This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ToA ingame map...

IIRC, when CoP was about to be released, the new areas , such as tavnazia, riverne etc, were added to the map days or weeks bore, correct me if I am wrong.

I was now wondering what will hapen with ToA.

Will we have a totally new map?
    Will there be a new mat at all?
    Will there be a new command on the map mentu to view a second page?
    It there a map released so far? If so please post a link

Any comments?

Re: New ToA ingame map...

I think they will add a second map, because the old region stuff takeover doesnt apply to it. And the fact that there isn't really room for it.

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Yeah, also think it would be a new map. Probably just access by /map and not /rmap. The Rmap is a Region Map which those controls don't apply to ToA or at least that's what I thought. So ToA would probably exist much like how the Promyvion's exist.

The Promyvion areas don't show up on the rmap at all.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

So, you are saying that there wont be a mat at all?

Leave out all the new cites regions etc?

The promyvions are emptyness that is why they dont show up... but it would be a same not to have a map for the new areas

Comment

I'm saying that the ToA areas don't apply to Conflict which is what Rmap controls. So there wouldn't be a point to add them to RMap if they don't apply to it. They'd just be plain normal maps you get from vendors or by quest.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Mmmm, i guess I did not explain myself well. I am wondering if there will be another BIG map displayed. Indepentandly of the conquest system etc. It would be a shame in my personal opinion to have a big new continent and not being able to see it .

Comment

Don't think they will, to likely of causing confusion for players. They might make some sort of off tag on the map to indicate there are more regions outside of what you see, but they probably won't show them so it doesn't confuse people of which areas Conflict applies too.

Now if you are in the new region for ToA they might graph out the other area in crude detail but make ToA's area the major focus. Kind of like the maps you see when you ride an airship, boats, and the manaclipper.

Comment

I think there will be a new big map so that the areas that are around can be seen by everyone instead of those that just have the maps bought and found in chests.

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Yeah, why not just add a new TAB in the map screen where you can see the new continent wiht its new features. I mean, knowing that there is a new continent, with new areas etc, would really be a shanme now to know its form etc.

Comment

yeah, tab map sounds good, just select between Aht urghan, or whatever the new continent is called and whatever the map right now is called :O
                    WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhound
                      Yeah, why not just add a new TAB in the map screen where you can see the new continent wiht its new features. I mean, knowing that there is a new continent, with new areas etc, would really be a shanme now to know its form etc.
                      Yeah, but I still doubt they'd make a new TAB that switches you to it. They'd likely just have it act like the maps from airships and boats. So you won't see it when you /rmap unless you are actually in the region. Don't know but something we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

They are adding a new region map as the new area has a brand new type of conquest all it's own. SE also said the current Region map is pretty much finished so there's not really room for 40+ new areas. But as said before it will most likely be that you can pull up the region map of the region you are in so I don't think there will be a tab. But then again the point of a region map is to show who controls what areas and anyone can see it no matter where they are, so a TAB is possible.

Either way, all questions will be answered in less then a week.
                        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

The Tau regions will be on a separate map, the current /rmap "region map" is for conquest tally and results. Tau areas will not be tabulated/included into conquest rankings so it will most likely be a completely separate map. Also, a tidy way for them to get you to a new region with a complete different region map would be for you to a ride a boat, and what a coincidence it is that we have to ride a ferry to get to new Tau areas.

Psst. besides, in the inteviews with S-E, they stated Tau wasn't part of conquest and wasn't necessary to use to same region map

Comment

I really hope they add in some type of map that displays all the areas (including ToAU areas). I'd like to see how the continents look and whatnot.
                            "From the void all things are born.
                            To the void all things return."

-philosophy of the Walahra

Comment

I am hoping for that too. Having a big new area with no maps to display will be just not right. Being on another continent that does not show up.... i hope not

Comment

Working...
                              X