This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walahra Turban secret unlocked!

Trade 1000 Imperial Bronze Pieces to the NPC Gajaad fpr Walahra Turban, the NO-ARGUMENT best headpiece probably ingame (well, except for mages lol)

Edit: Ok, so I'm a haste gear lunatic... maybe I shouldn't have stated best headpiece ever lol. Don't mistake it for the wrong meaning~

So... inflation start GO?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kazuri; 05-02-2006, 03:47 AM.
    Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Re: Walahra Turban secret unlocked!

u serious >

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Ferserious

IS DOUKUTSU MONOGATARI NOT AWESOME?

Comment

Apparently, yes! It's true, according to some info I've found... estimating that about 10-20 people should have gotten it now across all servers.

Since 1,000 bronze is 20 gold, that means 20,000 IS = Walahra Turban. There are those mad-chain high lv camp spots at ToAU zones... I except that this won't be so hard to obtain for merit-point lunatics or exp-cappers! I'm so glad they didn't make this drop off Absolute Virtue III or something... the only downside is that it looks pretty... ugh.
        Sony NW-E507 [wishlist]

Comment

OMG, it's a dream hat for PLD.

Comment

Do you really think 5% haste is better than

Acc+10 (O-hat)
            Acc+7 Atk+5 (Pahluwan Qalansuwa)
            STR+5 Acc+5 (Shura Zunari Kabuto)
            Acc+5 Atk+8 (Adaman Celata)
            Acc+4 Haste+3% (Homam Zuchetto)

It clearly isn't better than
            STR+4 Acc+7 Haste+4% (Ace's)

and that's not even counting AF2, AF+1 and JSEs.

It's one new option, certainly, but it doesn't seem all that compelling compared to other high level headgear, at least for DDs. It may not even beat Wyvern Helm's STR+5 alone.

And it's terrible for PLD, 0 defense. If you can't get Valor, Koenig or Homam, you're better off sticking with a plain old Adaman Barbuta. What the hell good is haste going to do you anyway?
            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

I belive he is after the +30 hp for pld.
              Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

nice hat
                It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

i wouldnt go as far as calling that the best headpiece in the game. maybe ok for pld and nin (if you go with an all haste build, otherwise it'll be pointless) but for other DD they dont really rely on their hp/hp, 5% haste can be better replaced with a headpiece that gives str/dex/atk/acc bonuses.
                  Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                  ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

The only headgear better for TP gain than this would be ace's helm- good luck getting that. If you think otherwise you aren't very bright on game mechanics. 5% haste = +5% damage. 10 acc, 5STR 5 ACC, wtfever won't provide that.
                    Sky:O Sea:O Koga: 3/5 Melee: 1/5
                    http://manapool-ls.com - Bahamut Endgame LS

Comment

I think it'd be pretty good for MNK, too. Either haste gear set-up MNK or MNK/NIN.
                      Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by capitalistnihilist
                        5% haste = +5% damage. .
                        which cavity did you pull that one out of?
                        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

It makes a certain amount of sense to me. If you're hitting 5% faster, you should be doing 5% more damage than you would - without your head gear on. It's realistic to be able to get enough accuracy/attack/STR from other pieces of gear to make up for the lack of most of the head gear that people wear at that level, especially if you're fighting T's - VT's.

Edit: I should note that I could be missing something here. I'm not huge on haste gear myself. But I don't really level ninja, and I'm planning on going +35 kick attack damage for my MNK (dune boots + AF2 legs), so no haste build for my MNK either.
                          Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by capitalistnihilist
                            The only headgear better for TP gain than this would be ace's helm- good luck getting that. If you think otherwise you aren't very bright on game mechanics. 5% haste = +5% damage. 10 acc, 5STR 5 ACC, wtfever won't provide that.
                            Uhm...No?

5% haste=...a few deley...5 haste will only speed up tp gain a little. It will not enhance your attacks, it will not enhance your WSs...

This helm is not CLOSE to being the best in the game...Unless you have more haste gear to stack with this, this aint that great...

Comment

It'll be nice for SMN also can get those avatars out that much faster.
                              It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                              それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                              Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                              A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Working...
                              X