This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ige Ftl Omg?

With all the recent talk about gilselling and account buying, I figure there is no better way to make myself heard and to hear others than to make a post on it.
    Originally posted by IGEs Website
    Play Nice, Don't Monopolize!
    Originally posted by IGEs Website

Hundreds of thousands of people, like you, enjoy playing Final Fantasy XI. Everyone plays to have a good time. Friendliness, courtesy, and respect for others are as important in the online world as they are in real life. We encourage all players to be good citizens of the gaming community. Exploits, hacks, and monopolizing camp spots so other people can’t acquire good items are destructive to the whole game experience for everyone. Game economies are not helped by making it difficult for other players to play and enjoy the game. Any activity that makes playing the games less fun hurts us all. We encourage you to use common sense, common courtesy, and enjoy the marvelous adventures in the games. Help everyone have fun and all else follows.

Give me a break. If anything, they're advocating use of their own business so people loosen up spawn points and buy their gil.

Glad we cleared that up. Really, do they expect us to believe that all those Gusgen campers aren't with them? All those bots that used to camp O Kote were from some other company? Which other company? Oh yeah, RPGHoldings, in essence, IGE, bought out most of the other ones, as well some sites that had nothing to do with it. Allakhazam, anyone?

I really wonder how they manage to turn any sort of profit. 28 dollars for a mil?

No thanks.

Hell, I wouldn't pay a penny on principle.

53 Male Hume White Mage/28 Black Mage/28 Samurai With Great Gear, Skills, Spells & Tons More! - $299.99

Taken right from the Odin Account page. Jesus christ, 300 dollars for a level 53 White Mage? Oh wow, it has all of its skills, that Divine Seal certainly pumps up the price.

Truth be told, I plan on selling my account when I'm done with this game. With a level 62 Blm, 51 Rdm, and a total of over 350 levels, with a net worth of about 6 mil, I expected no more than 100 dollars. Do people actually pay for that shit?

Would you pay 300 USD for that?

Who would then?

How are these fools still in business?

Yes, I did go to IGE.com. No, I wasn't even window-shopping. Window shopping involves some sort of desire to get something.

I need answers, I think my head's going to explode and stupidity is going to splatter all over if these morons stay in business any longer.

Re: Ige Ftl Omg?

Starting to look a lot like Alla around here.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

That's only about 2 years old, huh?

Anyway, most gilsellers aren't directly employed by IGE, but by smaller companies, which sell the gil to IGE or other companies

Double Post Edited:
      by the way, if you want to sell your account, except about 1/10th of whatever IGE sells it for.
      Last edited by Feba; 05-30-2006, 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron
        Starting to look a lot like Alla around here.
        I agree.

Comment

well, IGE affects us all.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Matera
            I really wonder how they manage to turn any sort of profit. 28 dollars for a mil?
            No thanks.
            Hell, I wouldn't pay a penny on principle.
            So according to this part of your post you sound you are against the principle of
            selling for real money gill etc. Why do you contadict yourself with this post?

Truth be told, I plan on selling my account when I'm done with this game. With a level 62 Blm, 51 Rdm, and a total of over 350 levels, with a net worth of about 6 mil, I expected no more than 100 dollars.
            By selling your account you are just becoming part of the problem if you are only playing with the hope of selling the account, why spend all the money on monthly fees to get that high?

You then go to say

I need answers, I think my head's going to explode and stupidity is going to splatter all over if these morons stay in business any longer.
            Surely by selling your account you are just helping their business?

Alot of people complain about gillsellers and account sellers, as noobs who bought the account cause problems in parties etc because they no jack shit about the game and their job role etc that a job of that level should know/ be doing etc. This is a problem that effects everyone, and now you are admitting to possibly selling your account and add to this, don't blame me when you get alot of negative comments etc. Your attitude to this doesn't give you a good representation to all the other members in this forum.
            Last edited by Jarre; 05-30-2006, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Dunno bout anyone else - but I havent been affected by gil sellers in a while. I see them in sky - but never on a time when my LS is up there. Sure they have monopolies on Serket, but they can't bot it anymore, so its just you guys sucking at claiming.

Seriously, people need to stop blaming the issues in the game on gil sellers - other peoples greed is probably worse.

Comment

If you're going to be a greedy dink, at least sell your account on E-bay.

You may be contributing to the spread of high leveled newbies, but at the very least you won't be feeding the people who run IGE. FFXI isn't the only game thats affected by IGE's money-grubbing influence.
                : : : : :_/ _/ _/ : : : : : : : : : : : :_/ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :_/ : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
                : : : :_/ : : : :_/ : : :_/ _/ _/ : : : :_/ : _/_/ : :_/: : : : :_/: _/ : : _/ : : : : _/ _/ _/
                : : :_/ : : : :_/ : _/: : : : _/ : _/ :_/:_/: : : : :_/: : : : :_/: _/ _/ : : : : :_/ : : : :_/
                : :_/ : : : :_/ : _/ : : : :_/ : _/ :_/: : : : : : :_/: : : : :_/: _/ : :_/ : : :_/ : : : : _/
                :_/ _/ _/ : : : :_/ _/ _/ : _/ :_/: : : : : : : :_/ _/ _/ : _/ : : : : _/ : : _/ _/ _/ :

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre
                  By selling your account you are just becoming part of the problem if you are only playing with the hope of selling the account, why spend all the money on monthly fees to get that high?
                  I think he was just being sarcastic. I HOPE he was being sarcastic.

Comment

If he was he certainly didn't put it that way

Comment

If someone will buy an account, they will buy gil. I think that's a fairly safe statement. More so because if you sell an account the purchaser probably has little to no knowledge of how to get gil at that level. You just end up feeding IGE anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Feenicks
                        I agree.
                        i second that with Feba coming from there!

Comment

Actually, I was here before I was at alla.

Anyway, I don't see why'd you blame me, over the other 700+ people who followed.

Comment

they need a scape goat, your rather popular... 2+2=flame feba?

above image has not been photoshopped
                            yes I have no life, yes those are my jobs
                            reason blu/cor/pup aren't lvled is... well... I have a girlfriend now

Comment

To tell the truth, noone is employed by IGE all the gill sellers are with their own company or work solo, and just sell to IGE. Also that messeage is for all the people selling to them, IGE likes to make money, if the botters and hackers make people stop playing, then that means less money for IGE. I dont like gil buyers or sellers, but I understand what IGE ment by that message.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Working...
                              X