This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lvl Cap in Beseiged??

Ok this has been bugging me for a while now. When Beseiged is going to start some LS members will get on low lvl jobs and wait in Al Zahbi. Now I realize they are having fun but they say they do it to get exp for that job. But at approx. 700 exp, is it really worth it to deny someone else the pleasure of actually helping and battling?

Thats my issue. Only a certain amount of people can get in and if someone gets in on some low lvl job then someone who has a high lvl job that could actually benefit the fight has been denied access. Why would someone want to do this? Most of the time they lay there dead and laugh. What good is that doing for the fight?

Now before anyone gets all hot and bothered about this, put yourself in the persons shoes that was in to actually help. You travel there, you get psyched to do battle with the Undead Swarm, you have a plan and you're hoping for a win. The time comes and you're denied but some lvl 20 blu is in there, laying dead, laughing.

If they had a lvl cap rated at a lvl to where you would actually benefit the fight, that would be the end of that. Maybe the cap could fluctuate depending on the lvl of the mobs. In the end, since space is limited, I think that job lvls should be limited too. Everyone likes having fun but when your fun is intruding on others fun, shouldn't you reconsider?
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: Lvl Cap in Beseiged??

set it so that at the start of a beseige, a question box pops up, right before the enemy invades.

"An alert has been issued! The <enemy forces> have reached Al Zahbi! <Run and Hide!/Fight to the death!>"

if it isn't answered before the "Breach!" cutscene starts, automatically kick them from the zone.

then, if the zone is still overcrowded, gradually restrict people from level. first kick out everyone under 20, then 30, 40, 50, 60, 65, 70, 74. Although a server will probably never have to do more than kick out people under 50.

My server only has 200-400 people per beseige most of the time. Even on friday night we didn't cap out.

Comment

Our Beseiged is quite busy. I rarely attend but I hear people on Vent complaining a blue streak about not being able to get in.

I like your ideas! I certainly hope that SE addresses this issue. If the zone isn't full, I have no issues with lower lvl jobs goofing around but when there are others that can actually contribute, then I think a line must be drawn.
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Whats the limit on besieged?

I've seen it past 700 IIRC.

Although I do recall people getting dropped mid battle, but were still able to participate once logged back into the game.

Comment

The limit is 700, it was instated a week or so ago.

As for the issue, I think it's dumb taking a low level job.

Perhaps there could be a message when you enter Al Zahbi while it's under siege or before besieged starts, saying you have to be 50+ or else you can't go in because it's dangerous.

It's not terribly hard to have a 50+ character, and even so, if you're under 50, I can't really see why you'd be in Aht Urghan anyway.

As for Odin, we had 300 people against the Savages yesterday. We lost 3 generals, got back-to-backed by the Swarm, but fortunately 150 more people came, and a group had rescued the generals between the attacks.
          Last edited by Matera; 06-02-2006, 10:39 AM. Reason: Added bit about Odin.

Comment

Level 60 minimum would be good, in my opinion.
            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
            Currently Playing:
            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

well everything else in TAU starts around lv50...

Comment

I think there is a level floor at 50 for besieged. Besides, if you don't do anything in besieged, you don't get any exp.
                Last edited by Kametame; 06-02-2006, 03:28 PM.
                Kametame
                Server: Lakshmi

75 BLM | 75 SMN | 37 WHM

Summoning Skill 262/269 (ZOMG! 7 to go!)

w/Equips and Merits 304/269

Comment

you get EXP based on your contribution to the battle. So I don't think low level will get that 700 so easily. As 75 BLM I still only get 500-600 average.
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

And all you have to do is sub whm and cure people. I never said they always get max exp, I just stated approx. exp. On my 75 blm I got 700 exp twice.

Comment

Whenever I stay back and cure instead of dicking around, I get 700 as BLM, at only lv60.

Hint: Toss out some stuns. Helps a ton, and really boosts your score. Got that from a DRK friend of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                        And all you have to do is sub whm and cure people. I never said they always get max exp, I just stated approx. exp. On my 75 blm I got 700 exp twice.
                        If it's that easy to reach 700 exp by just cures, then it seems an adjustment to the points credited per cure is what is in order. Since Besiege refills your MP gauge and don't have to sit and heal even low level they are still contributing with heals then, only seems that you should be looking for the jerks that are doing this and not attempting to stay alive.

Those are the ones getting wiped quick and not being any contribution to the fight, if they are at least attempting to avoid taking damage (Which I have succeeded doing the last three Besiege I've played so far) then those cures are still a decent contribution.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

i never know besiege refills our mp... i'll check it out.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

They aren't contributing, they are dead. At those lvls they don't last long and thats what I said in my original post...they lay dead and laugh. Also a low lvl character casting cure ONE is NOT contributing. Less than 30 hp healing isn't going to do squat in Beseiged and most of the time they are just curing one another and laughing. Of the few times I've went to Beseiged I've seen at least 10 people there doing this, some of them being LS members. It's starting to catch on and more people are going now and doing this from what I hear on Vent conversations.

As for Beseiged filling your mp, then our's must be broken. I had to rest when I was there on blm.

Comment

same here. I spent over 70% of my time in besiege sitting as blm

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
                              X