Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

So I been thinking about Final Fantasy XI lately. How, in 3 months, it'll have been a year since I last played. I don't have much impulse to play anymore. And any I get is sobered by the realization that the people I used to play with don't play anymore...

..But I did find this! And, to date, getting on this list is still one of my Greatest Achievements. Just randomly thought about it. This Feiwong/Feimatsu/Batsu/othersockaccount episode lasted for a few months.

Final Fantasy Xi Mod -> FFXI List of flamers

I remember, in Ballista, he once spazzed because he was on PLD and used Invincible. Then some mages nuked him. He GM'd them because he thought they hacked since he didn't know you can still take damage from magic while Invincible.

But mostly it was him accusing my LS of cockblocking him from getting Ballista chevrons and hiring JPs to kill him over and over.

Or stalking me in Whitegate and checking me 3 or 4 times in a row. Then telling me he will stop at nothing to get his revenge...verbatim.

PvP (Ballista) Ls Ganballistar Warning. - Killing Ifrit - a Final Fantasy community

It'll be a quarter year I will never forget, where one day was just one new bout of hilarity after another.
    sigpic

Comment

Logged on last night to make a little extra money in Dynamis and wound up earning well over what I expected to. I shouted briefly in Jeuno for someone to come with me and ended up getting a BST to come while I went THF.

I'll spare the details and say that we went to Xarc and walked out with around 80 of each of the 3 types of money. Split evenly I netted about 120 pieces and 13 Forgotten Hopes. Not a bad haul. Shortly after getting back to Jeuno I shouted to sell them and they went like hotcakes at 7,000 each. Grand total i made almost 840k for 2 hours of work.

After that was all finished i decided to stay on THF and head to Riverne Site #B01 to try and farm some Giant Bird Plumes for a little extra spending money. Sadly I walked out of there with hardly anything to show for it... but on the flip side, I was reminded that I never did fight Bahamut. I got the CS for walking in and the CS for getting to the Displacement that you enter to fight him. I wasn't on the ideal job to try... but I gave it a shot anyway and entered as THF/DNC. After soloing him down to 60% and then dying to a Megaflare... I'm convinced that I could win the fight with ease on SMN and plan to do that today for the KI to do the Prime fight.

In other news, my forgotten totals are getting up there. I calculated their total worth and it makes me stagger a little bit to know I've spent as much as I have on what I've got.

7 Forgotten Thought (@7k each that's roughly 50,000)
      37 Forgotten Hope (@30k each that's roughly 1,100,000)
      40 Forgotten Journey (@9k each that's roughly 360,000)
      45 Forgotten Touch (@9k each that's roughly 405,000)
      30 Forgotten Step (@8k each that's roughly 240,000)

For a total of 2,155,000 in gil for all of them. First order of business is to convert the Hopes I get tonight and the 37 I have now into a +2 Body for PUP, followed by +2ing the rest of the set so I'm full +2 Relic on PUP. Using what's left over, I'll work on SMN to finish that out, and then COR followed by BLM and finally THF. WHM doesn't interest me in the slightest.. and the NIN pieces are useless beside the Hands and Legs which I already have.

When all is said and done tonight, I'll have the following Relic armor +2'd:

NIN Hands
      NIN Legs

SMN Hands

COR Feet

THF Hands

PUP Head
      PUP Body
      PUP Hands
      (Need to farm up the NQ Feet and Legs before those can be done)

Gettin there. Gettin there.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Been a few days since I posted here. Might as well throw some progress up.

Finally officially started a Vereth.
        6/41 – NMs
        7/50 – Chloris buds
        46/50 – Ulsh Fangs
        2/75 – Dragua Scales

Trying to get it finished sooner rather than later. I’ve realized that Pup/thf Isn’t too bad in dyanmis (And I’d like to use my Mnk for VW things). I think with a stronger weapon (and gear), I can at least come close to what I make on Bst currency wise. Which would be fantastic because it’s always crowded and if I went pup, there’s virtually no competition.

Helping a buddy work on a Brauva where I can. Slightly jealous. Even though I hear Ukon will pull ahead, I still think a Brauva would be cooler to have. I LOVE the random spikes I get on Guttler… I can only imagine what procs for that G.Axe would look like. Can’t wait till he gets it though. It’s been hella-fun partying as Whm/War/War.

Mythic Progress has slowed down. Been working a few extra nights and by the time I get home, my 2 salvage buddies are sleeping. And sometimes I’m just to tired to do a dynamis run for gil…or it’s just too crowded. Certainly doesn’t help that I have the shittiest luck with purses. Last 3 runs were 5/5/7/6, 6/6/13/9, 7/6/16/8. So about ~8 alex per purse. Which is horrible btw. And it seems like every time I get a 100k, I see someone with cheap Alex and I can only buy 6 or 7 off them. I need to save up like, 10 or 20m again then just go crazy.

I’ve made very little effort to keep up with Assault and Einherjar…again the extra few hours at work are whats killin me.

Got Cooking to 70. Couple more levels and I can start making Petfood Theta reliably. And eventually Dawns . My mule is sitting on 23 stacks of Etas lol.

Oh…not sure if I ever mentioned that I leveled thf to 99 and have some decent gear for it. I’m really like the job to (when partying with others). Even with my plate so full as it is…the word Mandau keeps coming to mind. God help me…

Eager to try out the new Mole event. Maybe tonight. Liking the Bst earring. And I’m a sucker for short & sweet events.
        99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
        -Verth (90) Completed!!
        -Guttler (95) Completed!
        -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
        -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
        -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
          Liking the Bst earring.
          Have a look at the PUP earring too. Automaton: +3 Ranged, +3 Melee and +3 Magic. Pretty sexy indeed.

Comment

Updated the Blog: Tree of Awesome

Comment

Fought/won Odin V2 for the first time last night and lost the lot on the upgraded body peice.. Exciting fight though so it was worth it. Aslo gives you an awesome title that i didnt know about "Epic Einherjar"(sp?).

Comment

-Worm parties in Abyssea? Check
                -Level PLD up to 85 from 71 in only two days? Check
                -Turn players in my party into mandragora's? Check*
                -Befriend at least one person? Check
                -Had lots of fun? Definitely.

*I asked if they didn't mind before doing so, of course.
                So ends the tale of Nestama the Galka in FFXI~

Comment

+2 BLM head and +2 PUP head (and +2 THF head for when I level that)
                  99 DNC
                  99 WHM
                  99 WAR
                  * 99 THF
                  99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                  99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Originally posted by Nestama View Post
                    -Turn players in my party into mandragora's? Check*
                    Wait...what?
                    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                    Name: Drjones
                    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Maestro's Baton. It's a fun "weapon."
                      So ends the tale of Nestama the Galka in FFXI~

Comment

Updated the blog again: Tree of Awesome

Comment

This is saving me from having to go to TTO to see if you've written something else.
                          99 DNC
                          99 WHM
                          99 WAR
                          * 99 THF
                          99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                          99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Wait a second. You actually subscribe to Taru Taru Times?

- - - Updated - - -

Also: No problem. The way I figure, it's a waste of time to write everything twice... so I link to the blog instead. Almost all of my posts contain some kind of accomplishment, so I figured this thread would be appropriate to post updates to.

Comment

Another small update: Tree of Awesome

Comment

Commented on Yyg's forum. Tree of Awesome: HEY, YOU!
                                99 DNC
                                99 WHM
                                99 WAR
                                * 99 THF
                                99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                                99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Working...
                                X