X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: There is hope!!! A GM that helps!!

Originally posted by Atma
    This is, IMHO, an abuse of GM authority. If the cloak was given freely and the person stole it, it is the fault of the idiot who gave it up. Such behavior is abhorrent, but honestly... if you're dumb enough to borrow out a 9-12m gil item to someone you don't implicitly trust... then you deserve to have it stolen.
    Considering that they changed the Policies to basically allow GMs to do this the GMs were in the right to do that action. It was a growing issue were the person was usually befriending you then destroyed it once they got what they wanted. GMs are basically police and if you go to a police and say so and so won't return an item that you lent them the police can get the authority he needs to take the item back and return it to it's owner.

Sure the GMs checked trade logs, chat logs, etc.. to confirm the person stole it.

Double Post Edited:
    Originally posted by Jei
    There was a new policy lately by SE that fraud is against their ToS now.
    I'm not too sure about the exact word, but it's in one of their updates.
    Ahh! before it was only TaskMage beating me now you too Jei?
    Last edited by Macht; 05-05-2006, 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Wow, I thought Gludd got fired/quit.

I've heard nothing but kickass stuff about him though.

EDIT: If anyone could provide a date, link, or quote to exactly what was changed in the ToS, I'd greatly appreciate it Lot of update notes to sift through...

Comment

I think Gludd was the one jailing two linkshells on Midgard for using the wall on AV. That's the last I've heard of him. D:
        Generic Info!

Comment

I have seen Gludd several times. Him an Alanone are great GMs

Comment

His name was Gludd
            Oh my god.

Comment

What is wrong BRP?

Comment

I have always liked GM's because whenever I called them, I got help... Never any problems.

My brother, a few months back, sold his Scorpian harness. Well, he wanted to get another, so he for the items to make it. He traded it to a crafter who said he would make it for free, as long as he is loud to sign it.
                Well, the crafter dissconnected after he traded him the stuff (V claw also) so he stole all the items to make it. About a day later, the guy who stole them had sold a V Claw at the AH. My brother called a GM, and since the crafter didnt have it anymore, they couldnt get it back...
                The GM made a scorpian harness for my brother and gave it to him, but the theif got away with stealing it

My brother is always proud to tell people he has a scorpian harness made by a GM =P

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhound
                  What is wrong BRP?
                  GM Gludd = God

Comment

Wow, nice to hear these stories. I'm seriously surprised a GM would essentially MPK a group of people and hand an NM over to another group like that. It's a good surprised, but wow. Usually even when there's proof of hacking that's not the way they operate.

P.S. Gludd = Dave?
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

-that is EXACTLY why i am posting this.... I still cant belive that happened, and the fact that we got the crimson body.... The gillsellers were holding that thing for 1 hour... i still think he was very cool and after that.. i havent seen thsoe CGF online

Comment

I'll believe it when I see screenshots, otherwise no.

Comment

You are true to belive what you want to belive, I have no reason to lie.... the only screenshots i have are from teh fight... not from the gm convo since it was not me. I ahve complained alot from GM's and this was fantastic, that is why i am sharing my experience. The only other time i had a good gm... was like 1 year ago.. at den of rancor, where a gm scared some CGF that were trying to steal our hakutaku... i do have a pic of that and here goes...

Last edited by Darkhound; 05-05-2006, 04:20 PM.

Comment

So a GM shows up in front of you visible, kills all the gil sellers, and you took screenshots of the fight and not that? lol

Comment

No, he used teh turtle to kill them.... he did not kill it himself I never said the GM killed himself. Once again. my ls leader said "get ready guys" then teh CGF started dropping.... and we got the turtle

Got a ls member to send me soem pics...

Last edited by Darkhound; 05-05-2006, 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Let's not start another thread about whether or not the OP is a liar. It's been done to death. You either believe him or you don't, and I don't think anyone is going to change anyone else's minds on the subject.
                                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                                X