Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Jeez, it's only taken me 15 months of playing (aka dicking around) to achieve... rank 5. Go team airship.
    Server: Unicorn | Main: Yara | LS: Peacekeepers
    RDM 49 · BLM 40 · WHM 36 · DNC 34 · DRG 24

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
      Or SE could make scrolls Rare/Ex. Either of.
      Well when the new WHM scrolls only drop off mobs that only ever have 6 spawns at any one time it gets extremely annoying when honest people who actually need the scrolls try to get them.

Honestly if you give people the option of buying a scroll of farming a scroll most people will farm it, especially if the scroll can be obtained in an area with other mobs that can be farmed (SSG, Kuftal Altepa, Yhoator all are lucrative places to farm or fish in the case of SSG if you know what you are doing).

The people who will get the scrolls from NPCs are people who want thier new toys NOW instead of waiting for Christmas and the people who buy off the AH for an inflated price without checking NPC prices or mob drop rates are either stealing from their EGLS or are just idiots
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I just didn't have time to go farm them. I logged in the other day, went to Fafnir, then Behemoth, then got my spells, then went to Salvage, where I actually did need them.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Sam 51
          FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
          FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
          aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

As for accomplishments, made about 250k so far on the egg hunt deal. I do approximately a 5 minute cycle trading and logging between mules (4 mules in both Windy and Sandy, I'd try Bastok but my laptop doesn't agree with Bastok too well, on top of tri-boxing), means 4 eggs per hour per town, making me big bucks.

I will probably tire of it sometime this afternoon, at which point I will cut prices in half and beg in shout until someone buys the very last egg, then give all the gil to my main.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
              As for accomplishments, made about 250k so far on the egg hunt deal. I do approximately a 5 minute cycle trading and logging between mules (4 mules in both Windy and Sandy, I'd try Bastok but my laptop doesn't agree with Bastok too well, on top of tri-boxing), means 4 eggs per hour per town, making me big bucks.
              I really wish I could take advantage of this but I'm soooo busy trying to get other crap done that people are depending on me for, I haven't found the time to figure it out.
              FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
              FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
              aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

This is why it's handy to have two accounts.

Also, there wasn't anything going on yesterday since all the NQ kings popped early. So I took advantage of that and dual-muled it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                  The people who will get the scrolls from NPCs are people who want thier new toys NOW instead of waiting for Christmas and the people who buy off the AH for an inflated price without checking NPC prices or mob drop rates are either stealing from their EGLS or are just idiots
                  Speaking of idiots, a lot of RDMs are buying the new enspells for 50k-70k each.
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Meh, screw the RDM scrolls. My boyfriend was like, "Wanna go farm some?" I told him I'm not competing over regular mobs like they're a Fafnir pop. I realize he was wanting to make some quick gil, but it's not even worth it when two dozen others are already doing the same thing.
                    sigpic

Comment

At Dragon's Aery:

^_________^
                      Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

1/2 on CoP 6-4 U/O fight. There was also 1 dry run and 1 other run that was botched early on and we simply weren't winning (NIN forgot his shihei bags, so he ran out of shihei mid-fight.)

Highly disappointed in FFXIClopedia's coverage on the mission. It left out a lot of important things. Erecia's, too, but it's unreasonable to expect so much out of one person's personal CoP guide. The wiki is at least edited and maintained by dozens of players.

Gonna be editing that wiki tonight.

Comment

Oh man that fight was a nightmare for my crew >.< took us two weeks (we only get together on sundays) to finally get past the damn fight! Ill be looking forward to seeing w/e updates you make to the wiki page for this fight.
                          Originally posted by Van Wilder
                          Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                          Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                          I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

I've pretty much gained all of my belongings back in gil during the first few days of the Egg Hunt event.

I quit playing FFXI in May of last year and gave away all of my gear and supplies (All the HQs, stacks of Shihei/Echo Drops/Ginger Cookies - everything) to one of my friends for the specific purpose of selling them - of course at the time I thought I wasn't coming back.

At first I was sort of regretting coming back to a lvl 59 WHM stuck behind a limit break, but I can pick up right where I left off with the so far 900k raised. :D
                            Last edited by Audioma; 04-10-2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Hexx: I can give you a quick rundown right now.

Stuff FFXIClopedia definitely should say, but doesn't:
                              1) Neither the Mammets nor the Weapons can dodge to save their lives. Sushi is a complete waste for this fight. Woodsman Rings and Sniper's Rings are also useless and will hurt your defenses.
                              2) Mammets also have extremely low Defense. Because of this, and the fact that they can still hit fairly hard and have low Accuracy, all melees that will be tanking a Mammet should forget about Attack and Accuracy and focus on Defense and Evasion.
                              3) Omega has COUNTER and GUARD. I don't know why none of the guides mention this. However, it behaves like dragon mobs; you can run around it and it won't turn to face you. Thus the tank should run around to one of its sides, while every other melee stays in the other side (to avoid being hit by Ion Efflux's cone-shaped Paralyze.) However, try to stand more towards its front half than the rear half, or it may use Rear Laser.
                              4) Wiki mentions Jack-o'-Lanterns as a possible food for Ninjas, but I tested the Arcana Killer proc rate and it's only 5%. Don't bother.

Other general bits of information that helped us a lot and definitely would've been nice if FFXIClopedia emphasized:
                              1) The name of the game is "hate control" and "survivability." Damaging the weapons isn't nearly as much of an issue as staying alive is. Having every DD eat Defense food, and avoiding Berserk during Omega (which will frequently leave all melees without shadows) went a long way towards making the fight go smoothly. If caught without shadows, IMMEDIATELY cancel Berserk and pop Defender. It WILL make a difference and staying alive is top priority. Do NOT pull hate if you can help it. The weapons can eat you alive very quickly, and if it wanders over to the mages, it could AoE and wipe them.
                              2) Do NOT risk dying. Heavily injured melees should retreat to the back line with the mages until their HP is healed and their shadows are back up.
                              3) WHMs, Flash! BLMs, Stun! As much as you possibly can! Again, both weapons hit like trucks, and not only do they hit like trucks, they hit faster than a normal mob. Flash and Stun/Head Butt will literally prevent thousands of damage, save dozens of shadows, conserve hundreds of MP and ultimately cause the healers to generate less hate in the long run (as well as giving your tank a LOT of relief.)
                              4) Skillchains aren't recommended, as the closer or the BLM could pull hate. This is especially dangerous against Omega because of its high attack speed, Counter, and dangerous TP moves, but Ultima also hits hard enough to make it a concern. Save this kind of thing for the end when you want to finish off the weapons as quickly as possible before they get out of your control.
                              5) Hi-Potions generate a lot of hate. They generate 1 CE and 640 VE, the very same hate as Bind and Blind, even if they heal 0 HP. That's over 2 Boosts or 1/3 of a Provoke. These will be your tank's best friend. Should he/she lose hate and their hate tools be down, they can simply spam these until hate is reestablished. This is especially useful to NIN tanks. On the other hand, melees should avoid spiking their hate by using multiple potions in a row.
                              6) Omega is, in my opinion, far tougher than Ultima. Pull all the stops against it; if you can make it to Ultima in one piece, the worst is over.
                              Last edited by Armando; 04-10-2009, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Shit, had I know this before it woulda made it a whole lot easier. As if Omega's added stun effect wasnt enough, his high attack rate made it almost impossible to keep my hate routine as PLD for this fight. Ill keep this in mind for future runs since our usual WHM didnt log on and still needs this fight as well -.-
                                Originally posted by Van Wilder
                                Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                                Originally posted by Taskmage
                                No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                                Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                                I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Working...
                                X