Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

+2 Raider's Feet. And with that... I've capped out my TH to the max.

+4 Natural at 99
    +1 from Knife
    +2 from +2 Armlets
    +1 from +2 Feet
    +1 from Atma

The only variable is the +1 you get for Treasure Hound being one of the Moogle Effects.

I'm so excited to have a +8 Base TH with the potential to go as high as 12 if all variables are met.

In addition to completing Raider's Feet, I also put 3/6 into BLM head, 3/6 into THF head, +4 into BLM Hands and 4/6 into PUP head.

I'm getting closer and closer to finishing my +2 sets for every job. Current progress is SMN 5/5, NIN 5/5, COR 5/5, PUP 4/5, THF 3/5, WHM 3/5, BLM 2/5. Only 8 more pieces to complete... most of which I already have at least halfway started already. If I burn the midnight oil and work real hard, I can probably be done with them all by this time next week and finally move on to something different, lol.

Edit: Oh... and I also upgraded my Koga Hakama +2 and freaking love them.

Edit #2: Man... I almost forgot my favorite thing! Thanks to help from Sheperd, Bumpkin and Hayde... I farmed up all 8 seals I needed for Raider's Legs +1 (they're terrible btw) and I'm officially done with all of my seal farming for all of my jobs. /thrilled_to_not_have_to_seal_farm_again
    Last edited by Yygdrasil; 08-31-2012, 07:19 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

+2 WAR hands finished last night on an Ulhuadshi that put out big time (except for Rom, was stingy with the empy drop).
      99 DNC
      99 WHM
      99 WAR
      * 99 THF
      99 BLM * 99 RDM *
      99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Raider's Culottes +2 - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Actually Yyg the Raider's Legs, along with the body are one of the better TP pieces available to you. The only way a Thief can deal even remotely competitive damage compared to even an average 2 hander or Ranger is by maxing out on haste and spamming weapon skills while under the effect of Rudra's Storm aftermath. And even then by the time your WS animation is over the SAM or WAR is probably WSing again.

If you were levelling it just for soloing though then the Raider's Feet +2 are the only thing worth it due to the evasion (but why you would level Thief for soloing if you already have NIN, SMN and PUP is anyone's guess).
        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
        Reiko Takahashi
        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I always knew Yyg would level THF. He stole my heart from the moment I met him.

True story.

Not actually a true story.

Comment

Fire... I was saying the +1 legs were awful... not the +2. Chill with the lessons on TP/Haste/DD.

Comment

Should I add emoticons next time so it looks less like I'm ranting?
              Reiko Takahashi
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Unlocked the Summoner job (Destrier Beret is quite awesome).
                Acquired my first Teleport spell: Teleport Holla.
                Rank 10 in San d'Oria :D

Now to focus on levelling my PLD and WHM to 65 as well as my Summoner job.
                So ends the tale of Nestama the Galka in FFXI~

Comment

Speaking of Thf…I recently leveled it as well.

I’ve always wanted to level it but been too lazy. The opportunity popped up though. So I went for it.
                  It’s supposed to be more for farming (various ingredients for cooking) buuuuuttt its actually been kinda fun taking it other places.

Got all the TH pieces (knife, hands+2, feet+2) and it’s pretty clear I have the best TH ever since we got a 100 piece on the first dyanamis NM we fought.

I’m sure you’ll see some joking posts about a Mandau soon…which will eventually turn into ‘I’m working on Mandau’ posts…I have issues…

**Funny story about thief knife. I went and killed Tonberry Trailers for over an hour till someone asked…why don’t you just buy it?
                  I could have sworn it was r/e **
                  99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                  -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                  -Verth (90) Completed!!
                  -Guttler (95) Completed!
                  -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                  -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                  -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

People try to gouge you like crazy on the price though. I really wouldn't pay more than 120k at most for one since TH does have diminishing returns on it's proc rate (While Bounty Shot does not seem to suffer the same diminishing returns until about TH7ish if the wiki is reliable) so you're not going to see more than TH9 on a mob all that often.

It's like the Onyros Knife on my server. Over the last week people have driven the price up to 500k for it and I just laugh since you're pretty much going to replace it with a Twilight/Triplus/STR Thokcha in your off hand. Honestly I wouldn't pay more then 330k max for one of those (if you just want THF for farming I wouldn't even bother looking at that knife).
                    Reiko Takahashi
                    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I set up a Einherjar run a couple nights ago. 6 people, starter wing, <easy prey>.
                      Bst, Bst, Bst, Thf, Whm Pld. Was actually a little overkill…but that’s expected on the first few wings.

Turns out Einherjar is pretty straight forward. Enter big room, practice safe pulls and kill all mobs.
                      Wanna know what the BEST part was…it’s a 30 minute event. I can’t tell you how much I LOVE 30-60 minute events (Limbus/salvage). It’s enough time to do fun stuff and not being stuck for 2+ hours.

Another HUGE perk…easy and fast to get too. I wish I knew the secret before I jumped on the boat. For those of you who don’t know, you don’t need ANY clears to start the ToAU VW operations (same with CoP). Sooooo. Even if you’ve never done VW, you can get the abbysite from the ToAU NPC and get the teleport to Caedire Mire. Guess where it ports you in CM….5 steps away from Nasmu. Guess whre Einherjar is… another 5 steps away!!

Anyway…goal is to do first 3 wings probably 2 or 3 times. Hopefully I can get people clears so we can eventually get to 2nd & 3rd tiers. Also heard a rumor that 2-3 Bst can take on Odin…I know a few Bsts

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                      -Verth (90) Completed!!
                      -Guttler (95) Completed!
                      -Aegis just started

Comment

Want... to... transfer... so... badly...

Comment

Even if you dont transfer, i have a feeling a simple shout in Jeuno will get you enough peeps to enter. I think the only pre-req is the ability to get sanction...and maybe get the first CS in nashmu.

There are a lot of peeps out there that feel they need a shell to do it, but from that 1 run i had, any group of 6 could handle.

Didnt need the whm in our group. we just had her go whm as a precaution. i think everyone else was /dnc, which was plenty of healing.

i think as we eventually get a little deeper, the key is just good pulling.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                          -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                          -Verth (90) Completed!!
                          -Guttler (95) Completed!
                          -Aegis just started

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                            Didnt need the whm in our group.
                            Woohoo for being able to go DNC to something.
                            99 DNC
                            99 WHM
                            99 WAR
                            * 99 THF
                            99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                            99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

No Dnc for you till you get your twwojwoaeashar!!!!

btw i have to work today...i gotta come in 2 saturdays a hear (today being one of them). It's very slow and very boring soooooo, i'll be replying plenty lol.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                              -Verth (90) Completed!!
                              -Guttler (95) Completed!
                              -Aegis just started

Comment

Finished up the VNM portion. Now to knuckle down and finish Glav and Itzpa.
                                99 DNC
                                99 WHM
                                99 WAR
                                * 99 THF
                                99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                                99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Working...
                                X