This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite BCNM?

Both in terms of fun and profitability. I have nearly three stacks of beastmen seals collecting dust in storage, and I'm not sure what I want to do with them. Play the Under Observation lottery? Good old standbys of Royal Jelly and Worm's Turn? Solo coin flip Treasures and Tribulations? What's your opinion?
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Re: What's your favorite BCNM?

Maybe it's because it's where I got erase, but I absolutely love doing Royal Jelly. These days I do it as a BST, with a RNG and RDM friend. It's such an easy win, and the drop rate for scrolls is pretty good.

The BCNM40 in Qu'bia Arena with the skeletons is a blast too, though. :D

Comment

Is that Undying Promise? I've done that a few times and the drops were unimpressive.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Personally I play the Peacock Lotto whenever I get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
          Is that Undying Promise? I've done that a few times and the drops were unimpressive.
          That's the name, thanks. I've done it a four times, with the best drop being a scroll (Utsusemi, I think?). That's not a enough to comment on the drop rate, though. It's just a lot of fun, especially for a WHM... It's a real test of your MP conservation skills.

Comment

I love worms turn. It's not too hard to find a couple friends with blm to 40. slap on a little armour and let the ga-fest begin.

When it comes to BCNMs, i prefer to do it with friends only. Sell and split is so much better, then no one gets screwed.

Comment

As awesome as the payout on Treasures and Tribulations can be, I just get really antsy over the idea of "wasting" 50 seals. So instead, I just don't do any BCNMs. ><

I did a few runs of Steamed Sprouts back in the day, but I haven't done any since my return. I've already got 200 seals on this character, and I don't anticipate I'll be spending them anytime soon. However, my LS is actually pretty cool about that sort of thing, so I might just get to 40 in a couple of jobs and give them a go.

Comment

Wild Wild Whiskers and Royal Jelly are ones I like.

RDM 75/WHM 38/BLM 37/DRK 37/NIN 37/PLD 37 -- Cooking 96.7+1
                Image by Askannyi
                LoneGamer.net

Comment

Ive been curious about the royal jelly one. Avhmia how did you fight as bst in that? I have some friends with similar jobs and I could really use erase.

36 War/15 Mnk/22 Thf/62 Pld/Bst 75/Nin 33/Whm 36/Blm 19/Cor 7
                  Full Af X2 • Rank 8 • Alchemy 65

Comment

Originally posted by Thoronas
                    Avhmia how did you fight as bst in that? I have some friends with similar jobs and I could really use erase.
                    I use a melee dd build and sub NIN. :D I don't use any fancy equipment-- STR & ACC rings, spike necklace, AF + desaintre's axe. Our strat is simple.

Enter the BC, buff up, eat food, and call Carrie. The RDM uses bind and qravity to slow the jellies. The RNG throws a shadow bind on one of them as well. Then, the RNG and I start going to town from the left to the right. I keep Carrie on whichever Jelly the RNG and I are engaged with (she's just there for the added DD), using Sic whenever the timer's up. I usually need to give her a Zeta half way through, but I've never had to call a second one. Use blink to control damage from the spells. I usually drink an au lait to help out as well, since the jellies like to cast lots of DOT. The jellies themselves are pretty weak, and both you and Carrie will do good damage. We cut it close the first couple of times, but with practice, my friends and I always clear them with plenty of time to spare.

Comment

My linkshell loves this one. We split all the drops across all the members who attenend. We got the cock charm last time we went, split across around 10 members.

It is seriously an easy BCNM. We did it with NIN/BLM, BST/WHM, and XXX/NIN. In my case the XXX was me as a MNK/NIN. I even did it with underleveled NIN sub. (MNK40/NIN18). All I had to do was kite one of the lesser Eye-things while the NIN kills the other lesser one and the BST kites the large one with jug pets.

Then we team up on the large one. All of us had half mp when it was over and it took less than 10 minutes.

The drop rate on Undying Promises is really really low. It is also very easy for a NIN, MNK, and RDM. You shouldn't even need convert for that one. Bring one yag drink and bada-boom. All you really have to do is stick Silence and Blind at the right times and the whole thing is stupid cake.

Did it four times in a row one day with no lossess and no Hundred Fists. Me and my buddies went 11/12 on it before realizing that the drops suck nuts.
                      66MNK | 37WAR | 22SAM | 20THF | 20BST | 18 NIN | 17BLM | 10WHM
                      Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
                      01 / 10 on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent (Monster Signa: O)
                      01 / 08 on Mee Deggi the Punisher (Ochiumsha Kote:
                      O)
                      01 / 04 on Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan: O)

Comment

Undying Promise has been lackluster for the few runs I've done as well. Used to do Celery for some nice splits, kind of went downhill on profitability after the RNG "nerf".

The #1 BC that has made me the most gil? Shooting Fish. It can be solo'd as a SMN, can be tricky solo, but a SMN duo would really have to screw up to lose. 100% Mannequin head drop, bad thing is it can be pretty popular and sometimes they're slow to bazaar sale. I'd check your local bazaar market to see which/if any mannequin parts are selling well. Head/Body/Hands are 100% drop from 3 different lvl 20 BCs.

For fun, the most recent BC I've tried is Waughroon Kid. Three minutes to kill a MNK goobbue that uses counterstance. It's usually pretty close in time to win it, and there can be some nice drops as well. That said, some of the drops are more geared towards "luxury" items, and don't always sell well. ;_;

Comment

I think the best thing about the P-charm one is that it's only 3 people. I'm in a very small LS (>12) and most of the folks on my F-list are in HNMLS/Dyna shells, which maked putting 6 people of specific jobs together a real bitch. Finding 3 people for a 40cap is easy since most people stop leveling a job at 40 rather than 37 unless they really hate the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Matera
                            haha that is true. its more of a lottery than a battle. im sure whenever people get the charm they act like they won the lottery... haha sorta. 20mil on remora.

personally i had the most fun with celery, as well as the best luck.
                            out of the 9 runs we've done. 5 evasive earrings, 3 trailer kukris, 1 walkure mask.
                            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

BCNM 60 Celery when I want some easy money (BST x3).

For fun and excitement, the Peacock Charm Lotto. I've done it many times now with a NIN friend of mine, and the third person is usually just another friend from LS. Me and him are 0/god only knows on our orbs, but sure enough a LS bud get's it on his first orb. ; ; BTW, we always do it for keeping the charm, not to sell which is why we didn't get a cut of our friends charm. Although if he ever sells it I may have to hunt him down.
                              72+2 Bonecrafting (Bone Purification, Filing, Protective Spectacles, Boneworker's Apron)
                              60+1 Leathercraft (Leather Ensorcellment, Tanning, Tanner's Gloves)
                              53 Clothcraft
                              60 Woodworking (Lumberjack, Wood Ensorcellment)
                              60 Cooking (92+1 Mule)
                              58 Alchemy
                              40 Fishing (Frog Fishing, 3,704/10,000 MC for Lu Shang)
                              15 Smithing
                              5 Goldsmithing

Comment

Working...
                              X