This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New newbie areas?

Since we have three new jobs that will require leveling, I was wondering if there might be any new starting-level locations to solo in. It's a bit monotonous to go thru Gustaberg or Ronfaure again. It would be great if one of the new areas was designed for lvl 1-12 characters to gain exp in. I don't suppose such an area exists? If not, I'd like to hear some alternative places to level early besides the 3 main countries.

Re: New newbie areas?

I don't think there are any.
    if you're below 20, getting items for the boarding pass to the far east can be really hard. Not to mention travelling to mhaura for the ferry.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jorginus
      Since we have three new jobs that will require leveling, I was wondering if there might be any new starting-level locations to solo in. It's a bit monotonous to go thru Gustaberg or Ronfaure again. It would be great if one of the new areas was designed for lvl 1-12 characters to gain exp in. I don't suppose such an area exists? If not, I'd like to hear some alternative places to level early besides the 3 main countries.
      I don't think so. The areas around Aht Argaht seems to be for 70s ... in other words, this expansion seems to be catering towards endgamers ...

What I want to know is ... where's this "gearing towards soloing" thing I heard about last year. All I can say is, it's the same old thing packaged with a different art work and with three new jobs.

Comment

maybe PUP is a solo job..

SE did say in the 1up.com interview PUP was basicly Necromancer with a FFXI twist

and in my experiances Necro has always been a solo job in most ALL MMO games

Comment

I have found while leveling blue mage up I can easily solo evens and sometimes even toughs. Just yesterday after only about 1 and a half hours I went from 14 into my level to 2000 into my level just soloing as a 16blu I have found blue to be a huge damage dealing mage job and fairly easy to solo with whm subbed, plus things like metallic body aka stoneskin, pollen aka a higher cure 1, and cocoon which raises my defense by 40 points, to reall help in soloing a lot. The neat thing I am seeing about blue mage is, you can sub almost anything with it and it works. So just maybe Blue mage might be soloable on up.

Double Post Edited:
          As for the new areas they are right it is seemingly geared towards endgame though that disappoints me a lot.
          Last edited by Silverangel; 05-09-2006, 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

blu could very possibly be a soloable job. As silverangel stated earlier even and decent monsters didn't seem to be a challenge for my blu.

Comment

They meant the content of the expansion would be more geared towards solo play.

How many missions and quests have you done so far that require a party? For me its only one or two... Granted Assault is a different matter, but thats fun.

Comment

Working...
              X