X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post
    Two Gothic Gauntlets...the hell?

I just soloed Morille Mortelle on SCH. Did it by throwing Cryohelix and Bio II at it while running it around a loop in Crawlers Nest (S).

Even better...it dropped Spurrer Beret!
    That NM is soooo awful lol, congrats on the drop, it took us like 15 kills to get it for my shellmate.

0/potato on several NMs the last few days, Mind Hoarder/Sluagh/Goaftrap/Goblintrap are all stingy as hell, but at least BR was nice:

just need the 25 for Marduk legs now!
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I finished leveling my subjobs for the time being, 37 WHM, BLM. Now I can get back to working on my Red Mage, which means figuring out how to do my macros better.
      Ugh, this could be a long project.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Lleu's Charm from Mind Hoarder tonight, 1/9...made up for being outclaimed by the same guy 3 straight pops at Goaftrap/Goblintrap.

Aaaand later in the night, after never seeing a single one drop since they've been released, we get 2 Commodore Tricornes, with the mother of all ironies being that the one person who has been on COR main lot since the inception of our shell a year ago was not at the run to collect one. I, however, did walk away with one, making me 5/5 finally!

Comment

Oh, it hurts so much. Not really an "accomplishment", but it does appeal to big number syndrome.
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Hahaha, that is why I developed Stomeskin OCD when taking my WHM into Besieged. Just be thankful it wasn't Mamool Ja. I've had Overthrow hit my WHM for well over 8k before.
            Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
            Reiko Takahashi
            - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Duoed mission 2-3. The war died but we won with me having 24hp left. That was a blast.
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Both earrings tonight in a 2 hour span, 1/2 on Goblintrap and 1/7 on Goaftrap.

Comment

Does having the best party ever count as an accomplishment? Of course it does.

I finally got back to leveling Red Mage and tonight's trip to 45 was quite satisfying. My friend showed up tonight after a month long hiatus and since we were both bored with no real goals for the night we decided to go leveling somewhere. We decide to head for Western Altepa Desert to fight some Beetles. Along the way I managed to stumble across an entire party full of people who know what the hell they're doing. I was utterly dumbfounded. Our party looked something like this:

Red Mage - Me. I do an ok job of things.

Monk - My friend, he punches things until they fall down. He's a very intimidating Taru.

Paladin - Tarus can't be Paladins, right? Wrong! Seriously some of the best hate generation I've seen. The mobs looked at me once, maybe twice, during the four hours we partied. He also managed to not bleed all over the carpet, which was impressive.

Thief - Why are the Galka Thieves always the best ones? He was a seasoned puller and probably the first thief I've run across who asked for a SATA setup. He also managed to not pull when my MP was empty, something not many accomplish.

Dark Knight - For all the crap people give Dark Knights, this guy just disproved all of it. I made damn sure to keep refresh on him, because he made it worthwhile. Such spell slinging never have I seen before from a Dark Knight. Hell, he was helping me sleep links and Bind stuff to help keep the party from wiping at one point. Who knew?

Dancer - Holy Bajesus, Dancer makes everything better. Why they aren't in demand the way Corsairs and Bards are for exp parties, I'll never know. Ours was a Japanese player, so communication was limited but he stuck around for the whole thing even when we had a few mishaps and downtime. So damn many steps and sambas, this guy was a maniac. My only regret is that I couldn't properly tell him how awesome he was, and instead had to make an attempt using the Auto-translator.

So we made our way to Western Altepa Desert and set up wiping out beetles. It's a bit hectic, what with links and repops sneaking up on us, but we're at the tail end of the level range so we're handling it just fine. I'm relying on converts to keep on my feet, but there's enough support that the few times I did run empty it didn't even come close to a wipe.

All too soon I leveled up and the exp started to dry up, so we took a short break to figure out what to do next. I would have been content to end the night there. It had already been a fantastic run, but I didn't know where to go next. Thankfully my party did. We broke sync and headed for the Quicksand Caves.

We made our way to one end of the zone and started pulling in some beetles. They were tougher and a bit more taxing on the mp pool, but otherwise fine.

Unfortunately we were stuck with the less than ideal camp, which meant there were some ants to clear out if we wanted to get to the rest of the beetles. Damn were those some challenging fights. Every time we had to pull one of those, it ended up with me burning convert and still having next to no mp by the end of the fight.

One of the ants almost did us in. Our thief pulled one when my mp was already a little weathered, and somehow everything went wrong. I think our Paladin ran out of mp or something because he was suddenly in the red and I was fumbling for convert so I could cure him. Then he was down. This was the "Oh shit" moment. I flipped on Chainspell and raised him only to see another Taru, our monk, bite the dust. At this point we all had the sense to both call for a retreat as well as the sense to act on it. Some of our party was still under the Gravity effect from one of the TP moves. I tossed out a Gravity on the ant while the party retreated. Covering our not so swift-footed thief, the Dark Knight and I both cast Bind on the ant which stuck long enough for our party to make it to the zone line.

Alas, our Taru monk lay dead inside. Shortly after he recovered our Thief let us know that he would have to leave us soon. After about 15 minutes and someone leveling up it was time for him to depart, unless someone else was close to a level up. Turns out I only had 75 exp to go, so we tore through one last Beetle, declared victory and all celebrated having experienced a pretty rad party.

I do hope I'll get to see some of those folks again. I really had a lot of fun tonight.
                  Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                  Name: Drjones
                  Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Both earrings tonight in a 2 hour span, 1/2 on Goblintrap and 1/7 on Goaftrap.
                    Congratulations! I know a COR who has been trying to get those earrings for a while. The new NMs are a bitch, aren't they? I'm so glad there are very few of them I want (as you know, I got one of them already).
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah I got really lucky on those drops, I've seen many reports of people going 1/40ish with stronger TH than what I had. I just need the two Lycopodium rings next and I'm all done with new NMs.

Comment

I saw a shout for a "pet" LS and I joined. That night we killed all 8 NMs in Vaule [S].

3 merits in Sic.
                        PSN ID: Kelshan
                        Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                        Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                        sigpic

Comment

Saturday: Went 1 for 6 against Lamina after spending the past week camping off and on, for the Kusha's ring.

Sunday: 1 for 4 since Saturday evening against Hyakinthos for the Lava's ring. Now have an Acc +12, Atk +6, Def +6 ring set.

Today: After twelve claims and ridiculous time spent camping (more or less non-stop since getting Lava's), Belladonna finally hands over my Virtuoso belt.

It has been a busy few days for loot.

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
                            Saturday: Went 1 for 6 against Lamina after spending the past week camping off and on, for the Kusha's ring.

Sunday: 1 for 4 since Saturday evening against Hyakinthos for the Lava's ring. Now have an Acc +12, Atk +6, Def +6 ring set.

Today: After twelve claims and ridiculous time spent camping (more or less non-stop since getting Lava's), Belladonna finally hands over my Virtuoso belt.

It has been a busy few days for loot.
                            Did you have a form of TH? What job did you fight them with and were any tough?
                            75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                            RANK 10 Bastok
                            CoP: Done
                            ZM: Done
                            ToA: Done
                            Assault rank: Captain
                            Campaign Medal: Medals
                            Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                            This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post

fffffffffffffffffffffff

0/8 so far on Hyakinthos with TH2 and I've been outclaimed 4 out of the last 5 I've camped, and Lamina's window keeps overlapping the last few days so I can't camp both.

as for me, the Salvage pieces I actually want/need won't drop for my life, but at least I'm picking up some some shinies for my seldom-used BRD:

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                                Did you have a form of TH? What job did you fight them with and were any tough?
                                The first three or four fights against Lamina were /NIN, then I realized that the NM was weak enough that my sub didn't matter, so I went /THF. On the drop it also happened to be full moon, which ought to be taken into account. Lamina was ridiculously easy. Only special moves were En-slow and TP reset (which he spammed). The En-slow was blocked by Haste, so there was no threat.

All of the Hyakinthos attempts were all /THF, during waning moon. This one was a trickier (though that's not saying much), Hyakinthos has the same TP reset, but has En-paralyze. Even with impressive proc rates, I was never in any danger. Bio, Poison, and Ice Spikes did all the work. Note that Hyakinthos may be immune to Paralyze.

I underestimated Belladonna, whose En-drain effect and Bloody caress did a number on me before I buffed up the first time. I saw fit to /NIN and keep shadows just to be prudent, but I may have not needed it.

It's Double Attack proc'd often and went through shadows quickly. Viscid Emission was more or less a non-issue, maybe saw three Amnesia procs in all the times I fought it, and it used the attack about three times per fight. Belladonna was a pushover defensively, going down even quicker than Lamina or Hyakinthos. This makes sense given that the first two yielded merit points while Belladonna gave nothing, I'd wager the first two were of higher level. The drop (having come roughly an hour ago as of this post), was during the waxing moon.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
                                fffffffffffffffffffffff

0/8 so far on Hyakinthos with TH2 and I've been outclaimed 4 out of the last 5 I've camped, and Lamina's window keeps overlapping the last few days so I can't camp both.

as for me, the Salvage pieces I actually want/need won't drop for my life, but at least I'm picking up some some shinies for my seldom-used BRD:

I had no intention of trying to camp both. I found it best to focus on the one until I got what I want, then move on to the other. Their respawn times are far too short to treat them like Argus or Mysticmaker.

And things could be worse, I have a measly Acc/Atk ring set. The only hope I have of seeing Morrigan's robe is if I win the Mog Bonanza.

Comment

Working...
                                X