This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Partying near a Beastmaster

its the old phase. damned if you do, damned if you dont. when im anon players camp ontop of me, when im not anon, players still try to camp ontop of me. even in areas that support more then 2 bst, they seem to jump on my side. so i go on the other side of the map to the exact same camp, an low an behold they show up at that camp.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

I handle BSTs the same way I handle other parties, whoever got to camp first gets to xp there, if the camp can support more than one party then is all good, but if it can't then newcomers have to look for another camp. And I apply the same to people leveling NPC.

No one's xp is more important than other's (even NPC's), the sooner players understand that the less issues we'll have.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Cade
        Commonly, its better(an more fun) for BST to be xping in areas that aren't frequented by parties. Otherwise the party will get slow xp, an the BST risks death from a lack of available backup pets.
        I somewhat agree with this. However, I don't believe a BST should be told to go somewhere else, but personally I prefer exping in areas away from normy exp parties. Throughout my 70 levels, there is only one time I actually felt the "need" to exp in normy areas because the alternatives weren't even comparable to the exp I was getting. Crawlers' Nest in the race track room in my lower 50's. Other than that, any area I exp'd in that had normal exp parties in it, never involved the same mobs and in fact I was benefiting the surrounding party/parties by me being there. Example is doing bats vs skeletons in Qufim Island. I never bothered with famous BST vs Normy clash areas like Garliage Citadel or Valkrum Dunes.
        72+2 Bonecrafting (Bone Purification, Filing, Protective Spectacles, Boneworker's Apron)
        60+1 Leathercraft (Leather Ensorcellment, Tanning, Tanner's Gloves)
        53 Clothcraft
        60 Woodworking (Lumberjack, Wood Ensorcellment)
        60 Cooking (92+1 Mule)
        58 Alchemy
        40 Fishing (Frog Fishing, 3,704/10,000 MC for Lu Shang)
        15 Smithing
        5 Goldsmithing

Comment

My blacklist is filling up with people while leveling up in the Boyada Tree. Most newer parties misconceive how BST works. Sad but true, you get "the finger" if you level off anything normies do.

Anyways, happy leveling.

Comment

it gets even worse now with npc levelers. they show up just about everywhere ive been. common and remote areas.

imo, just do what you would normally do as a pt. if you get there first, dont take any of the threats/flames/whines to heart and go on your way as usual. if they want to compete with a bst for mobs, let them. they soon find out that you'll make it more difficult for them than they do for you.

however, if you get there after a pt gets there, be kind enough to go on your merry way and find another camp as another pt would.
            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Working...
            X