Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

VW Bastok path clear. Nothing of note dropped for me, but then again, I didn't expect it to.
    99 DNC
    99 WHM
    99 WAR
    * 99 THF
    99 BLM * 99 RDM *
    99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Got the Abyssea - La Theine Plateau win, and thus my first Lunar Abyssite.

I was saddened to see that, even as a Tarutaru with Minikin Monstrosity (got it a couple weeks back when my LS did an "Atma run" of sorts), my Black Magic spells still got frequently resisted. I blame out-of-date equipment and level correction.

Oh. And speaking of levels, Ding RDM 77 last night, too. Got the ding right alongside the Briareus kill, too. XD Protect V and Stone IV are nice, and that's two fewer scrolls in my inventory.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggs View Post
        VW Bastok path clear. Nothing of note dropped for me, but then again, I didn't expect it to.
        Which VW clears do you have? Because I still need a lot of them. We should team up to shout for city clears to catch up the rest of the playerbase.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

That was my first time doing Voidwatch, so I need all of them except for Bastok path. We had a full alliance, but it looked to me that the city clears can be done easily with a lot less.
          99 DNC
          99 WHM
          99 WAR
          * 99 THF
          99 BLM * 99 RDM *
          99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

I've completed all of Bastok and 1/2 of the windy path... but that's it for me. We're pretty much on the same playing field. We should definitely team up for this.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
            99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
            99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Reactivated. My autistic son, who grew up trading pokes and waves with my taru from my lap, is ecstatic at seeing the POL launcher.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I'm seriously considering reactivating my account this week. If I do and transfer to Cerb I will let you guys know. I do actually need the Voidwatch wins and would be happy to offer my WHM or THF (hahahaha, okay I nearly said that with a straight face) to help out.

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                Got the Abyssea - La Theine Plateau win, and thus my first Lunar Abyssite.

I was saddened to see that, even as a Tarutaru with Minikin Monstrosity (got it a couple weeks back when my LS did an "Atma run" of sorts), my Black Magic spells still got frequently resisted. I blame out-of-date equipment and level correction.

Oh. And speaking of levels, Ding RDM 77 last night, too. Got the ding right alongside the Briareus kill, too. XD Protect V and Stone IV are nice, and that's two fewer scrolls in my inventory.
                Elemental Magic skill plays a big part too. Having elemental staves from the Magian Trials helps too. You should see the damage and healing that Cid can put out in his gear too, it is kind of insane and does show that Red Mages are far, far, far from underpowered. it is more that certain classes like Black Mage, Summoner, Scholar and Warrior are just so ridiculously overpowered that the elitists don't bother with other classes.
                Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                Reiko Takahashi
                - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Relatively speaking RDM still comes up short. My nuking damage only looked so impressive because all my nuking gear was like two steps away from Best-In-Slot. Any equally well outfitted Black Mage or Scholar would put me to shame, which started to become very apparent once Yyg started building an ice staff for his Black Mage, and he wasn't even fully geared at that point.
                  Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                  Name: Drjones
                  Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I just want to point out that I said "Black Magic," not "Elemental Magic". Even with capped Enfeebling (for level 76) it still took me a couple of tries to stick a dang Poison II. You can extrapolate how sad my nukes were, by comparison.
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

At 99 you will be able to enfeeble things without a problem. On WHM I can reliably Slow, Addle and Paralyze any NM that isn't immune to those status effects and my Enfeebling magic is nowhere near capped (And being Capped at C Enfeebling). I would imagine that a RDM would have no issue whatsoever.
                      Reiko Takahashi
                      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

It really depends on what you're fighting. Some stuff isn't immune, but you wouldn't think so given how consistently they'll resist enfeebles.
                        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                        Name: Drjones
                        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I always had a sneaking suspicion that enemies that have X% damage reduction against a certain element would also have X% chance to fully resist enfeebles of that element. Never got to test it out though.

Comment

It has always worked like that. It is why Bar-Element is much more useful than Bar-Status. BarElement gives you a chance to outright resist the effect while BarStatus doesn't really seem to do anything useful at all.

They did redo the entire way that Enfeebles operate so they are actually useful. If I remember correctly the whole Immunobreak (or whatever it's called) will eventually "break" resistances to enfeebles.
                            Reiko Takahashi
                            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

BarElement gives you a chance to outright resist the effect while BarStatus doesn't really seem to do anything useful at all.
                              BarElement is equivalent to taking away Magic Accuracy from the mob. BarStatus is what lets you outright resist, similar to the job traits.

Comment

IIRC, BarStatus made you more likely to do a partial resist while BarElement made you (relatively) more likely to do a complete resist. Maybe I'm talking nonsense here, though.

Also, cid: you know the best thing about the changes they made to Enfeebling a while back? It's not the Immunobreak thing (that I've seen happen all of twice ever, and on stuff that didn't matter that much), it's that you now get a message that tells you whether a mob is truly immune to something (it gives a "-> <mob> completely resists the spell" message). So, when I'm resisted, I know whether it's just me or a property of the mob which I can do diddly about. Through this, I have learned quickly that Gravity is just as worthless in Abyssea as everyone says.
                                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                                X