Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

is the story written some where? So i can go back and re-read/understand it better?

or is it best to just have Armando come over and draw me some pictures?

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Oh, wanted to slip this in there too.
    WOOT 50/50 Fistule Discharges!!
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

I hope you enjoy crude stick figures.

Comment

Works for me!! d(^^)
        99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
        -Verth (90) Completed!!
        -Guttler (95) Completed!
        -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
        -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
        -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
          is the story written some where? So i can go back and re-read/understand it better?

I think all the cutscene dialog is on wiki on the mission pages, but you're probably better off with Armando recounting the events.
          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
          Name: Drjones
          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

The way I picture Armando's storytelling:

Armando: "BACK IN MAI DEEY... WE HAD TER DO CoP THE HERD WAI!!! UPHILL, BOOTH WAIS!!! AN WE DIN HAVE NONE'A THIS FANCY SCHMANCY lvl95 HOOSA-WHATSIS. WE WANTED STOREE, WE HAD TA BUST OUR PATOOKIS THROUGH THEM MISHINZ AT 75!!! SPOILED WHIPPASNAPPAHS!! NUMBERSMATHMUMBERSHARUMPH"

Romyro: Yeah but what about the story? What was the story like?

Armando: *hits Romy with his cane* YOU GIT AWAY FROM MY WORTHERS ORIGINALS!!! WHO ARE YOU?!?! HOW DID YOU GET IN MY HOUSE?!?! HELP!!!!
            Last edited by Yygdrasil; 11-08-2011, 03:05 PM. Reason: Not enough math

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
            99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
            99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Back in my day we were lucky to get one mission done a week with our "static parties" and we had to watch the cutscenes spread out over several months so by the time a new plot point came up we forgot what the last one was. Not that it mattered because we were so preoccupied coming up with "strategies" to use on the "level capped battles" that would let us win with the jobs we had available.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I actually parsed through my Ultima/Omega chat logs *by hand* after my static lost (the parser wouldn't give you results if you didn't finish the fight.) It gave me insight we needed to win: they can't dodge for shit (our sushi was useless) and their defense is kind of low. Got all the DDs to switch over to Defense food and it went over much better. Also raged when NONE of the fucking guides or wikis would mention that Omega: A) counters, and B) doesn't rotate to face the target. Our Ninja tank was eating Counters unnecessarily.

Anyways, if I did draw out CoP it'd probably be something like peachifruit's MGS comics:
                Snake, Snaaaaaake, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                  I actually parsed through my Ultima/Omega chat logs *by hand*

Comment

To be fair the chat log starts forgetting stuff after a certain point, and I only parsed my own accuracy and attack.

Comment

I stand by my previous statement.

Comment

The best part is that SE trivialized CoP like 2 or 3 months afterwards. So all my much-needed edits to FFXIClopedia were all nothing.

Comment

I'm still disappointed that they did that. CoP completion was one of the few badges of honor left in the game that didn't involve grinding the hell out of a repetitive activity.

Comment

I agree. I think CoP needed to be more accessible, because it was a horrible, horrible time sink, but they could've gone about it in much better ways. They could've altered mob placement in the dungeons (I'm looking at you, Sacrarium) so you didn't have to fight every 20 feet; Fomors and Taurs were stupidly deadly, each encounter was more of a miniboss than a random fight. They could've placed a checkpoint warp in front of the boss BC for people on the mission so you didn't have to go through the entire dungeon if you had to disband and try again some other day. They could've added 10 minutes to the U/O fight so you weren't racing the clock so tightly. All of those fixes were pretty trivial and would've gone a long way...

I'm sure the reason getting people to help you with CoP was a bitch is because everyone knows it was going to eat up 3+ hours of their time.

Comment

I've seen both sides of the issue on CoP. I had a lot of fun running through the crags when they were level capped. Lost a lot of fights but it made the victories all the sweeter. When they lifted the level caps from all the fights my shell did the Mammet fight and blew it away before I had even finished the cutscene. It utterly sapped my enthusiasm. I walked back to Bastok, went into my mog house, logged off and didn't touch CoP again for months after that night.

On the other hand, making the whole thing easier has been a great boon. It has allowed me to progress through most of the expansion at my own pace without having to inconvenience a bunch of other people who've already finished the whole thing. It also means I don't feel rushed when watching cutscenes because there's no one waiting on me to hurry up so we can get to the next mission, which is nice.

They could have handled it better, but I'm actually pretty content with how it is now.

What I'd really like is for them to release some more proper expansions. I'm totally digging ToAU, but once I finish that and the Zilart missions I'm going to be left high and dry.

Comment

I think there were definitely some design issues there that needed to be addressed, but removing the level caps was an easy-way-out, nuclear option that got rid of a lot of the good along with the bad. As convenient as it is to be able to solo tons of things now, a lot of the fun and joy of the game is tied up in grouping with other people and overcoming challenges. Imo, they should have focused on removing the barriers to doing that rather than removing the challenge and need to group.

Comment

Working...
                                X