Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why I never give new people gil.

Don't confuse noobs with newbies. :D

Plus, a stack of rabbit hides should at least sell for 1000 in the AH. (Selling for 3-4k in my server). Repeating the quest helps with fame though, although I prefer doing individual quests.

Comment

had someone beg me for gil today.. except when i told him 'no' the first time, he logged off, switched chars, then begged again on another char -.-;

Comment

My LS asks me for gil... but only after I tell them about big chunks of gil that arrive in my delivery box from the AH... I try to keep them amused with new and exciting responses

Comment

I'm waiting for someone to ask me for TEH GILZ so I can give them 1 gil and tell them to piss off.

Comment

Originally posted by Feenicks
            I'm waiting for someone to ask me for TEH GILZ so I can give them 1 gil and tell them to piss off.
            That made me think of a funny story. I was in Bastok doing guild points or something, when a new player (replete with question mark) sends me a /tell asking about some random thing. I spent the better part of an hour showing him around town, teaching him about how to fight, where to sell his drops, signet-- standard newbie boilerplate. Then, for a dramatic flourish, and because I happen to have the stuff in my inventory, I crafted him up his very own Wax Sword +1, signed by yours truly.

His reaction was:
            NewRDM>>: Wow, that was really cool! This is an awesome sword! Could I have some gil, too?
            >>NewRDM: You could sell the sword, I guess -.-;

My little newbie-loving heart was broken. About ten minutes later, though, I get another /tell saying "I just realized that was really rude. I'm sorry. Thank you for your help, and the sword!"

Comment

I helped a new person out 2 months into playing the game by helping him get a map for the Wadi.

Then he just surpaseed me.

Then a month or two later I ran into him and he was PL a new character and he asked me to help her around and so I got her caught up to the mission I was on Mission 6 (The Dragon) then she surpassed me too.

It's just goes go to show you that not all Newbs are helpless.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

when i used to play i told then to piss off or get lost you f** wanker or some thing like that
                I only help people i care bout like folks in my linkshell.

Comment

wrong topic *** hehe

Comment

Working...
                  X