Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Finished taking BLU to 60 in Crawler's Nest. I took it from 32 to 40 in a Gusgen alliance to get up to sync level, then went straight to the Nest.

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    The only things I have left to do... are bring RDM up from 10 - 49 and RNG from 17 - 49. It won't be fun or easy... but it has to get done.
    Then do yourself a favor and spam GoV pages in Gusgen and Crawler's Nest. Once you get in a Page 1 alliance in Nest, it takes just a few hours to get from 30 to 55, and unlike Abyssea, you can log out in the zone and come back with all your Prowess buffs and 2x page bonus.

It's how I now have 15/20 jobs at subjob level or higher, and should have the rest done in two weeks or so. (I won't be able to do a lot of FFXI this weekend, and I have to get a lot of BLU spells now.)
    Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
    99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
    F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
    >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Since I hit 90 on WAR, I decided it was probably time to get the useless AF that I hadn't gotten while levelling (I did get the feet). Got two more pieces and the key for Castle Z.

Also finished the Sandy 6-2 except for the stupid wait till after JP midnight thing.
      99 DNC
      99 WHM
      99 WAR
      * 99 THF
      99 BLM * 99 RDM *
      99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggs View Post
        Since I hit 90 on WAR, I decided it was probably time to get the useless AF that I hadn't gotten while levelling (I did get the feet). Got two more pieces and the key for Castle Z.

Also finished the Sandy 6-2 except for the stupid wait till after JP midnight thing.
        Is there a reason to get any of the first AF for really any jobs anymore? I never thought the AF was all that great anyways. The blu was nice, but now everyone is GOVing up to ABY level, and then Abying up to 90. hell, I see people in alliances in Garlaige and Crawlers Nest naked and it hardly hurts the alliance. Is there really a need for AF or is it more like a trophy now a days?
        Shiva Server
        Crafting 60 all (Gold 55, Alchemy 90)
        Sandy Rank 10. Basty Rank 10. COP
        99<BLU><BLM><THF><WAR><NIN><WHM><DRK><RNG>
        95<SAM>><PLD>97
        75-90<MNK><CO905><DRG75><PUP77><BST76><BRD91><SCH85><RDM84><DNC75>
        <SMN80>

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yavimaya View Post
          Is there a reason to get any of the first AF for really any jobs anymore?
          The Pimp Suit is still pretty goddamn amazing. It just depends on the job.
          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
          Name: Drjones
          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I have no reason and no use for any of it anymore. I started the quest though when I was in my 50's and decided to go ahead and finish it. I'll either store it or drop it outright. The shoes I used from 52-62 on WAR though.

And I still use a couple of WHM pieces for macro gear. The pants have +15 Divine which is pretty nice, and the body (I think?) has +10 Enfeebling.
            Last edited by Squiggs; 07-20-2011, 08:11 AM. Reason: added in WHM uses
            99 DNC
            99 WHM
            99 WAR
            * 99 THF
            99 BLM * 99 RDM *
            99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Some pieces may have small situational uses…but probably pretty limited. And you need it if you want the +1 (from limbus)

I put most of it in storage but as Bst I used a bunch of AF+1 pieces for a charming and Primal rend sets since it had high Chr.
              The head +1 I believe is still the best for reward (HP wise). Not much else gives Bst that much MND in the head.

Pup hands+1 are still pretty nice for overload.

I guess it depends on your play style and jobs. If you gear swap a lot, some pieces might still benefit.
              99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
              -Verth (90) Completed!!
              -Guttler (95) Completed!
              -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
              -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
              -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Every piece is a macro piece
                Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                Name: Drjones
                Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I haven't gotten the DNC pieces yet, but some of them are extremely useful. The head makes samba last longer and the body increases waltz potency and has -enmity for the waltzes. They are both macro pieces; but they are extremely useful macro pieces.
                  99 DNC
                  99 WHM
                  99 WAR
                  * 99 THF
                  99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                  99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Originally posted by yavimaya View Post
                    Is there really a need for AF or is it more like a trophy now a days?
                    4/5 DNC AF1 gear is situationally useful. SAM {Meditate} helm. BLU hands and body. THF feet. All useful but all situational. Those are only the jobs I'm familiar with but at least one piece from every job I've gotten AF for is still useful in some way. So, yes, there is a need beyond trophy for some AF1.
                    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                      Not much else gives Bst that much MND in the head.
                      There is a joke in there somewhere.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
                        Finished taking BLU to 60 in Crawler's Nest. I took it from 32 to 40 in a Gusgen alliance to get up to sync level, then went straight to the Nest.

Then do yourself a favor and spam GoV pages in Gusgen and Crawler's Nest. Once you get in a Page 1 alliance in Nest, it takes just a few hours to get from 30 to 55, and unlike Abyssea, you can log out in the zone and come back with all your Prowess buffs and 2x page bonus.

It's how I now have 15/20 jobs at subjob level or higher, and should have the rest done in two weeks or so. (I won't be able to do a lot of FFXI this weekend, and I have to get a lot of BLU spells now.)
                        Good job Elwynn!! I'm loving those CN parties too (was there with you). You're gonna love BLU at 60+....that's when it starts getting really awesome.
                        (Saiph on Sylph server)
                        90BLU,90WHM,90DRK,90RDM,90PLD,90BLM,90WAR,90DRG,70THF,70SAM,
                        70MNK,70NIN,70RNG,70BST,66SMN,66BRD,60DNC,60SCH,60COR,60PUP

Comment

Hit the 55 cap while farming garlaige coffer keys, went to do genkai 2. Got thoroughly beat down by the boreal hound due to badly timed breath attack at near full hp on it's part, and a blizzaga 2. Also, it has hate issues and apparently some sort of sick regain because it spams tp moves. After 2 wipes, another group with a few 90s kicked it's trash, and I nabbed the fragicite. ( don't look a gifthorse in the mouth). Went back and killed it myself just to prove I could.

Boreal tiger I wiped once on, because I was killing slowly and ran out of mp because my group is set up to churn out fusion skill chains while the tiger is strong to fire. Switched it up to distortion chains and dropped the tiger.

Boreal Couerl was a joke. Thing has like no HP and the only dangerous thing about it is the stun immunity. Ate a few Bursts to the face and asked for more. At the end of it all I had cleared the 55 cap and finally got my instincts trained to punch my stun macro whenever I see a spell being cast. I think that's the best thing to come out of my night.
                          You might be stopping to enjoy the game instead of rushing to cap, but that is not normal now. -Mhurron

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfish View Post
                            Hit the 55 cap while farming garlaige coffer keys, went to do genkai 2. Got thoroughly beat down by the boreal hound due to badly timed breath attack at near full hp on it's part, and a blizzaga 2. Also, it has hate issues and apparently some sort of sick regain because it spams tp moves. After 2 wipes, another group with a few 90s kicked it's trash, and I nabbed the fragicite. ( don't look a gifthorse in the mouth). Went back and killed it myself just to prove I could.

Boreal tiger I wiped once on, because I was killing slowly and ran out of mp because my group is set up to churn out fusion skill chains while the tiger is strong to fire. Switched it up to distortion chains and dropped the tiger.

Boreal Couerl was a joke. Thing has like no HP and the only dangerous thing about it is the stun immunity. Ate a few Bursts to the face and asked for more. At the end of it all I had cleared the 55 cap and finally got my instincts trained to punch my stun macro whenever I see a spell being cast. I think that's the best thing to come out of my night.
                            This story made me lol a little. Grats on breaking the cap the right way, man! There are so few who actually try to do it on their own that it's refreshing to read a story about someone who actually did. Kudos to you!

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                            99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                            99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Rank 7 in Sandy and finished the quest for full storage in my Mog House.
                              99 DNC
                              99 WHM
                              99 WAR
                              * 99 THF
                              99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                              99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

<Congratulations!> Squiggs and Bigfish! /cheer !

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Working...
                                X