Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New player question (regarding mainly community)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New player question (regarding mainly community)

Well I am thinking about giving FFXI a try (I got bored of WoW and quit about 2 months ago and I just finished about Guild Wars yesterday). Basically i want to know if it is too late for me to really get into FFXI. How many players (approximently) play on a med-high pop server. Is this game heading in a good direction or is it starting to fade out and die? Basically i just don't want to come to a "ghosttown" kind of game.

Re: New player question (regarding mainly community)

You will never have a hard time leveling in the lower levels. What's great about this game is that people can level one job to 75......and then they can start over with any other job they want. Moreover, with the recent release of the XBOX 360 version of the game, you will never have a hard time finding people to party with.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog
      You will never have a hard time leveling in the lower levels. What's great about this game is that people can level one job to 75......and then they can start over with any other job they want. Moreover, with the recent release of the XBOX 360 version of the game, you will never have a hard time finding people to party with.
      Thanks for the info. I really just want a game where i see people running around, doing stuff like in real life. I want a game where i can be social and meet new people. By any chance could you possibly tell me how many people are online (just an estimate) on a medium to high population server at peak hours?

Comment

Peak hours? Usually the normal server is around 4,000 people. Plus, there are specific times when you'll see an abundance of japanese players and an abundance of american players. Trust me, you will never have a hard time finding people and socializing. It's very easy to make friends in this game, as I have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Mog
          Peak hours? Usually the normal server is around 4,000 people. Plus, there are specific times when you'll see an abundance of japanese players and an abundance of american players. Trust me, you will never have a hard time finding people and socializing. It's very easy to make friends in this game, as I have learned.
          Alright thank you so much Mog for the info. I think i am going to go buy it tommorow morning =p

Wish me luck...

Comment

lol, have fun. Hope you love the game as much as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mog
              Unless your in Europe. Then you unlock the 2 new jobs: Vampire and Zombie

- Vampire Job: You sleep during the day so you can be wide awake to play with the americans and the japanese.

Vampire>> {Blood} {Do you have it?}
              Player>> Hi, want to join my party?
              Vampire>> Ah! You invite me. Mhu ha ha ha....

- Zombie Job: You don't sleep during the day and you TRY to stay awake to play with americans a Japanese alike.

Player>> Hi want to join my party?
              Zombie>> aaaaaaaaaaaarggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh
              Player>> ???. You ok?
              Zombie>> Sorry. I fell asleep on the keyboard.

Currently I'm subbing Zombie to my main Weekend Warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoHoraHora
                Unless your in Europe. Then you unlock the 2 new jobs: Vampire and Zombie

- Vampire Job: You sleep during the day so you can be wide awake to play with the americans and the japanese.

Vampire>> {Blood} {Do you have it?}
                Player>> Hi, want to join my party?
                Vampire>> Ah! You invite me. Mhu ha ha ha....

- Zombie Job: You don't sleep during the day and you TRY to stay awake to play with americans a Japanese alike.

Player>> Hi want to join my party?
                Zombie>> aaaaaaaaaaaarggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh
                Player>> ???. You ok?
                Zombie>> Sorry. I fell asleep on the keyboard.

Currently I'm subbing Zombie to my main Weekend Warrior.
                Guess I'd be considered a vampire

>:{E}

Comment

Funny stuff XD

Beasleyboy, sometimes you will wish the server wasnt so crowded :E, trust me.. when youre trying to gather stuff to sell and you find 300.3 people doing the same thing you will wish with a passion that they would just vanish into oblivion~

ps. ".3" = taru
                  signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

well put it this way.....

18 Jobs to level to 75.

Rise of zilhart missions = 17 missions to do.
                    Chains of promithia = 17+ mission I think (can anyone add)
                    Then theres your home nation missions =20 per nation and once you have completed one nation, you can change nation and do the other 2 nations missions.

Also there are hundreds of little quests you can do in the cities to rise fame, then theres gobbie bag quests, mog house quests, Artifact armour quests, Job specific equipment quests, NM's to fight BCNM's to fight and ENM's to fight, plus theres the Art Utunga new expansion pack (sorry can't spell it off hand) with more missions, quests and new areas to explore. Plus there are 8 guilds to skill up on (including fishing) you can mine items, harvest and lumberjack wood for skill ups, theres chocobo digging etc etc.

you will never have nothing to do!!!

Comment

Mog, where you from?

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoHoraHora
                        Mog, where you from?
                        The wonderful land of Moogletown, where I usually go hang out with my friends, Kupon, Kupot, Kupod and Kope.

But.....many people think I'm from Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre
                          Chains of promithia = 17+ mission I think (can anyone add)
                          As I recall, there are 63 separate entries in the Chains of Promathia mission log. Only a fraction involve actual battles, but that still leaves many, many "active" missions.

Icemage

Comment

Yea, you talk to an npc then talk to the next one just down the stairs and ding, you got 30 missions done D:
                            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

btw, Balfree, you've got crabs? I'm so sorry, man.

Comment

Working...
                              X