Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

100% w/ 5 finishing moves and 5/5 Reverse Flourish merits.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
    WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Thats pretty cool. there arent any like 'enhance' or 'augment' pieces that fall in the all-jobs category are there?

would be pretty cool getting mre than 60tp on bst/dnc
      99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
      -Verth (90) Completed!!
      -Guttler (95) Completed!
      -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
      -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
      -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Farmed some more Dynamis-Valk this morning with a THF from my LS. We successfully farmed up 56 ordelles pieces, 32 shells, 8 bills, 5 forgotten touches, Cleric boots, x2 Summoners capes, x1 Warrior ammo, a -1 Corsair Tricorne, a -1 Blue mage hat, a -1 Puppetmaster body and a few other random things. After selling my currency I ended up with around 300k. Only 42 more forgotten touches left before I can get the SMN+2 gloves!

Also sold off the currency I was waiting to hand off to the Cid from our run the other night. It was worth 97k... but I sent you 125k. Use it towards COR, buddy.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Truece View Post
          100% w/ 5 finishing moves and 5/5 Reverse Flourish merits.
          Looks like its time for me to go kill an Ironclad for that.
          99 DNC
          99 WHM
          99 WAR
          * 99 THF
          99 BLM * 99 RDM *
          99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Are you fighting the Decent Challenge mobs or the Easy ones. I did Valk last night and only fought the Goobues (west of Outpost) and we got proabably 100 shells and at least 23 Forgotten touches (bst/dnc and thf/dnc)

Farm Easy Prey if you’re going for currency
            Farm Decent Challenge if you’re going for forgotten items

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
            -Farsha (90) Completed!!
            -Verth (90) Completed!!
            -Guttler (95) Completed!
            -Aegis just started

Comment

We were rotating the DC mobs based on the time in order to proc Red. We went from Sheep ---> Manticores ---> Flytraps. All were DC west of the OP. We got all 5/5 TEs within the first 15 min we were there and must have killed around 100 mobs. Tell me I'm neglecting something stupid. You claim that forgottens fall like rain... but this feels more like a... a...
              eew

Comment

Flytraps/Sheep/Manticores?? Seems like an odd combo to me. Long distance to run and Sleep is annoying, so we avoid traps and sheep. But I’m guessing you go Smn and can stay out of range to cure the thf. If that’s correct, it makes sense.

The first day we went we did Treants/Manticores -> Hippos –> Treants/Maticores (WSprocing). Added in any nearby JA proc-able gobs in the mix…rinse repeat. But, after thinking about it the next day, we both decided we’re in a pretty solid place gil wise so we won’t focus too much on currency. Decided to stick with an easy enemy that has little to no competition. Goobues. Seriously…no threat what so ever lol. TP hits aren’t too devastating (when they land) and Silence does nothing to Bst & thf /dnc. Paralyze is the only annoyance but if you have dippy in front and players on the side, it can’t hit you. Proc’d all during JA times. Proc’d whatever we got lucky during WS times. And just straight up killed during Magic.

I honestly have no idea how Thf and TH works. My thf is lvl 8. Not sure if having a thf in the group makes using Dipper a silly idea or if dippy somehow adds to the TH equation. But using dippy saves me a lot of petfood. Thf has trouble getting hate from me. Dippy is an evade machine when I snarl, so I stick with dippy.

Tell me I'm neglecting something stupid. You claim that forgottens fall like rain
                What I do know is, we were probably averaging 1 forgotten item for every 3 ish kills. Sometimes no items in the pool, sometimes 3 in the pool at one time. Is your thf reliable? Meaning does he know how to ‘up’ TH? The Thf I go with usually just runs behind after we proc and (I assume) Sneak attacks and Spams the new WS. We get a shit load of relic accessories and -1s.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                -Verth (90) Completed!!
                -Guttler (95) Completed!
                -Aegis just started

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                  Thats pretty cool. there arent any like 'enhance' or 'augment' pieces that fall in the all-jobs category are there?

would be pretty cool getting mre than 60tp on bst/dnc
                  Well, there are pieces that enhance Zanshin, Stoneskin, Protect, and of course Sneak/invis, but I don't think there are any items that augment the effect of reverse flourish that can be worn by jobs other than DNC.

Comment

i meant augment/enahnce Reverse Flourish. i didnt think there was but figured i'd ask a Dnc just incase.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                    -Verth (90) Completed!!
                    -Guttler (95) Completed!
                    -Aegis just started

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                      Also sold off the currency I was waiting to hand off to the Cid from our run the other night. It was worth 97k... but I sent you 125k. Use it towards COR, buddy.
                      You didn't have to do that man. Don't worry though, it'll go straight into the bullet-making machine.
                      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                      Name: Drjones
                      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                        What I do know is, we were probably averaging 1 forgotten item for every 3 ish kills. Sometimes no items in the pool, sometimes 3 in the pool at one time. Is your thf reliable? Meaning does he know how to ‘up’ TH? The Thf I go with usually just runs behind after we proc and (I assume) Sneak attacks and Spams the new WS. We get a shit load of relic accessories and -1s.
                        Ok... here's today's breakdown:

Me: NIN/DNC
                        Friend: THF/DNC

We entered, killed the TE mob among the Orcs first, then the Goblin one, then the Quadov one, then the Yag one and doubled back to the West end to search for the 5th and final one. It took a few minutes to locate it because it was deep in Quadov territory near the exit to Secret Beach. Once we finished that one off for 5/5 I checked the time and because we were right there.... we killed the Sheep. I managed to proc Red !! On every last mob the entire time we were in the zone. We were killing at a steady pace... around 1/min. The THF was landing TH7 on every mob after I proc'd. We were netting 3-4 currency/kill and the occasional relic piece. It took around 10 kills to final get a Forgotten Touch to drop. After that, it seemed like we only got 1/20 kills. I walked out with 5... which isn't bad considering my last run in the zone only got me 3 for the full 2 hour stay.

We Proc'd
                        We stuck TH7
                        We killed quickly

I don't understand how you got 23 and I got 5. I get that luck plays into the equation... but that's something more than luck. If it's a set % drop rate, we should have gotten around the same # of drops as you did give or take a few. Were you killing NMs? Did that make a difference? Were you procing every single mob like us? Did you notice getting better Forgotten drop rates when you DIDN'T land a proc?

I'm thinking that since it seems as though normal (nightmare) mobs have only a set number of slots that items can drop into. That being the case... I wonder if procing red is BAD for Forgotten drops. Maybe procing red prioritizes currancy over forgotten? I'll ahve to try this theory out when I get home by getting all the TEs (for time) and going straight to the goobs. I don't mind wasting a run if my theory gets proven/disproved. For the sake of comparison... I'll be taking my THF buddy with me again. I'll report back with my findings.

Comment

From what i've been reading here and there...procing seems to not effect the forgotten items. Its strickly for currency. rate did not seem to change much during the Magic time when we couldnt proc.

No NMs killed. Just the higher level mobs & TEs.

You must be unlucky or something
                          in the 4 runs i've done, i've gotten upwards of 85 total items split between me and thf friend.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                          -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                          -Verth (90) Completed!!
                          -Guttler (95) Completed!
                          -Aegis just started

Comment

*insert rage face here*

Alright. I guess I'll just give it another shot tomorrow and hope that my luck turns around.

Comment

People on other forums have indicated that they have better results when they go for currency or forgotten touches. If you're going for currency, proc every mob. If you're going for forgotten touches, target DC mobs and don't bother with procs, just kill ASAP.

Haven't tried it myself, can't vouch for the validity, but I can repeat what others say just as well as the next guy!

Comment

That clinches it. Tomorrow morning I'm going to make adjustments to my party in an effort to maximize killing speed and eliminate (intentionally) procing red on anything at all. If it makes a noticeable difference, I'll be focusing on that tactic exclusively until I finish my gloves. As it turns out, I need 100 of the forgotten touches total. I forgot that the NIN ones looked sexy too.

8/100 sounds a lot less impressive...

Comment

Working...
                                X