Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Three Abyssea mega bosses Sunday (Itzapalongname, Amphitrite, Rani), then yesterday finally got the rest of my Nyzul static to 100. I'm looking forward to having my Monday nights open again.

And now I'm three or less rank points away from having to go find those stupid Warhorse Hoofprints again.
    Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
    99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
    F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
    >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Been making some good progress

7/9 Zone bosses completed (woot 3rd lunar)
      Would have been 8/9 but Glaviod is a bitch…

5/6 weird Aliens completed
      Missing Raja. Rani was an interesting fight though. The organizer planned on brewing it so his friend could get the drops. Unfortunately he couldn’t figure out when Rani would cast. Sooooo he ended up using 4 brews total lol.

Been getting a ton of Atmas. Most useless/situational but always cool to get em.

Been soloing a bunch of Seal NMs on Bst. My new Atmas of choice when Soloing.
      Atma of Vicissitude
      Atma of Mounted Champion
      And one of the follow: Atma of Razed Ruin/Sea Daughter/Ebon Hoof/Heavens

26/30 Irrilchts completed for my H2H Double Attack+10 trial (probably finish tonight)

….Sadly, with all these good things there has to be a bad right??
      Joined a 3+ hour VV atma run (needed to kill all NM and get all KIs) only to have the Atma NOT drop upon killing the malbro. We’re thinking because the person who popped, dropped out last minute to let someone else in and get the atma (the organizer already had it). We were under the impression that as long as the Proc’er was still in the party, we should be fine. /sigh…maybe next time.
      99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
      -Verth (90) Completed!!
      -Guttler (95) Completed!
      -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
      -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
      -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Finished Dagger and Evasion merits.
        Acquired Varangian Helm.
        Got tons of Polearm skillups from a Abbyssea worm party.
        FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
        FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
        aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Second Zone Mega Boss finished this morning. Itzpop from Attohwa Chasm. 2/9
          and...
          Ding Level 82

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
          99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
          99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
            Second Zone Mega Boss finished this morning. Itzpop from Attohwa Chasm. 2/9
            and...
            Ding Level 82
            Grats ^^ I just have one question. Since you guys can go to lvl 90 now in FFXI, does this mean a SCH/WHM or a SCH/RDM can have refresh and haste now?

Name: Luna Flower Server: Palamecia Linkshell: Paranor

Comment

Originally posted by Luna Flower View Post
              Grats ^^ I just have one question. Since you guys can go to lvl 90 now in FFXI, does this mean a SCH/WHM or a SCH/RDM can have refresh and haste now?
              Yes... yes it does. It also means you can /RDM and get Convert! Right? If I'm wrong I'm going to stop lvling RDM

Comment

you can convert. i dont do it often though as a taru smn. your hp is much lower then your MP pool.
                By the time you cure yourself back up (with cure III mind you) your low on MP again...
                99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                -Verth (90) Completed!!
                -Guttler (95) Completed!
                -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

In heavy merit parties on RDM/WHM where I needed the MP but curing myself wasn't really a concern (way back in the 75 heydays obviously), I'd sometimes just Convert, Cure 2 or 3, and let the auto-regen tick me up. If hate was an issue, I wouldn't do that, but in a lot of parties, ten minutes is more than enough to get my HP back up after a convert. Hell, I could even go without the cure at all if I wanted to. This was before I was very geared. By the time I had finished my gear, my cures were good enough that I could hit almost full without really trying. Especially on light day with my obi.

Not sure how HP/MP pools are now, but on a ten minute timer, if you have auto-regen and you're not worried about pulling hate, I wouldn't worry too much about curing yourself to full as long as you get there by the time your timer's up so you can do it again. Save the MP for curing others. Work smarter, not harder.

This obviously doesn't apply if you need your HP to be full for anything to proc at full potential - such as Devotion.
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                    you can convert. i dont do it often though as a taru smn. your hp is much lower then your MP pool.
                    By the time you cure yourself back up (with cure III mind you) your low on MP again...
                    Well, the way I see it, if I can build a gearset that doesn't involve any of the HP->MP gear, I can get closer to the 1100 HP / 1100 MP range. I could probably macro the gear swap into the convert macro to makle the best of /RDM.

As a Taru SMN I currently have 650HP and 1450MP. If remove the 45HP->MP earring and the 70Hp->MP Ring from the equasion I get 765HP and 1335MP. If I swap the RING/EAR for ones of the opposite effect (or close to it) I would get 880HP and 1220HP.

It wouldnt put me at 1100/1100 like I want... but if I were going to try... I would want to condence it all into 1 macro for button for everything.

/equip earring "___"
                    /equip ring "___"
                    /wait 1
                    /ja "convert" <me>
                    /wait 1 or 2
                    /ma "cure IV" <me>

It's been a while since I changed anything in any of my macros... but I think I remember having 6 lines to work with per macro. If we only have 5 lines... then I dont know if I would bother.

I just saw the potential there if Convert was followed by and combined with Elemental Siphon. My siphon currently gives me around 350MP with only day OR weather... closer to 400 with both. If I dont gearswap, I'd get 600 from vonvert followed by 350 from Siphon and that would put me almost back to 1000 MP.

There's clearly options I havent thought about yet. I'm going to have to do a little more research before I continue lvling RDM.

Refresh is worth /rdm all by itself.

Edit: Also... in Abyssea my MP/HP pools are adjusted due to the curor prospector's boost. With that in mind, and my (soon to be gotten) Minikin Atma... I'll be golden.

Minikin Atma + /RDM Refresh + 2 Natural SMN Refresh at lvl 90 gives me around 16MP/tic (if I'm remembering refresh right... 4mp/tic?) That's enough to perp Carby and Fenrir without ANY gear on at all for free. With YYR and Evoker's Ring it's enough to perp every avatar for free. This possibility makes me happy.

Comment

Use windower macros or you fail.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                        Go on...

Comment

I wish I could but I play on 360...
                          FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                          FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                          aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
                            I wish I could but I play on 360...
                            Someone explain to me how to do this... and the benefits.

Comment

It's really easy. I can't remember the syntax, but as long as you're using Windower, you can write text files in notepad and then tell your macro to read from that text. The beauty of this is, of course, you can change as much gear as you want in one click.

So your Cure V macro, for example, might have:

//whateverthewindoersyntaxthing is whmcurevgear.txt
                              /wait 1
                              /ma "Cure V" <stal>

where you'd check your whmcurevgear.txt file and edit it (from outside the game, ftw) and it may say

/equip head "blablbah"
                              /equip body "meowpoop"
                              /equip hands "fucksquat"
                              etc.

Or whatever. I stopped using Windower macros when I discovered spellcast (which is amazing once you figure out how it works) but it was so nice to be able to change everything in one click.

Check the Windower forums, because I honestly have no idea how they work anymore. It's been a damn long time. The forums there or at least some of the info pages will give you information on the proper syntax for both your in-game macros and your text files.
                              sigpic

Comment

/equip hands "fucksquat"
                                What NM Drops these?

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

spellcast
                                Whassat?

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Check the Windower forums.
                                Links plz

Comment

Working...
                                X