Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Originally posted by Szkol View Post
    I logged in yesterday for the first time after I got married and went to find a Colibri party in Wajaom, and stumbled upon a pick-up group going Mission 5-1 and 5-2! Lucky me!
    Congrats...

I'm jealous. It's actually one of my peeves... I've been told for months "maybe another day" regarding 5.1 and 5.2. I get requests to help out on ZM missions but can never get the LS to rally for me to be able to answer their cries of "help"...
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
      Congrats...

I'm jealous. It's actually one of my peeves... I've been told for months "maybe another day" regarding 5.1 and 5.2. I get requests to help out on ZM missions but can never get the LS to rally for me to be able to answer their cries of "help"...
      I have the exact same issues as you- my LS claims to be doing Nation Missions and ZMs and CoPs, but I can only recall 3 such events that ever occurred. It's mostly just a social LS with the core group made of of folks who know each other IRL- all great people but not really motivated to get anything done.

I somehow got invited to an Assault / Sky shell with my highest char. at level 50, so I'm just working my way up to be able to participate in those events.

I should mention that noone from either of my LS's helped on this particular run- 100% pickup group.
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Comment

I've had some surprisingly good pick up runs in the past. Divine Might, Bahamut v1., the entire ToAU mission line. CoP fails at pick up. Static onry. Rank missions are mostly easy, just not all of them are soloable.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
          TGM says if you have BLM you won't ever play anything else ... bullshit ... I haven't seen my BLM in weeks. WHM onry.
          Different servers, different outlooks.

Of course if you have whm leveled you'll usually get hauled out there on that job because for some reason whm has a high turnover rate. People get sick of it and either level another job and refuse to play whm or if the ls don't give them that option, they leave. Whm is a staple in end game so getting pinned down to whm or blm is quite common. Ls's love throwing blm's at a lot of stuff in endgame and thats why you can get pigeon holed into that job if you have it leveled.....same with whm. I have both leveled, along with other jobs, but I rarely come on anthing but whm or blm. And I absolutely HATE blm so I'm usually on whm now. (Besides that since the ls reformed we only have 2 steady whm and one alt.) As soon as they get another steady whm (that doesn't have blm leveled), I'm sure I'll be back on blm again....../sigh

And, fyi, means I'm teasing.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I completed CoP 8-4 last night.

We went 1/3 on it.
            4 SAMs, 1BLM, 1WHM

First run: Strategy...zerg him

We Zerged the first form, won easily.

Started to zerg the second and went down to 40% then it used the Immune to physical damage shield. I did two AM2 nukes and got hate. I listened to FFXIwiki and started kiting which caused Prishe to miss her nullifying kick. I dropped and everyone dropped after because it still had the immune to physical damage shield.

Second Run: Same strategy as the first but no kiting

Got the second form down to 60% and it amnesia, Meteor, kill whm, silence, then WHM reraised, Meteor, Two SAMs and 1 WHM went down.
            Long story short...about 45%

Third Run: Strategy was to let Prishe tank the entire fight as we keep her healed.

4SAMs just melee and WS when they could. If they got hate the would turn their back. WHM and I kept Prishe alive. I use the DoTs Burn, Choke, Shock, Bio2, and Poison2. Only Tier 2-3 nuke when the second for went immune to all damage. WHM dropped because of Meteor. It used Silenced everyone again. WHM reraised in time to catch a Meteor again and the WHM and a SAM went down. I raised the WHM after the silence wore off. When Promitha (sp?) was down to 20% and he switch to immune to magic...all 4 SAMs zerged him. We won.

I sure more happened but i have a lot of filters on.

I am extremely excited. When I get home I can do all the CSs and get my Rajas ^^
            PSN ID: Kelshan
            Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
            Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
            sigpic

Comment

Congratulations!!!
              75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
              RANK 10 Bastok
              CoP: Done
              ZM: Done
              ToA: Done
              Assault rank: Captain
              Campaign Medal: Medals
              Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
              This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Not much but got THF to 36. Had my first taste of Garlaige Citadel. I was the fisherking of course and for the two hours I only managed to pull back two links.I was the only one who died (oncè also). It was just a luck thing. I ran off to pull a beetle and just as I run back another one spawns. As soon as everyone yelled "Pop", I yelled "Damnnnnnnnn". Party took the one beetle, I kept the other one occupied and away from the others as long as I could. I'd rather take one for the team to keep the chain alive then have no chain at all. I believe we didn't have a sleeper also....but yeah, still a good time.

Also claimed Ashmaker again, but I only got the wand, again.

Comment

After 2 years of have COP and getting in Sacrarium finally make a swift belt run. Had never really noticed that this is such a bad drop. 3/8 for the day. Well at least I did it now was not nearly as hard as I thought.
                  sigpic
                  "Square Music for a Round World"
                  Final Fantasy Radio

Comment

Getting Windower to run with FFXI for 2 minutes without crashing.

Comment

Finaly learned Pinecone Bomb in Jugner Forest after hunting 25 Walking Trees, and seeing the move 20 or so times. YAY!
                      "We ride with kings on mighty steeds across the Devil's plain!" - The D

Ryddia / Nuikoa -- Ragnarok

Comment

Let's see, past few days.

~~~SMN to 75. Yay, lol.
                        ~~~3/5 Evoker's, hell, CK and I were bored and we like to collect AF sets. We'll finish this weekend.
                        ~~~Summoner's Doublet
                        ~~~Argute Gown! (Time to work on my SCH some more!)

Think that about covers it. Oh, and finished my BLM merits finally, was being lazy about Ice Potency (was 4/5) and finally got it done.

Oh yeah, also, I got the second SMN AF upgrade piece I needed from Apollyon. I'd had the Temenos piece autosort from ages ago, and packrat that I am, never tossed it. So will have some pigaches +1 on Sunday.
                        sigpic

Comment

My accomplishment is wearing myself out over friggin spreadsheets. >< AND I'm only 1/2 done. (But W00T!! HALF DONE!!) I got the Dynamis sheets done (except for a comprehensive) and Sea and Sky pops. I still have to work on ZNM's, HNM's, Pop NM's, Einherjar, Limbus, etc etc. So tonight I only had ONE damn sheet to finish and I thought "of all the zones there are, what are the chances that they'll pick the one I'm not done with yet?" Well pretty god damn good I guess!! >< Friggin Dynamis Tav.......only one I didn't have done.

I also have to get my laptop back (borrowed it to a friend) because there's no way I can handle doing events AND trying to decide who gets what drops and other bs without it! Not unless they want people to die because I'm the only friggin whm doing Dynamis Tav and shit. LOL Which reminds me....I need a refill on my headache meds ASAP. LOL
                          Originally posted by Feba
                          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                          Originally posted by DakAttack
                          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I got out of Tav tonight, but we had a member who needs an attestation so the Tav rejects got to go play in Beaucedine with a friend ls. Wrong drop though.

Tav is shorter and therefore better, but I got to go BLM to Dynamis for the first time ever. Was fun, but super weird. I was watching HP bars instead of mobs at first, trying to //cure5 instead of //freeze2. Fucking weird. I liked it well enough, but I was really out of my element. Oh well, was fun to be BLM again for a bit.

And then the AF1 and AF2 sets went right back into storage for the inventory +10!
                            sigpic

Comment

Eww I'm double posting!

~~~ Elemental 8/8. Was hovering on 6/8 for a bit. Lazy.
                              ~~~ Capped Slow II (finally meriting my RDM, wtf!)
                              ~~~ Bard 26-31.

Think that's it.

NOT SMN AF1 5/5. Serpent Sea Grotto coffer key can lick my buttocks.
                              sigpic

Comment

Managed to log on for more then an hour without my xbox overheating (Summer ><)

BLM AF1 (5/5) That NM is a bastard..
                                BLM to 62.
                                My chocobo turned into an adult (Greeen!)
                                Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
                                Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

Working...
                                X