Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Who says you never sub SAM? I do merits with DRK/SAM's all the time. Just invite either a WAR/NIN or NIN/WAR to be voke bitch and it's fine, they have Third Eye for accidental aggro pulls, Drain/Dread Spikes if they still have it, and by that time the bird should already be dead. Endgame wise unless you're fighting something that's completely not melee friendly and resists Souleater then /SAM still works, if not then you shouldn't be bringing a DRK there anyway. Shit even in Sky /SAM is good if you have enough people /THF for planting hate.
    Cleverness - Hades
    75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
    DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

{Mercurial Kris} {mine} >:O

It's funny. this was something i couldn't wait to get for my thf. Now that i got it, I don't feel as great about it as I though I would... LMFAO! 3.2m. it's sold for 3.3-3.5m over the past 2 weeks so if i dont feel like im getting a good ROI, i can sell it and maybe make 100k or so...

the only other thing i was looking at doing with the gil was either MK or Ixion Cape and Alkys or Sorcerers Ring and Alkys. I started weighing how much each piece would actually change or affect my game play, and that's why I settled on MK. Really, what's +2 str going to do? Is it worth 700k? Sorcerer's ring probably had the most appeal, but... I just started thinking of how I'd have to move my hp from like 980 to 735 to keep the latent active. the easiest ay to do it would be to macro in -hp equipment, but that's alot of damn equipment to macro in to reduce hp by 250. The only other thing i could think of was using a poison potion or just let a mob whack you a couple times. Thinking about it made my head hurt so i settled for the MK...

after rambling through this post I feel like it should be on the bored at work no threads to derail btw...
      75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
      RANK 10 Bastok
      CoP: Done
      ZM: Done
      ToA: Done
      Assault rank: Captain
      Campaign Medal: Medals
      Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
      This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I got to make use of my notecard full of idiot players last night and dodged an invite from a shady JP player who has a habit of inviting me to his parties and then sits on his taru-rump leeching exp.

So instead I ended up roaming the dunes with 2 Elvaan warriors pummeling things for an hour or so. 3 DDs roaming isn't that bad actually. It wasn't great exp, but it was a nice break from having to think on a mage job. Just punch the mobs until they fall over, then go find another one and repeat.
        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
        Name: Drjones
        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Mercurial Kris is situationally good, but can do epic fail damage for DPS. I mean its nice to be able to get close to your 100 tp in 30 sec so you can SA+WS TS+WS twice in a minute though.

I remember fighting that battle and my friend popping everything and I'm like standing there saying WTF, becuz no one explained to me how the battle works. That was an epic fail too. u_u

Personally, if I were you, I would have bought the Sorc Ring. Because if you sub SCH (assuming your 75) you can just Sublimation to get your HP down to yellow; even in lieu of your HP -> MP convert gear swap.

If you want to talk about sexy, we can get dirty about Sorc Ring.
          °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
          sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

RE-subbing for the nth time is my latest accomplishment
            "OH NO! A BOURGEOIS BIG-BOLLOCKED BOILER!!!!! THATS ALL I NEED", Conker The Squirrel, 2001
            www.raspberrypi.org
            Oi may be from the West Coutry but i'm not a hobbit, a pirate or a farmer me old shagger

Comment

M Kris is basically a zerg weapon.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

For the horde..............!
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
                sigpic

Comment

Just finished the latest Windurst WotG mission yesterday.

Cobra Staff {mine}

Looks like they're turning out to be a prequel to the Windurst rank missions. But I just got to say, this latest cutscene involving Fenrir and Tzee Xicu the Manifest (won't say more than that) is how a cutscene is supposed to be done.

Not so much of an accomplishment, but I also got my very first phishing tells...:

Picture

I responded "Up yours", but it said he was Away.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post
                    During the Moogle Ease of Transportation I actually warped to Bastok Mines and confronted one of the ones who've given me that message... he MH'd silently from me. I think they have some kinda macro that spams /tells alphabetically then blk lists you right after so you can't message back. Maybe there's some setting I'm unaware of that they've turned on to filter me but any RMT spam I get, I am unable to respond to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway... kinda been taking it slow lately on the FFxi front... but:

Got Dynamis-Qufim clear finally... we weren't taking the Giga's dmg cap away prior to attempting the fight. Ez fight once that was done. Now we can finally get Dyna-Tav going, YAY!!

I've gotten all ready for A Shantoto Ascension's final fight (acquired all hexes) ... furthest I've delved into the mini-spansions so far. I have to say after watching the 8% movement in action + Kupo power sprint, I might have to make some idle DNC legs with that augment to add to chocobo jig instead of something for my SAM (knock off kitty pants... or something more WS oriented). The SAM legs are f'n ugly but I haven't seen what the DNC Shantoto legs look like yet (laptop dead and work is blocked)... decisions decisions...
                    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Finally got SAM to 37, had a really fun party that helped grind the last 5 levels and even added a few to my friends list. Other than that probably gonna start leveling WAR(currently 25) to 37, which is gonna be another huge pain and if I can get help, do LB1.
                      80BRD/78DRK/68RNG/49NIN/37SAM/37WAR/37WHM/19BLM/16SMN/15THF
                      Hume/Bastok/Rank6/Remora:

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                        M Kris is basically a zerg weapon.
                        I've heard about zerging with a MK but how does that work? That would mean a DRK/NIN would be using a MK and mainhanding an AXE?
                        RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                          I've heard about zerging with a MK but how does that work? That would mean a DRK/NIN would be using a MK and mainhanding an AXE?
                          Drk usually doesn't sub ninja in zerg fights. It's usually drk/sam and they offhand an HP shield.
                          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                            Drk usually doesn't sub ninja in zerg fights. It's usually drk/sam and they offhand an HP shield.
                            Hmmm... a drk mainhanding a MK doesn't strike me as "Zerging."
                            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Never heard of a DRK zerging with MK and a shield, but it would make sense, because all your damage comes from SoulEater. It obviously would be an HP build/acc build, buffed by Haste etc etc.

Though, I thought the real Zerging DRK was KC/MK BloodWeapon+Soul Eater etc etc.

But technically you can zerg with a Rune Axe with Last Resort and Desperate Blows. That produced good damage from what I saw.

I've always wanted to see a MNK/DRK Hundred Fists+Soul Eater. Heard of it... but elusive to the sight...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post
                                Just finished the latest Windurst WotG mission yesterday.

Cobra Staff {mine}

Looks like they're turning out to be a prequel to the Windurst rank missions. But I just got to say, this latest cutscene involving Fenrir and Tzee Xicu the Manifest (won't say more than that) is how a cutscene is supposed to be done.

Not so much of an accomplishment, but I also got my very first phishing tells...:

Picture

Umm Ketaru, what server you on?
                                Originally posted by Van Wilder
                                Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                                Originally posted by Taskmage
                                No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                                Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                                I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Working...
                                X