Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Got BST to 77 the "hard way" yesterday (aka no Abyssea... I did it all in campaign now that it's not trendy anymore) and already half way to 78.
    I too did bst the old fashion way. well cept the campagin part (boooooooring). Get excited for 78 ^^. Flies vs Imps in CM. brings back memories of the old days.

at 77 i did Glacier [s]. Courel jug vs Floating skulls...takes some getting used to but decent xp, camp always open, chain 4s (rare 5s).
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

And now I'm halfway to 79 doing more campaign.

It probably wouldn't have been possible if Abyssea hadn't stolen the spotlight. We just lost non-northlands zones for the first time in months. Campaign is "gimp" again like it was before union treasure, with the main difference being that the playerbase has learned to flank behind incoming mobs and kite some away from those kill-stealing NPCs. Battles are awesome when you have non-lame pet jugs and Wide Scan. I can usually get 2-3k per battle if I'm there from when it starts, to get maximum tag time to keep the cap high.

It's good to have old-school campaign battles back again. I just like the "tactical FPS" way it plays. Every now and then there will be 30 people in a zone and stuff dies too fast, but I had one battle where I was the only one fighting and got 2500... and then I forgot to check the union chest. At 78 with Nazuna, no merits, Maneater and Aurore, I could usually solo one campaign grunt just before the pet dies. And then I'll /stay the pet to recover HP, with the break time going to increasing my cap.

And that's without trying to scramble to battles. I'll just keep Nazuna out and go read some intarwebs to save a jug.
      Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
      99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
      F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
      >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Again Caedire Mire (sp) is Bst heaven. Well actually its great for Bst, Blu and Smn (although Blu and Smn could easily handle pre level cap raise). And with Abyssea going on, theirs not many people there.

Unless theirs another specific reason your doing campaign, id say hit Mire. 1 fly EASILY takes out an imp. In some cases 2 imps. IMO it is much better than campaign xp wise. You can join in fight for faster kills or just put flies on (then maybe dia II) and sit back/relax. Chain 5 were easy to obtain when theres enough available (sometimes theres like 10 blus there ><)

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
        -Verth (90) Completed!!
        -Guttler (95) Completed!
        -Aegis just started

Comment

Had another one of those abyssea parties... In 10 hours, I took BLM from 10k into 71 to capped xp @ 80 and 7 merits. Total xp earned in that 10 hours was ~520,000, so 52k/hr at the end of the night.

I only went in w/ 2 stones, so I was only really hoping to ding 72. I was NOT prepared! I didn't have any of my 75 gear or any spells past Blizz IV and thundaga III... I left w/ 485 minutes...

It was a lot of fun and I"m glad that I didn't have to spend all my time sync'd in Vunkerl!
          Last edited by Truece; 08-13-2010, 10:16 AM.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
          WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

I just got a chocobo egg. wheeee!

Comment

BST 80 now

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
              Again Caedire Mire (sp) is Bst heaven. Well actually its great for Bst, Blu and Smn (although Blu and Smn could easily handle pre level cap raise). And with Abyssea going on, theirs not many people there.
              And it's also magian trial heaven these days. Last time I tried that in the low 60s, the mobs were all being killed by 75s (this was before the cap was raised). And as I said before, I like campaign battles. When I'm getting 2000-3000 a battle without having to pay attention every moment or my pet uncharms and eats me, I'm cool with a little slower XP.

Also, that zone is BFE as far as I'm concerned. I do not HP in Whitegate, because I just do not like ToAU areas. They're ucking fugly and I don't like having to dodge imps. And WoTG zones are a retrace or retrace scroll away. With nearly 200K AN to my name, 500 AN is cheap for a retrace scroll that takes me a short walk from where I can get another one. Also, Sanction doesn't give you a defensive bonus like Signet and Sigil... WTF? Sigil has both that and cheap latent regen+refresh.
              Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
              99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
              F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
              >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Tumbler Trunks
                Cognition Belt

Goodies for my RDM!

I saw a video of a BST soloing Baba Yaga with Dipper Yuly so I think I'll go for a Aristo Belt on my own time.
                sigpic

Comment

In the past week, I've gotten BLM and DRG to 80 and capped, capped elemental magic and polearm skill and got my magic-happy hands on the full set of Ancient Magic II, thanks to Abyssea.

And I may have discovered why Gadalar is always the first General to die ._.;

Comment

Un-accomplishment: Apparently after a couple months of sparse play I've become a noob rdm again. I was pissing this blue mage right the hell off earlier because I kept casting refresh on him. (/_\ )
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I'm unaware as to why though?
                      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Yeah, so was I. Blue mage got a self-cast refresh that is 4mp/tick over my 3 mp/tick, but it is actually overwrittten by rdm refresh so I kept downgrading his mp.
                        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

It's not really downgrading since Rdm refresh lasts longer, if I remember right, both refresh spells restore the same amount of MP.

Not that big a deal though.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Got my Fishing to level 17 this weekend. It's been slow going but a lot of fun. I think 600 fish into the Lu Shang's Rod quest is a clear sign of addiction.
                            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                            Name: Drjones
                            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                              Yeah, so was I. Blue mage got a self-cast refresh that is 4mp/tick over my 3 mp/tick, but it is actually overwrittten by rdm refresh so I kept downgrading his mp.
                              Ya it was odd having a BLU ask me not to refresh (or haste actually) them.
                              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Decidied to make it 'mission days' last two days.

Hopped on my Bst
                                Solo'd the Khimaira 13 ToAU mission
                                Solo'd the Mamool on a Wivre ToAU mission
                                Solo'd Airship fight (for a friend)
                                Walked 2 other friends through CoP 8-2

i did CoP pre lvl cap...kinda wish i did ToAU that way too but wasnt too interseted at the time

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                                -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                                -Verth (90) Completed!!
                                -Guttler (95) Completed!
                                -Aegis just started

Comment

Working...
                                X