Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

It's been a while since I had levelled a job in teh 50'-60's range,
    I remember on pup dnc and rdm I was kinda in zi-tah doing pages maybe until the 60 mark. I jumped onto a few besieged and mid 60's headed to the tree.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

+2 WHM and PUP feet.
      99 DNC
      99 WHM
      99 WAR
      * 99 THF
      99 BLM * 99 RDM *
      99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Originally posted by Satori View Post
        It's been a while since I had levelled a job in teh 50'-60's range,
        I remember on pup dnc and rdm I was kinda in zi-tah doing pages maybe until the 60 mark. I jumped onto a few besieged and mid 60's headed to the tree.
        You get better exp in sea serpants grotto as its grounds valour which means exp increase each time you compelte a page. You can exp on the 2nd page till 56 and then go deeper to carry on other pages. can get starting 1050 exp for finishing a page up to 2k+ after repeating a few times, plus if you have the 100% exp ring, your on fire!

Comment

Just got out of an exp party. I parsed with the highest weaponskill damage of everyone there.
          On my Red Mage.

I can't tell if I should be encouraged or utterly depressed by this.
          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
          Name: Drjones
          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Do you have an Almace?

Either way, I would say depressed. That's the whole reason I would rather solo DomOps than join an xp party.
            99 DNC
            99 WHM
            99 WAR
            * 99 THF
            99 BLM * 99 RDM *
            99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggs View Post
              Do you have an Almace?
              Nope. I was just dicking around with Requiescat since I got a blind invite to join a worm party.

Comment

This is not a knock on your RDM, but that is depressing then.
                99 DNC
                99 WHM
                99 WAR
                * 99 THF
                99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Nah, it's cool. I know my RDM melee is nothing to write home about. It's just kind of a weird sensation to take off the chat filters for a night and see my WS damage trumping DD jobs.

Comment

Spent most of the night last night killing Isegebind over and over again with some complete strangers... for nothing more than to help them out when they were struggling with it.

Turns out he's a chump now at 99. That gives me a sad.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
                      Just got out of an exp party. I parsed with the highest weaponskill damage of everyone there.
                      On my Red Mage.

I can't tell if I should be encouraged or utterly depressed by this.
                      Are you level 99 and they are level 50?
                      75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                      RANK 10 Bastok
                      CoP: Done
                      ZM: Done
                      ToA: Done
                      Assault rank: Captain
                      Campaign Medal: Medals
                      Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                      This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

It's just the sad state of your average La Theine worm party. Half are semi-afk, and most of the rest still have the skills they started syncing in the Crawler's Nest with.
                        99 DNC
                        99 WHM
                        99 WAR
                        * 99 THF
                        99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                        99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

I think... and don't quote me on this... but I think I managed to get through to Melody. We had a nice chat yesterday that started to look like a very irrational argument about one Job/Subjob over another and ended with me logging on to prove my point.

She was arguing for the godliness of NIN/RDM as a solo tank and I was suggesting that she keep that opinion to herself lest she be mocked to death.

I was simply pointing out that it USED to be a halfway decent way to go at 75, but now that the cap is 99, it's garbage when compared to NIN/DNC.

It took face time demonstration to prove that Evasion+DW+Stun+Ability Haste+TP Healing trumped Phalanx+SS. I did this by aggroing the Diremite NM in Abyssea Uleg. Range and letting it swing at me with 100 Fists and never break through my shadows once until the very end when it started to spam TP moves.

End result: Not getting hit > Absorbing damage

Comment

/RDM might have been useful before they nerfed all of RDM's enmity tools, but even then I was under the impression that /DRK was preferred over it because it gave enmity tools paired with decent melee bonuses. They're both pretty dead as subjobs now though.

Now it's /DNC for solo or low-man stuff and /WAR for party play. Anything else is gonna be pretty niche I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
                              Anything else is gonna be pretty niche I'd imagine.
                              Understatement.

/DRK is a joke unless you're doing things outside of Abyssea with people who are gimp or retarded. /DRK Stun is a thing of the past at this point for any job using it.

/THF is only useful for a little additional TH in the event that your party doesn't contain a THF. And that's assuming that you're killing something you're hoping to get drops from.

/WHM is on the same playing field as /RDM and is mainly circumstantial. It's great to be able to heal yourself... but unless you're in Abyssea and you sacrifice one of your Atmas for MM, you're going to be bleeding MP too quickly for it to be genuinely useful.

/BLM is only if you're doing easy (or combat-free) repeatable quests... like fame in Abyssea... where you'll need to be able to warp in and out without having to buy 5-6 Warp Cudgels.

/WAR for party play where you're needed as either a tank or a Red Procer. Your Damage output is unmatched and the JAs you have including Provoke make it the best choice.

/DNC for solo play or low man where you might need to be able to heal yourself and provide a slightly better Evasion setup. The loss of your TP is vastly outweighed by the benefits of this combo.

/anything else and you're just fucking around.

Correction:

/SAM could have some circumstantial uses I suppose. I know I've been able to utilize it on COR a few times... if only for a Store TP build

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                                Understatement.

/DRK is a joke unless you're doing things outside of Abyssea with people who are gimp or retarded. /DRK Stun is a thing of the past at this point for any job using it.
                                Just so we're clear, it was more than just Stun. Blind, Sleep and Bind were also pretty solid enmity tools before SE nerfed RDM tanking. It's definitely outdated though.

/complainsAboutRDMTankingNerf

@ /WAR: Provoke is situational. Depending on how awesome your TP set is you could actually end up losing enmity by using it. I'd have to look into mathing it out, but with sufficient buffs your damage will outpace it due to the JA delay it incurs. It's similar to how zerg mode Monks at delay cap don't WS b/c the delay actually ends up lowering their overall damage.

tl;dr: shit's situational

Comment

Working...
                                X