Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Good job, Cid!

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Grats bud. Did you get the drop you wanted?
      99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
      -Verth (90) Completed!!
      -Guttler (95) Completed!
      -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
      -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
      -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Hell no I didn't. I got some abjuration for freaking Shura Kote. No one wants that, so I turned it into a bunch of tatters.

Now I'm just waiting for another Gem of the South to appear in a bazaar on my server so I can try again. I have no love for farming pops in Sky.

I kind of want to try soloing the rest of the Sky Gods now...bleh, I need more gil to fund this expedition.
        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
        Name: Drjones
        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

My level limit is now 55 as of a couple of weeks or so ago.

I anticipate that I'll be on the leveling train again after this semester concludes. One more week of class, then Finals week. Then hopefully I'll have a job.
          Originally posted by Armando
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Originally posted by Armando
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Just 490 aquans, 80 Soil Geodes, and 30 Titanites now stand between me and completed pet -PDT axes for my BST!

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
            WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Just 490 aquans, 80 Soil Geodes, and 30 Titanites now stand between me and completed pet -PDT axes for my BST!
              Far west (iirc) end of Mt Z. for those. Common earth weather. Easy Crabs & Pugils…and plenty of them.

Finished Jeuno T1 VW path as well as half of Jeuno T2s (we did all the [s] ones).
              Didn’t get any real notable drops but I didn’t trade cells either. It was more for the progression.
              (Lots of curor too which is nice. Got 4 brews ready for Othrus stage of Ukon ^^)

Pretty competent group. They let me go as Bst. I kinda hid the fact I had other jobs but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I was seeing some pretty decent Ruintor numbers now that I actually put an effort into the set.
              Was mainly seeing 1500-1800 per WS, with some 2k+ spikes. While I know that’s not great compared to other DDers, it’s a nice step up from seeing 700-1000s.
              Would be nice to one day get into the Cor/Brd party for that extra umph but…guess that’s better suited for the heavy DDers

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
              -Verth (90) Completed!!
              -Guttler (95) Completed!
              -Aegis just started

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                Pretty competent group. They let me go as Bst. I kinda hid the fact I had other jobs but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
                I know that feeling. Some days I just gotta take a break from wearing the pimp suit. Some days all I want to do is stab things all night long with Buster at my side, so they don't get to hear about my other two jobs. It's really nice to take a break and go on the job you want to play.

Less impressive accomplishment: Punched out Suzaku again, but as a duo with a BST in my shell. It's a good thing she was there, because I screwed up pretty bad. I totally forgot to put up barfire, and since the pet was holding hate I got a bit eager with the nuking. So of course right as I need to convert Suzaku decides to Chainspell. I match it with my own chainspell, convert and stay on my feet for a few spells, but pretty soon I find myself without enough stoneskin and a depleted HP pool. Thankfully I was able to reraise and we finished the fight without any trouble after that, but it served as a reminder that I'm not nearly as indestructible as I'd like to believe.

Comment

Suzaku is now just another mob to be farmed.

The trick seems to be to just bait him to chainspell. Keep your MP pool and defenses up until he chainspells. Use your own chainspell to spam stoneskin, shadows and cures to keep yourself up. If you started with enough MP you'll be able to ride it out. Once the chainspell is over he's a joke, it just takes a while to wear down his HP. I could probably speed the process up by meleeing him next time.

Next on the chopping block: Genbu

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

And now an update.

lolGenbu

Comment

lolGenbu ... lol old school.
                    sigpic
                    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

But we're not making fun of YM for just now doing a genkai?

Really?

Comment

Making fun of YM for being a slow leveler is more old school than lolGenbu, quite honestly.
                        sigpic
                        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Just done the Quifim Supp Quest ^.^

Comment

leasious, your avatar makes me sad face
                            75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                            RANK 10 Bastok
                            CoP: Done
                            ZM: Done
                            ToA: Done
                            Assault rank: Captain
                            Campaign Medal: Medals
                            Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                            This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Accomplishment/pet peeve. I guess it can go in either.

Did Nyzul 96-100 x3 last night

Couple LS peeps wanted weapons. Cleared all 3 runs with extreme ease. Most of us hadn’t done Nyzul in a while so we were still in ‘rush mode’. By the time we killed the Hydra on 100, we still had like 15 minutes left. So the next 2 runs we stuck around and killed more random NMs. Pretty sure everyone got the weapons they wanted.

We all magically had 4 tags so took a shot at Uncharted. I personally knew with the setup we had we weren’t going to hit any amazing floors (2Sam/???, Whm/blm, Bst/dnc, Pld/Whm, Blu/???). But gave it a shot anyway. We were those jobs to get specific weapons on the previous runs.

Couple things I’ve noticed if anyone cares.
                              -Most of the floors weren’t much different difficulty wise. Mostly EP mobs
                              -Floor 20 Boss (Mamool) wasn’t too hard to kill
                              -Restricted JA floors are annoying.

Floor progression went
                              1, 8, 10, 13, 19, 20, 27(exited).

Probably could have gone a lot farther but…oddly enough there are still people who still don’t get Nyzul despite the fact they have the Runic Key and multiple Virgil weapons.
                              -One guy held us up for a very long time on CODE lamp floors…yeah.
                              He was the guy who sat at the rune till we completed the floor. Yet didn’t think to move when we said CODE 100 times. And yes, he has runic key and about 6+ weapons from NI.
                              -Another guy (the guy who set the run up), apparently was drunk and semi passed out a few times….on a separate code floor
                              While I don’t mind that…it is annoying when organizers have no focus.
                              -The Whm went /blm. Virtually no form of Refresh aside from maybe +2 or +3 from gear. Pretty much out of MP the majority of the time.
                              Rested for MP in a light staff.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                              -Verth (90) Completed!!
                              -Guttler (95) Completed!
                              -Aegis just started

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                                Did Nyzul 96-100 x3 last night.
                                And all I got was trolled about crabs? Hmph.

Anyway, I finished my +1 WAR shoes and gathered the seals for +1 DNC feet (if they exist). 4 1/2 pieces left to +1.
                                99 DNC
                                99 WHM
                                99 WAR
                                * 99 THF
                                99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                                99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Working...
                                X