                      It's referring to the times you are doing a LS event and you have to put your flag up so party leaders see you, or know you still need to get into a party.

Many times it's much more convenient to put your flag up simply because it's easier to see in search and they notice you easier if you are in the middle of a 60 people group waiting to enter Dynamis and stuff.
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus
                        It's referring to the times you are doing a LS event and you have to put your flag up so party leaders see you, or know you still need to get into a party.

Many times it's much more convenient to put your flag up simply because it's easier to see in search and they notice you easier if you are in the middle of a 60 people group waiting to enter Dynamis and stuff.
                        Your explanation makes a lot more sense. I'm not sure what she said was even in english.

Comment

It was in auto-translate. {Gather together.} <t>
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Hmm... on Garuda, apparently there are times when healers are so rare that even as a summoner I sometimes get an excessive number of invites. The first time I entered Jeuno as a 20 summoner (with my flag down) I got 2 invites to join parties in Qufim. Of course, I don't complain, since my job isn't one of the most appealing for exp parties... but I still went anon. Some people don't even know about search comments or bother to read them, and I understand that that's a fact on any server. If I go anon, then I'm certain I won't be wasting their time.
                            Biggest Accomplishment: Level 20 avatar fights
                            Ifrit 1/1; Garuda 1/1; Shiva 1/1; Titan 1/1; Ramuh 1/2; Leviathan 1/3 (and record time for Garuda server)

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
                              I had a friend who would go AFK while LFG on his RDM and BRD. Like, for hours. He'd go to work or to sleep or something. His comment would say where he was, but he still recieved a ton of tells for parties.
                              Why on earth would you go LFG while AFK?

So you have to go to work or to sleep and you don't want to log out. Fine. That's your choice. But why seek when you know damn well that you can't/won't take an invite??

Jezzi
                              Midgardsormr
                              Proud member of xTeamZx
                              Windurst - Rank 9
                              Cooking - Journeyman - 60

75 BLM, 71 BRD
                              60 THF, 60 WHM, 37 NIN, 31 RNG
                              31 WAR, 21 BST, 14 PUP, 12 COR,
                              10 SMN, 9 SAM, 3 DRG, 1 PLD, 1 BLU
                              ~~The trouble with life is there's no background music.~~

Comment

Originally posted by Jezzi
                                Why on earth would you go LFG while AFK?

So you have to go to work or to sleep and you don't want to log out. Fine. That's your choice. But why seek when you know damn well that you can't/won't take an invite??

He was doing it to make people frustrated/angry. It worked.

I'd like to note that I neither admired nor condoned this behavior.

Comment

Working...
                                X