36 War/15 Mnk/22 Thf/62 Pld/Bst 75/Nin 33/Whm 36/Blm 19/Cor 7
    Full Af X2 • Rank 8 • Alchemy 65

Comment

Re: What's your favorite BCNM?

In order of preference:

a) Shooting Fish
      b) Shooting Fish
      c) Shooting Fish

For just 20 seals, you can solo this one and make yourself a small fortune depending on the mannequin prices at the time. You get a guaranteed Mannequin Head drop (went for 500-600k on my server, last check) and the possibility of a Thunder Spirit Pact (Common) and a Mannequin Body (Rare).

You'll get some other drops, but they're really not worth mentioning. Platoon weapons and the rest should cover your Yagudo drinks and such.

Really good money considering you don't have to split any of it and you can run it on your own schedule as you don't have to organize a group.

I did bring along a SMN friend as back up just in case, but he would never accept a reward. It's a nice option just in case things go sour.

The only thing that makes this one questionable is the fact that you can't AH the Mannequin pieces, so you're stuck bazaaring them. I always managed to sell them within 12 hours, but it's still a factor to be considered.

Comment

which job did you solo that bc with?
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Summoner.

Basic strategy: Run in, pull out Ramuh, assault, Judgment Bolt, run away, Judgment Bolt, melee remaining fish to death.

If you take a second summoner or DD, just have them wait at the bottom of the hill to help you melee at the end.

I once soloed this for a SAM friend of mine who was trying to save up some gil, but didn't have SMN leveled. He paid for the orb, I did the work, and he made 1.5 mil or so.

Comment

Royal jelly is too easy, drg/whm x2 can take this easy, self heal and buff, each drg take one side. Total of 8 jellys, only annoying thing they do is bind. Royal jelly drop Erase, Utsu Ni, and archer ring, the drop rate is quite high too, at least to me.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Garuda Server

WAR 37 ---- PLD 58 ----- SAM 10 ----=========
            MNK 37 ---- DRK 25 ----- BRD 33 ---= Cooking 89
            THF 66 ----- RNG 42 ----- NIN 50 ---= Woodworking 60
            RDM 48 ---- BST 25 ----- COR 1 ----= Alchemy 60
            BLM 57 ----- DRG 58 ---- PUP 7 ------=========
            WHM 75 ---- SMN 37 ---- BLU 1

Comment

Can't beat Under Observation, it's the one BCNM where Red Mages are absolutely drooled over. Got a scroll of Utsusemi:Ni from it, too, so I'm not disillusioned with the drops. Yet.

I also like Royal Jelly just because it's so, so easy. One guy goes right, one goes left, and healer-type person in the middle tossing out cures until the queen spawns (if she does at all.)

BCNM 30 sucks. I've found that you just don't have enough skills at your disposal to do as well at a 30 than a 40. (This is especially true of Red Mage, who gets Convert at 40. You don't always need it, but it's so great to have it available just in case.)

I've never done a BCNM 50, I might have to try that someday though just so I can Aspir. And for Refresh, of course.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

It's almost impossible to lose Under Observation with 2x NIN and a BST. The NIN both solo the smaller hecteyes by spamming Ni spells (hence can face backward and not get paralyzed), while the BST kites the big one around with a tiger jug. By the time the BST gets back up to the arena, both of the small eyes should be dead, and you can then go to work together on the big one.

I've got two friends to do this BCNM with, so we always split the loot, whether or not someone has an orb or not. Our motto is "my seals are your seals." The fact I've gotten 2 Peacock Charms to drop on my orbs means they both owe me one, and also means I'll never consider doing another BCNM with my Beastmen Seals.

When it comes to my least favorite BCNM, I vote Operation Desert Swarm. Idiots constantly burn their Kindred Seals on this one in the hopes of getting a V.Claw, conveniently forgetting that the droprate is probably around 5% or so. Seriously, I've done this BCNM about 30 times (not all my orbs, of course) and only seen ONE drop. The other money drops seem to have about the same drop rate. SE had to have nerfed that one hard. There are much better BCNMs to burn your hard-earned Kindred Seals on...I did Double Dragonian on a whim for friends last weekend, and after we tallied all our drops we each walked away with about a 2 million split.
                Ringoko of Windurst (Midgardsormr)
                Main Jobs: 75BLM, 70BST, 65RNG
                Subjobs: 37RDM, 37WHM, 37NIN, 37WAR
                Other Jobs: 19MNK, 18BLU, 10PUP, 5THF
                Merits: 1 Thunder Potency, 2 Elemental Magic, 1 Critical Hit, 1 -Enmity
                Crafting: 58 Cloth, 55 Alchemy, 44 Cook, 24 Smith, 24 Gold, 21 Bone, 14 Wood
                Missions: Windy 7-1, Zilart 14, Promathia DONE, Aht Urghan 8
                Currently doing: Levelling BST and trying to show EXP parties how good a DD I can be.
                In the future: BST to 75!

Comment

ODS is a total waste. I refuse to do it because I've never received more than 100K for my seals. People are just obsesed with it because, much like Under observation, there is a slim chance at big money and it can be burned in less than 5 minutes but a group of blms.

Comment

I have only done the Ranger one, and it is kinda nice. But, I am truly waiting for Under Observation to get under way, if we can ever find a Ninja who can play the same time as us. The KS30 one is not that bad with all the BLM's and the 3 Scorpions.

[75NIN] | [75RNG] | [64NPC]
                    [W10] | [ZM Complete] | [PM Complete] | [TA25]
                    San d' Oria 0 | Bastok 0
                    Current: Apocolypse Nigh

Comment

I have done royal jelly about 25 time and am planning on doing it twice tonight. We usually go drg/war x 2 and rdm. Never have come close to running out of time or losing. Broke the record 20 times most of the time breaking our own records. Erase and Ni drops alot. The best set of runs was where we had Ni and Erase drop on firt orb. Archers and Ni on second. Then 3rd was Archers and Erase. This was around Christmas so the prices were at least twice as much.
                      Thanks Kazuki.
                      Dragoon Equipment

Comment

I like worm's turn mostly becuase its easy^^. my prefered setup is whm blm blm rng rng rng, what we do is blm sleepga both sides, rng focus on flayer first then they kill off one at a time going clockwise, blm spam -ga when theres about 5 worms left. even with multiple deaths (which is becase of draw-in > bind when worms are awake) we has easy victorys/recoverys, never lost so far, out of 9 runs we have gotten 3 erase, and nemisis earings are almost a 100% drop otherwise(500k).

Also last night we did my orb on earthsday, we dint relise it till we got into the BC, that caused 2 deaths but we still won (close call though, rng EES and i had to manafont)

Comment

Has anybody tried "Die by the Sword"?

3 Gladitorial Weapons, Gravy-able, Bindable. They don't have any ranged attacks or magic, so easy to kite. 3 man BC, 15 minute time, cap 30, Qu'Bia Arena in Fei'Yin.

There are three weapons, Club, Sword, and Polearm. Magic does no good at all, and only sword attacks can hurt a Weapon when it's in sword-form. Same goes for Club and Polearm. They change forms as well.

After some careful consideration, my team decided Blu wouldn't be great to have in the BC, but my friend has one, so it's inevitable.

War/Nin (Pole, Club and Sword)
                          Blu/Whm (Club and Sword)
                          Rdm/Blm (Me) (Club and Sword)

My plan is to kite the one that starts as polearm, while each of the other guys gets hate on one. They come together, and team on the Sword Weapon.

If the sword changes to Club, they continue, if it changes to Pole, the War continues while the Blu goes back to his own. After the first is dead. Depending on how I'm doing, they take the other monster, while I keep kiting.

Then after that, we take mine. The whole thing shouldn't require the use of two-hours, which is nice, because it's way out in Fei'Yin, and I don't want to have to run back and forth every hour, or stay there for that long.

Anyways, I'd like to check if this sounded like an okay strategy. I shouldn't have any problems as it's an easy kite, so I hear, with Gravy, Bind, and an absense of ranged attacks on its part.

Also, drops are as follows:

Genin Earring
                          Gun Belt (And all other belts)
                          Erase
                          Ni
                          Dispel and Finale

And much more.

Good food is Jack-o-Lanterns, Normal setup usually always has a Rdm, and Wars or Plds to fill the last spot.

Comment

For Die by the Sword you REALLY need to have people that can equip all 3 weapon types. All 3 weapons need to be kept busy throughout the fight or there will be death. All 3 weapons will change their weapon type frequently, so don't bank on it staying at a preferred one for long periods. There are a lot of jobs that can do all 3 weapon types well. NIN, MNK, THF, WAR, DRG, PLD, RDM, etc etc.

Have done it multiple times with rdm and 2x melee with no issues. Each melee takes a weapon and rdm kites his till the melees finish off their own. Done this way it is almost guaranteed win. I would give your plan a 40% success rate.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I like any of the 6 man BCNM60's, or Celery.

As for KS... Can't say, only ever done ODS as a BLM burning it, and never seen a decent drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Elrik666
                                For Die by the Sword you REALLY need to have people that can equip all 3 weapon types. All 3 weapons need to be kept busy throughout the fight or there will be death. All 3 weapons will change their weapon type frequently, so don't bank on it staying at a preferred one for long periods. There are a lot of jobs that can do all 3 weapon types well. NIN, MNK, THF, WAR, DRG, PLD, RDM, etc etc.

Have done it multiple times with rdm and 2x melee with no issues. Each melee takes a weapon and rdm kites his till the melees finish off their own. Done this way it is almost guaranteed win. I would give your plan a 40% success rate.

Hope this helps.
                                Thanks! It does.

One thing though, from what I know, Thf, Nin, Mnk and Rdm can't equip polearms, and monk can't equip swords.

Is there anything I should know about that?

Also, what's with their high defense? My friends seemed to do 15/hit each time when we tried a trial run. They hit hard, so Utsusemi is key from what I see.

Comment

Working...
                                X