Obtained Cure by stealing the mob that dropped it from a RMT

Got WAR up to 21
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Got MNK to 20 PTing with friends. They also helped me gather SJ items and now I can use a SJ again. The great thing about starting over is all the was old is new again!
      sigpic
      Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

BLU to 34 and SAM Iron Anvil'd to 40. And a much larger crafting blitz than I usually do, but it was mostly to make moneys and guild points and clear out inventory, so cooking and alchemy only got one more level each. But now it's Carbonara time. Huzzah!
        Ellipses on Fenrir
        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
        . . .

Comment

BST to 25 (yay, I can finally dump pet TP so I don't get Cursed Sphere in the face when the pet goes uncharmed!)

Also got Phlegethon's Trousers from a locked chest in Valkurm. (Twice. >.<) Which was nice since I was being gimp and still wearing my RSE1.

And both my Auspice and Cura scrolls sold for 20k. Yay for extra farming.

Originally posted by Armando View Post
          Stuff FFXIClopedia definitely should say, but doesn't
          There is an "Edit" button, you know.
          Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
          99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
          F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
          >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

There is an "Edit" button, you know.
            I know, and I'm making use of it, now that I've actually experienced and won the fight.

But it's absolutely inexcusable that after 4, almost 5 years of CoP being out, not a single person edited the Wiki to say "Yo, this guy has Counter. It also won't turn. Put two and two together..." Or "Hey. None of the mobs can dodge to save their lives." The former causes NINs to lose extra shadows unexpectedly and PLDs to get punched in the face for 200 damage unnecessarily. The latter causes DDs to pop sushi and basically go the whole fight foodless. Every failure costs a lot of money in this mission...so it's a damned shame that this lack of information handicaps groups.

Comment

After seeing this (part in the red box):

I've given up all hope of the wiki having correct/useful information that I can trust without issue.

Now, I take it with a grain of salt.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Okay double post incoming. SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY!?!?! Divine Seal doesn't have fucking magic accuracy, ELEMENTAL SEAL DOES, so the WHM used the CORRECT JOB ABILITY you idiots.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

To be fair, the person who edited that in did it under "Tesitimonials."

When you get to the testimonial section, you can expect a certain degree of bullshit and/or epeen to be in there.

Originally posted by Armando
                Other general bits of information that helped us a lot and definitely would've been nice if FFXIClopedia emphasized:
                1) The name of the game is "hate control" and "survivability." Damaging the weapons isn't nearly as much of an issue as staying alive is. Having every DD eat Defense food, and avoiding Berserk during Omega (which will frequently leave all melees without shadows) went a long way towards making the fight go smoothly. If caught without shadows, IMMEDIATELY cancel Berserk and pop Defender. It WILL make a difference and staying alive is top priority. Do NOT pull hate if you can help it. The weapons can eat you alive very quickly, and if it wanders over to the mages, it could AoE and wipe them.
                If I recall, hate control is hard to do in some spots of the fight because the weapons have hate reset when they do Pile Pitch. So long as the backline and melees aren't overdoing it, this isn't a tremendous problem, but for an overcuring WHM, SCH, RDM or overnuking BLM, it can be.

Nukes should be done in moderation here, just like most other fights. But some BLMs are just so braindead from solo/manaburn that they don't know anything but to always go all out. So ya gotta tell em to hold back.

2) Do NOT risk dying. Heavily injured melees should retreat to the back line with the mages until their HP is healed and their shadows are back up.
                Actually, this is emphasized in all guides I've ever seen regarding the fight, but is usually emphasized as "don't die on Omega's side of the ship."

Also, telling people to run to the backline with the mages is a terrible idea because what if that melee has hate and Ultima/Omega decide to AoE at that moment? The mages should be positioned at one side of where you entered the ship. If a melee is in trouble, he should run to the side that is away from the mages, which keeps the melee out of harm's way if he doesn't have hate and has a smaller chance of endangering the mages if he does..

3) WHMs, Flash! BLMs, Stun! As much as you possibly can! Again, both weapons hit like trucks, and not only do they hit like trucks, they hit faster than a normal mob. Flash and Stun/Head Butt will literally prevent thousands of damage, save dozens of shadows, conserve hundreds of MP and ultimately cause the healers to generate less hate in the long run (as well as giving your tank a LOT of relief.)
                If the NIN has a decent evasion build, you have a BRD and a BLU, none of that may even be needed. Elegy, Slow and Spiral Spin murder a weapon's ability to hit the tank or even the melee. That's not to say Flash and Stun aren't useful for this fight, but they're not they only way to go about keeping it under control.

Additionally, WHMs and SCHs can mitigate damage further with Acession Stoneskin or Solaced Cures. These two things can help a PT's ability to survive as well.

4) Skillchains aren't recommended, as the closer or the BLM could pull hate. This is especially dangerous against Omega because of its high attack speed, Counter, and dangerous TP moves, but Ultima also hits hard enough to make it a concern. Save this kind of thing for the end when you want to finish off the weapons as quickly as possible before they get out of your control.
                As I said earlier, BLMs and SCHs (RNGs too) should do thier damage in moderation rather than go all out all the time. This puts skillchains out the window. That said, I can't emphasize the importance of DoTs enough. Since this is a defensive fight, forget Dia and let the BLM Bio II here, especially for Omega

5) Hi-Potions generate a lot of hate. They generate 1 CE and 640 VE, the very same hate as Bind and Blind, even if they heal 0 HP. That's over 2 Boosts or 1/3 of a Provoke. These will be your tank's best friend. Should he/she lose hate and their hate tools be down, they can simply spam these until hate is reestablished. This is especially useful to NIN tanks. On the other hand, melees should avoid spiking their hate by using multiple potions in a row.
                Not to mention Hi-Po0t tanks are easy to get via Assault and the AH. There's no reason not to invest in them.

6) Omega is, in my opinion, far tougher than Ultima. Pull all the stops against it; if you can make it to Ultima in one piece, the worst is over
                Agreed, its important to put down Omega quickly. If you die once to Omega, they you might make it. Die twice and its time to quit. In fact, I'd invest more CCB pumps on Omega than I'd worry about them for Ultima - Elegy, Slow and Spiral Spin are that much win. If you can get to Ultima with 15-20 mins to spare, you have enough time to win.
                Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 04-11-2009, 11:02 AM.

Comment

True, but I wish I knew who wrote that so I can slap them. It amazes me how few people know the mechanics of this game.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well when people run around full-timing a full relic set, that pretty much tells you their lack of knowledge of the mechanics behind the game. I'm amazed EGLSes still tolerate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                      Well when people run around full-timing a full relic set, that pretty much tells you their lack of knowledge of the mechanics behind the game. I'm amazed EGLSes still tolerate it.

I run around in full PLD or SAM relic >.> (in town that is )
                      Originally posted by Van Wilder
                      Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                      Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                      I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Also, telling people to run to the backline with the mages is a terrible idea because what if that melee has hate and Ultima/Omega decide to AoE at that moment? The mages should be positioned at one side of where you entered the ship. If a melee is in trouble, he should run to the side that is away from the mages, which keeps the melee out of harm's way if he doesn't have hate and has a smaller chance of endangering the mages if he does..
                        Well, I figured it'd be obvious that you shouldn't be hauling ass with Omega in tow, since that doesn't serve much of a purpose.
                        If the NIN has a decent evasion build, you have a BRD and a BLU, none of that may even be needed. Elegy, Slow and Spiral Spin murder a weapon's ability to hit the tank or even the melee. That's not to say Flash and Stun aren't useful for this fight, but they're not they only way to go about keeping it under control.
                        Sadly we had neither BRD nor BLU, so the NIN had to deal with a mob that attacked less than every 4 seconds at all points in the fight. Either way, Flashing is still better than Curing, and with AoEs taking shadows at random times, it never really hurts to Flash so the NIN has better chances of having shadows up if a TP move occurs.

The reason I put emphasis on it is because many mages are naturally reluctant to use those two spells, and even more so in this mission since the Weapons are so much more dangerous than an IT++ mob. Seeing it in a guide is enough to convince most people, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                          But it's absolutely inexcusable that after 4, almost 5 years of CoP being out, not a single person edited the Wiki to say "Yo, this guy has Counter. It also won't turn.
                          Apparently in however many years, nobody edited Biast's entry to say "sound aggro", much less "sound aggro with the range of magic/blood aggro". Then one day I become a squeaky chew toy while some of us are just sizing him up.

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                          True, but I wish I knew who wrote that so I can slap them. It amazes me how few people know the mechanics of this game.
                          Or even how to type "~~~~" in their wiki Discussion page edits. You can find out if you're willing to muck around in the history, but it's a pain in the arse.
                          Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                          99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                          F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                          >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

It wasn't even on the discussion page, that's the problem. All that shit should be there, especially wrong shit like that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Managed to solo about 3k limit points with FoV in Cape Terrigan, and get 70 weapon skill points on my Club of Trials, all by my lonesome tonight.

Soloing is challenging so it's at least reasonably fun, but I'd rather do things with like, other people. :/ At any rate, at least my 2 hours or so worth of time wasn't completely wasted, and I got more points than I thought I would.
                              sigpic

Comment

Just now!

Last edited by LilithAngel; 04-12-2009, 05:10 PM. Reason: zOMG I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURVE THIS THING!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDD

Comment

Working...
                                X