This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bibiki Seashell meet bugbear's face

OK, yesterday, I just threw by accident my bibiki seashell and I wanted to know if there is a way to get it back, I talked to all 3 NPC involved in the quest, but nothing.

If not, oh well, serves me right to click too fast...

Also, share your pain here if you threw yours.
    <<outdated
    As long as Guu is having fun, everything is ok.
    AF2:3/5 Bonecraft 96.3+2/100.0+3
    Windy rank : 8-2 CoP : Promyvion-Mea(0/10)
    TOAU mission 10

Re: Bibiki Seashell meet bugbear's face

Ouch. >.<

I don't think there's a way to get it back, although there just might be.

When you think about it, everything in this game is redoable or regainable somehow.

Personally I haven't done the quest, but is there an NM or ??? you need to touch? If so, try that.

Good luck.

Btw, did it do any damage?

Comment

Originally posted by Matera
      Ouch. >.<

When you think about it, everything in this game is redoable or regainable somehow.

Personally I haven't done the quest, but is there an NM or ??? you need to touch? If so, try that.

Good luck.

A lot is redoable yes but not exactly everything is. Generally if they are really new items it's even less likely it'll be redoable for the time being, later update it might become. I know there are still a few quests that give Rare/Ex items and are not redoable, so if you toss it you lost it.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Good point, like the Cunning Earring quest (Although that is not R/E).

Comment

I once threw out my Happy Egg, though for the life of me, I don't ever remember doing so. What I mean is; I never saw the "throw" animation or any message that said I threw it. It just wasn't in my inventory anymore (after, no doubt, a long string of battles).

The delay on the seashell is even longer than the egg's, isn't it? Did you not see your character get into the throw stance either? I wonder why they don't make an "Accessory" slot for some items rather than labeling them as "Ammo" which could be unceremonially chucked into pointless oblivion.

-t
          Quality over Quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by Matera
            Ouch. >.<

Good luck.

I know for a fact that the AAx5 earrings are not redoable. I know this because an LS mate of mine accidentaly ended up with beastly earring. >.<
            Sky:O Sea:O Koga: 3/5 Melee: 1/5
            http://manapool-ls.com - Bahamut Endgame LS

Comment

Okay, okay.

I wasn't thinking too much there.

But yeah, the CoP rings, AA Earrings, all the quest stuff isn't redoable, so I'll just uhh... retract my original statement and say that you likely can't get it back.

Comment

I feel your pain ><! Last night in ballista i tossed my Sweet Satchet at some guy... and it missed! )'; ninja throwing skill FAILS

Comment

Originally posted by neotamashii
                  I wonder why they don't make an "Accessory" slot for some items rather than labeling them as "Ammo" which could be unceremonially chucked into pointless oblivion.
                  That, or they could have you put it in the "Ranged" slot instead of the "Ammo" slot, so you could still equip it but it wouldn't get thrown away.
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by neotamashii
                    I once threw out my Happy Egg, though for the life of me, I don't ever remember doing so. What I mean is; I never saw the "throw" animation or any message that said I threw it. It just wasn't in my inventory anymore (after, no doubt, a long string of battles).
                    I lost a scorpian harness from my inventory at one point, and a friend of mine lost his shield in the middle of a fight. Crap does disappear in FFXI, but there's no way to prove that it's gone, that you once had it, or that there's a glitch doing it. No evidence, no crime...

Comment

Call a GM and tell them you posted on message boards but were unable to find a way to redo the quest and ask that the GM just reset the quest for you. If you are very polite they might do it. Or if you like lying tell them there was a glitch and the quest isn't working for you and they will reset it. Pretend you did all the cutscenes in all the guides up to a certain point.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                        That, or they could have you put it in the "Ranged" slot instead of the "Ammo" slot, so you could still equip it but it wouldn't get thrown away.
                        Nope, then it'd be like a boomerang.

Comment

Working...
                        X