This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walahra Turban secret unlocked!

Okay...I admit I'm not a huge haste fanatic (my only haste gear is brown belt)...but tazirai's completley lost me. From everything I've heard, haste does not effect actual casting times, just recast times... If it effected casting times, WHM's with blessed gear would cast faster and bards with their fancy blue JSE would too.

For recast times...it doesn't matter for SMN. If anything is consistantly killing our avatars within 15 seconds after we summon them - we're not in good shape.

Edit: Oh, it's 30 second recast timer on avatars. I've been level 70+ on SMN in endgame for over a year and a half, and recast was so unimportant that I had to actually test it out to figure it out...
    Last edited by Tirrock; 05-01-2006, 11:22 AM.
    Generic Info!

Comment

Perhaps referring to the blood pact timer?
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Blood pact timer shouldn't be effected by haste, no other job abilites are. I can't actually disprove that though...I have no haste gear that I can wear as SMN, and I'm not about to go out and buy what few I can wear just to end up going "oh hey, it doesn't do anything".
        Generic Info!

Comment

Huh. You're right. Just went in game, hasted myself, and used Convert and Elemental Seal. Ten minutes even. I thought it did since people have asked me for Haste for that reason before.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I've tested BP timers with SMN friends before and Haste effects (be it from spells, songs, or gear) never affect the timer. The only way to alter the timer is stuff like Austere/Penance gear, which directly modifies the timer.

The only jobs that can really make huge use of this hat are mage/support jobs like BRD, WHM, and RDM. It's just so-so for everyone else, unless you're soloing with /NIN in which case it's probably better than anything else you might wear since it improves Utsusemi recast timers (among other things).

Still a great piece of gear though, and really a must-have for WHMs at level 75.

Icemage

Comment

...Haste spell. Wow, I need more caffeine. I totally forgot I could sub SMN and haste myself and still use blood pacts. >_>;
              Generic Info!

Comment

lol maybe I should've been more specific, it is -one- of the elective greatest headpieces in game, for the -majority- of jobs, on –some- occasions sometimes. Even for mages.

Haste+% do not affect JA for a fact, I have no idea why people assumed this... cannot really say with BP but with the info from the great Icemage, Taskmage and others, I guess not? It does, however, affect any other sort of magic; so full haste setup can lower Utsusemi recast timer down to dust. Don't forget to keep in mind, the max haste+% you can benefit from equipment is capped at 20 %. Or was it 25 %? Anyway, combine this setup with dual March and a Haste from a RDM... that's 60%, if you set it as 20% max.

Every job has their role, and there are headpieces that enhance JA, do other fancy stuff; I know this. Everyone knows this too! It’s obvious, no? That’s why we would use macro swap like we do everyday we do stuff on FFXI. Yes, it would suck for WS compared to a godly Adaman/Armada Celeta or Shura Zunari Kabuto (+1), this is so obvious, but when it comes down to pure damage-over-time, especially long battles, STR/ACC+6 or ACC+6/ATK+8 will NOT come close to matching over Haste+5%.
                Let’s say you’re engaged to a monster for 30min, a WAR/NIN dual-wielding Ridill/Joyeuse. With Armada Celeta equipped, he/she’ll be doing about… what, a few more points of damage and have a steadier rate of accuracy that’ll add upto ~1-2k more points of damage overall? That compared to swinging about 30 times more on 2-3 proc weapons, and being able to use WS at -least- 4 more times? And don’t forget you’ll be switching Walahra for Celeta or any other headpiece with STR/DEX/ACC/ATK bonuses for those 4 WS’.

The only match Walahra Turban has is Ace’s Helm when it comes down to greatest DoT, and that’s limited to only DRK/DRG/SAM. It has great uses for recast timer too, a NIN in battle switching it out for Ninjutsu, a RDM (although they have their Warlock's Chapeau), WHM or BLM casting things like Flash or Stun, and so many other examples.
                Even for people that aren’t trying to get the biggest parser number, it’s fun for WS spammers (PLD/NIN Princely/Joyeuse hello!) and a good overall equipment available for all jobs. Consider that fact when you state the best piece of equipment X and Y, you’re averaging out choices from 18 jobs, and many acts (WS, JA, Casting, Kiting, and the list goes on and on.)
                Honestly, in the end, it DOES end up to being the best, if not one of the best headpieces available up to date.
                Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

Originally posted by tazirai
                  It'll be nice for SMN also can get those avatars out that much faster.
                  Uh ... no. You sub RDM if you want to cast your avatars faster.

Comment

Subbing RDM means no -na spells and Erase, along with the oh-so-convenient Telpo spells at 74-75! D;/
                    Tazirai probably meant with /WHM sub, it's an option to bring out avatars faster to your convenience...
                    Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

yep. i've saving up all bronze pieces i can get for this gear. with the new merits zones it won't take that long to get 20k imperial points.
                      Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                      Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

I think I still prefer attack/acc/str head piece for my war.
                        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Yashin
                          Uhm...No?

5% haste=...a few deley...5 haste will only speed up tp gain a little. It will not enhance your attacks, it will not enhance your WSs...

This helm is not CLOSE to being the best in the game...Unless you have more haste gear to stack with this, this aint that great...
                          erm 5% haste = 5% more damag.. technically if the whole party has these its 5% faster killing and so on anyway the math is simple really

if i hit 100 times in 300 seconds. with a 5% haste id hit 105 times in 300 seconds. if each hit is 1 damage difference in damage from no haste being 100 damage. and in 5% haste being 105 damage. is a 5% increase in damage

Comment

don't forget each hit you'll do less damage because the missing str/attack and accuracy. so over all you're not really doing more damage.
                            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

depends really if you just got an Ohat on overall you may not miss any damage at all depending on if you fight VT mobs.. also does that small amount of attack (+10) increase each hit by 5%?

Comment

Jei you're right, the damage bonuses from something like Adaman Celeta or Voyager Sallet, etc. -will- hurt and it'll be noticeable. It might even equalize the extra swings from haste+5%, or do more damage, depends on the weapon and job/stats. But then you get some additional WS because you gain more TP, which will extremely boost up your overall damage count. For Warriors, I think stat+ headpieces will suit better when wielding 2h weapons, but for Ridill/Joyeuse or dual Axe lovers haste+5% will benefit more.

PS: It's off track, but I've done searches and can't find the certain post; what's the amount of fast cast RDMs obtain from Warlock's Chapeau / Duelist's Tabard?
                                Last edited by kazuri; 05-01-2006, 05:59 PM. Reason: grammer
                                Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

Working...
                                X