Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
    Othee than RDMs or BRDs who actually equips Dalms anyway?
    Until you can get Morrigan's, it's good for BLMs as an idle piece, and as BLMs often pull hate, the MDB is kinda nice to have. It truly isn't useful on SMN but like I was on WHM the other day, I'll wear it to show it off.

On Bard I'd rather wear Marduk or Yigit but, well, I don't have BRD high enough yet. I do like the green though. It's pretty.

CK and I are going to do the SMN AF tomorrow for shits and giggles, we don't need it but we both enjoy collecting AF.

Oh, and I'm 71 SMN now. Also did my first set of Bahamut V2s today (easy as shit holy crap) and got an autosorted Dragon Staff that is only good if I'm capped at 40-50 on SMN, since I've got 8/8 HQ staves anyway. But oh well, I'm a packrat so inventory -1 yet again.

SE, PLEASE give us more space. :/
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

To quote Firewind (as I'm doing this from my cell):

I suppose it would be annoying after awhile, but it all depends on who you're in a party with. Our group is chill as hell so it's awesome. Even just talking after battle and having a few laughs is good.

Other than that, hit 35 on THF last night and almost at 36. Also, ran into Deadly Dodo last night. Haha, our newest member to our LS (was in the LS for like 10 minutes) happened to be running through at the same time. So we made a party, her 53 DRK and myself 34 THF go at it. Anyways, it was painful. DRK goes down but I dropped DD right after. No drop though. But even she said her skills lacked and she wasn't up to par. She was just happy to get skill ups during the fight and had no problems with it whatsoever. She rocks my socks already. Lol. Overall, fun night.

Comment

For our big events all our tanks/BRDs/BLMs are on Vent, I hate the way I sound on it and I hate wearing headphones while playing, but it really does make events much easier...Dynamis is infinitely easier when you can tell them exactly where to go and what to sleep/nuke.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I present you with my accomplishment:

Dying horrible to wyverns while trying to learn Radiant Breath!

A guy invited me out to Riverne: B01 to duo the wyverns, so I thought why not and headed on out. I have to afk for a few minutes, and he has to leave to pickup his wife, so he hops back to whitegate and logs.

Since I was in the area anyways, I thought why not try to solo 'em? So I pull a nice big fat T Pyrodrake and go to town.

And the funny thing is, it was working out rather well until my untimely demise.

I'd use Pinecone Bomb for damage, it normally did 90-110ish and 180-220ish with chain affinity. Soporific was the sleep spell of choice.

I took out about 1/5th of the wyvern's health before it killed me while I was telling my LS what I was doing

Dunno if I'll try it again. There is some concern about what happens when I let it close enough to use a WS on me. But it was fun nonetheless.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Fairy had a triple-header besieged yesterday (first I can remember since the infamous October maintenance triple), and I got 8 points of evasion skill to take me to 196/200. (2, 4, and 2) Had one just now though, and with 400 people in there, I could barely do anything. I got max score but no skillups.

Flagged the Sleepga II quest yesterday, and just now finished the series of quests ending in Siren Flute. As an item it's nothing awesome, but it's worth some gil, and I got more gil from the quests.

I got squashed by Biast today, which someone in my LS had unexpectedly popped. Ate an RR3, an R1, and a HP thanks to the big guy. We ended up letting the people waiting for Dynamis have it. 'pedia didn't say what aggro it has, but I can tell you it has sound aggro, with the range of magic/blood aggro.

And I unlocked DRK today, my last job left. I already had 30 or so kills on that stupid sword, and did about 75 more today, with a few extra just in case. I was starting to go nutty toward the end. I took WAR from zero to just below lv 9 to unlock DRK.
            Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
            99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
            F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
            >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

/hurray to 8 merits over a 4 hour time span over the weekend. BLM is nearing completion. ele magic skill 8/8, freeze II 1/1, burst II 1/1, thun pot 4/5, ice pot 3/5. One thing I'd recommend would be to level blm or sch to 75. One can only take so many nyzul bird camp merit partys before they want to tear their hair out. MB partys are fun and a great change of pace.
              75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
              RANK 10 Bastok
              CoP: Done
              ZM: Done
              ToA: Done
              Assault rank: Captain
              Campaign Medal: Medals
              Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
              This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                One thing I'd recommend would be to level blm or sch to 75.
                Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Once you get to endgame, you'll never get to play a different job again!!!

That and nobody pts with blms on my server....I'm forever doing campaign.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                  That and nobody pts with blms on my server....I'm forever doing campaign.
                  Nobody parties with blm's is correct. The key is to goto Halvung SP, run to the pudding camp, and then join up with whatever blm's are already out there. For the most part, the existing blm/sch's that are out there partying wont be looking for members, but if you get there and they don't have 6, more than likely they will want to team up. They'd rather have you in their party than have you soloing and taking up possible chain mobs for them.
                  RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Pfft not on my server! Freakin people don't like to share exp one bit! I did get asked once to party up but the person knew me and told me to change to rdm! (FYI Crash, if I wanted to exp on rdm I'D BE THERE ON MY RDM!..................though I changed to rdm to help him out. /sigh)
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                      Nobody parties with blm's is correct. The key is to goto Halvung SP, run to the pudding camp, and then join up with whatever blm's are already out there. For the most part, the existing blm/sch's that are out there partying wont be looking for members, but if you get there and they don't have 6, more than likely they will want to team up. They'd rather have you in their party than have you soloing and taking up possible chain mobs for them.
                      I don't know what you're smoking. I only ask people I know to team up with me, and that pretty much never happens. I'd rather solo and be able to leave whenever the hell I want than feel obligated to spend a few hours with a group. Last time I joined a PT on BLM was to try to pop Ix'DRG.

That being said, my BLM macro book has a /sea "Mount Zhayolm" blm macro in it, just to check before I run all the way out there. I won't compete with more than three people for mobs, and if I'm going to go solo my buffer/merits, chances are I don't know how long I'm going to be there, I might wanna afk for a short (or long) period of time, and I just don't want to be bothered with other people.

Maybe you guys are weird and you like to socialize, but people basically stick to themselves here, and sad to say it, being a part of my LS tends to make people want to isolate you, because there's this stigma that we're all dicks. Comes with the pearl. But yeah, I don't get a lot of manaburn invites, though I can't say I've really tried looking for one.
                      sigpic

Comment

RL - made it back from my first trip to NY in one piece... really liked it and now I feel as though I could definitely live there for a bit.

Logged in and saw one of ya all for the first time. I saw Aksannyi in S.Sandy (S)
                        I hadn't been on these forums for a bit so I wasn't sure and before I could wave you'd campaign warped... I was the Jaguar headed Dnc jogging about.

Sandy finally had control of Valdeunia so now I have gotten all supply runs done that don't require missions or storylines I haven't unlocked yet.

I also got back on my BLM after a long time and solo/nuked him from 10-12.

Fought Charby for the first time. Made the run with some LS mates after a NIN saw it so me and another could lot on it. PLD went down right off, unfortunately... NIN was doing well but funny how I never get hate until it chooses to do it's WS on me for 1300+ ... so after my Dnc went down the 75NIN and 56ish Bst (lmao) were quick to follow leaving about 95% HP... then a NIN, RDM, and BRD slaughtered it before our eyes. Oh well... one day.
                        FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                        FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                        aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Oh yeah I saw you too! I was rushing out to go scan Sandworm ... hate Sandworm ...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                            I don't know what you're smoking. I only ask people I know to team up with me, and that pretty much never happens. I'd rather solo and be able to leave whenever the hell I want than feel obligated to spend a few hours with a group. Last time I joined a PT on BLM was to try to pop Ix'DRG.

That being said, my BLM macro book has a /sea "Mount Zhayolm" blm macro in it, just to check before I run all the way out there. I won't compete with more than three people for mobs, and if I'm going to go solo my buffer/merits, chances are I don't know how long I'm going to be there, I might wanna afk for a short (or long) period of time, and I just don't want to be bothered with other people.

Maybe you guys are weird and you like to socialize, but people basically stick to themselves here, and sad to say it, being a part of my LS tends to make people want to isolate you, because there's this stigma that we're all dicks. Comes with the pearl. But yeah, I don't get a lot of manaburn invites, though I can't say I've really tried looking for one.
                            LOL! Not smoking anything... I've ran out the pudding camp hmmm... maybe 20 times solo. I ended up teaming up 19/20 times... The one time, which just happened this past weekend, i asked the 2 blm's there and the only reason they said no was because the were only going to be on for 5 more minutes. The XP you can get at the pudding camp is so much better as a team rather than solo. I do see your point though if you like to afk alot, or just not have to worry about other peeps.

and i'm sorry you have the stigma of being a dick. It sucks when that happens to LS's, and it's usually just because a couple of peeps in the LS have a shitty "we are better than everyone else attitude." It only takes a couple of bad apples to ruin the "Perception" of an LS.

I'd MB with you Aks. ^^
                            RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Yeah I used to duo with my boyfriend but if I have to AFK or if he does, the other will just go on soloing and let the other leech some xp for a bit. It evens out.

Now we don't really have a lot of time to run out there, but it's not like my BLM gets that much of a workout anyway. TGM says if you have BLM you won't ever play anything else ... bullshit ... I haven't seen my BLM in weeks. WHM onry. Not that I mind. Depends on the linkshell I guess. We've got plenty of WHM RDM BLM, so I usually end up being WHM so other WHMs can come something else.

Oh accomplishment ... 74 SMN and I'm 8.3k tnl. We did three burns last night, went to bed around 5 AM, but was so worth it. Super stoked to have another job to 75 soon.
                              sigpic

Comment

Me > Shadowlord!

I logged in yesterday for the first time after I got married and went to find a Colibri party in Wajaom, and stumbled upon a pick-up group going Mission 5-1 and 5-2! Lucky me!

Shadowlord was pretty disappointing in terms of difficulty- I didn't even manage to build enough TP for a Sidewinder before he was dead.

Oh well, 20K and ZMs are mine! Next step is ZMs I think, because one of my LS's does sky farming, which is a way for end-gamers to make money i guess- and I'd like to be able to participate.

What do one even farm in Sky?
                                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X