Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In future updates, what would you like to see happen to items?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In future updates, what would you like to see happen to items?

Just a questions, like what new items would you like to see, hanges to existing items... I would like to see a BLU actually wearing a Blue Cape(they can't >.>) and mabye a few new items for mags reguarding capes and neck slots... even if they are rediciously expencive. For instance, I wouldn't mind seeing a Wamoura Cape or something, that gave Conserve MP +2. Or a Karakul Scarf that adds Magic Attack and Defence bonus +1.
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Re: In future updates, what would you like to see happen to items?

i'd like to see all nm's become forced spawn and the mobs that drop trigger items be plentiful
    Teh Jobs - 75- nin (I spend more time at 74 =P ) / 50-pld / 55-thf (currently leveling)/ 48-rdm / 43-war / 43-rng / 35-brd / 37-blm /34-whm / 20-sam / 16-mnk
    Teh crafts 81 Alchemy / 59 Woodcraft / 51 Cooking

Comment

So everyone can be exactly like everyone else, and there is no sense of acomplishment for actually achieving those great wonderous items that few people have? {All right!} I want the experience cheapened, too!

Ok, cincism aside, I actually like the fact that luxery items are rare and hard to get. It makes it more enjoyable when I finally earn it. If everyone could easily get those items, then whats the point of being the best; everyone is just a clone of eachother. If that sense of rarity could be maintained, then I'm all for force-pop.

Items I'd like to see: "Enhances Clear Mind." Nuf said.

Comment

No, so you can take out the competition in the game, the thing that makes us hate each other and accuse one another (be it true or not) of cheating/hacking etc.

I never said make the nm's banal, but take the tedium out of it, you aren't a more special butterfly because you can devote eight hours a day for three weeks of your life camping something.

And loosing a claim after 2hrs to someone else rarely if ever sparks in me the desire to add a person to my friends list.
        Teh Jobs - 75- nin (I spend more time at 74 =P ) / 50-pld / 55-thf (currently leveling)/ 48-rdm / 43-war / 43-rng / 35-brd / 37-blm /34-whm / 20-sam / 16-mnk

Comment

Originally posted by sevenpointflaw
          So everyone can be exactly like everyone else, and there is no sense of acomplishment for actually achieving those great wonderous items that few people have? {All right!} I want the experience cheapened, too!

Ok, cincism aside, I actually like the fact that luxery items are rare and hard to get. It makes it more enjoyable when I finally earn it. If everyone could easily get those items, then whats the point of being the best; everyone is just a clone of eachother. If that sense of rarity could be maintained, then I'm all for force-pop.

Items I'd like to see: "Enhances Clear Mind." Nuf said.
          I don't mind things being hard to get as long as they are considered "luxury items" by people. Problem is, there are too many asshat players that think a lot of these luxury items are "required" to party sometimes or else you're gimp. It's more of the communities fault that people feel forced to get things like Scorpion Harness than the design of the game.
          72+2 Bonecrafting (Bone Purification, Filing, Protective Spectacles, Boneworker's Apron)
          60+1 Leathercraft (Leather Ensorcellment, Tanning, Tanner's Gloves)
          53 Clothcraft
          60 Woodworking (Lumberjack, Wood Ensorcellment)
          60 Cooking (92+1 Mule)
          58 Alchemy
          40 Fishing (Frog Fishing, 3,704/10,000 MC for Lu Shang)
          15 Smithing
          5 Goldsmithing

Comment

I would like some more high level shields that have good stats and look cool.
            I want one that looks like the Ark Angel Paladin's shield and has stats
            comparable to Koenig Shield.

Comment

Hell no, All mobs trigger pop = No thanks. However, I think SE should make the droprate of Peacock Amulet and Moldavite Earring 100%
              Originally posted by Ellipses
              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
              Originally posted by MCLV
              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
              More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison
                I don't mind things being hard to get as long as they are considered "luxury items" by people. Problem is, there are too many asshat players that think a lot of these luxury items are "required" to party sometimes or else you're gimp. It's more of the communities fault that people feel forced to get things like Scorpion Harness than the design of the game.
                it's not that players need the high end stuff, it's just that melee jobs are not in demand.

so to compete with the extra melee jobs you have to differentiate by twinking.

do a search in your level group for each of the roles and you'll see what i mean

leveling ninja i was competing against maybe 1-2 people tops although rarely was there more than me. leveling thief i was competing against 4-8 people at least. leveling bard i was competing against no one.

So the problem isn't that people expect you to have SH+1 and snipers+1, it's that the guy you are competing against has all the toys and you don't even have nq versions of them, who would you choose if you were in my place putting together a pt?

Comment

Well, technically, it could be considered a game flaw that everyone thinks they need the scorpion harness. Think on it, if the scorpion harness gave only 1/2 the current stats, would so many people want it? What if there was a rare/ex item the same level that gave the same stats? So, yeah, I do partially blame the game on that.

Enhance Clear Mind - Yes, please.

I would love to see them go back and "upgrade" the older zones with some of the ideas from the new expansion pack.

- Sleeping mobs
                  - TP moves spawn additional mobs
                  - Hidden/hard to see mobs

Also, upgrade the graphics in the old zones. Like the toothpaste spill called sea water in Selbina.
                  The last remaining evil white mage on Ramuh.
                  Killing tanks since 2004

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
                  "I can picture in my mind a world without war,
                  a world without hate.
                  And I can picture us attacking that world,
                  because they'd never expect it."

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder
                    Hell no, All mobs trigger pop = No thanks.
                    I agree with this. I like that fact that some items seem unattainable... (maybe
                    just make the land kings force pop long enough for me to get a full set of Koenig).

Comment

I want to see Reverend Kote and Hakama put in.

Comment

I'd like to see the monk-specific belts move to a series of trials for the monk, akin to the Trial Size avatar battles and the Maat fight, that way it rests on your personal merit as a monk, and you could actually quest them at the level you can wear them. I've been thinking like a solo multi-quest instance with a boss at the end would be nice, and would give SquareEnix a testing ground for that sort of thing.

This is a pet peeve of a good number of monks... also seing the O.Kote and Jujitsu Gi going to Rare or Rare/Ex versions, and dropping the normal versions from a BCNM might be nice too.

I've only really got a monks perspective on things.
                        66MNK | 37WAR | 22SAM | 20THF | 20BST | 18 NIN | 17BLM | 10WHM
                        Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
                        01 / 10 on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent (Monster Signa: O)
                        01 / 08 on Mee Deggi the Punisher (Ochiumsha Kote:
                        O)
                        01 / 04 on Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan: O)

Comment

I would rather have all mobs popable with items. I think it's more fair than to have to wait 21+ hours for Shikigami Weapon. Obviously you people have not camped for YY robe to know how difficult it is to obtain a JSE for SMN that is the only piece of viable equipment for SMN to wear post 70+. Obviously you need skill to kill a monster.

I disagree with the post that everyone would be the same. People act different, behind each character is a different person playing, obviously their skills would be different and not the same. Their subs can be different. Their play styles different. Not everyone is 100% like the other person even with the same equipment. Can you honestly say that you've seen more than 1 Red Mage solo Genbu? What about Charby? Even if you had the same equipment as Avesta could you do that? I doubt it.

So in retrospect, Yes all NM & HNM should be pop able, this allows people that have jobs to compete as well with other people that well, camping something for 8 hours with a bot isn't much skill is it?
                          Hacked on 9/9/09
                          FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I wouldn't say I'd like to see all mobs be forced spawn, but there are some items that are more of a pain in the behind then others to get. I know 75 MNKs still working on the brown belt because of the NM in Ordelles Cave. A friend just got his a month or so back after over a year of camping just the Ordelles NM. As for the YY robe, they should at least introduce a slightly lower stat version. With BRD they introduced a body peice in ToAU that, while not as good, is an alternative for the Sha'ir Manteel. Why not do that for SMN too?
                            75 Bard and holding..
                            San d'Oria Rank 7
                            Sky: O / Sea: X
                            http://www.banishedchronicles.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

Comment

Set bonuses added to all JSE, Relic(working with Relic HQ), Conquest Points armor, and several sets of armor like Baron and Raptor lizard armor. Move the main item for weskit's feet to a BCNM/ENM.

Make the curent Set bonuses not suck... they should be amazingly good. Refresh should be 3/tick, not 1/tick. Make all new set bonuses kickass. If a MNK loses +20 attack and such from not wearing O kotes, make an armor set that gives +25 attack set bonus.

Add two types of set bonuses. A weaker one for wearing 2/5 or 3/5 and the full one for wearing 5/5.

Make enspells on weapons proc more.

Make Relic HQ not suck.

Add 30-60~ stats to Artifact Armor.

Double Post Edited:
                              "Increase Critical Attacks" actually working.

Relic weapons having TP Regen.

Assault / Besieged latents armor working as one, in both situations.

More damage on Bahamut Scythe.

The new latent avatar weapons also working on weather and day.
                              Last edited by Blood Red Poet; 05-23-2006, 08:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X