Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Man that makes me want to take a 1 year vacation from work.

365 days of gaming, japanese/french learning, eating and sleeping ftw. /drool
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I finally obtained the last mermaid piece (Mermaid body) for the Beastmen treasure quest.

I know this doesnt sound like much, but these mermaid parts have what seem like a 1-5% drop rate. All of them except the mermaid part that drops from a NM. Now I can do the Treasure hunt and get a emnity +2 ring.
      PSN ID: Kelshan
      Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
      Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
      sigpic

Comment

Good luck with chest drops, I gave up on that quest after the second item didn't drop in 8 hours of farming, and just bought the damn ring.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Losrase View Post
          I finally obtained the last mermaid piece (Mermaid body) for the Beastmen treasure quest.

I know this doesnt sound like much, but these mermaid parts have what seem like a 1-5% drop rate. All of them except the mermaid part that drops from a NM. Now I can do the Treasure hunt and get a emnity +2 ring.
          I tried hunting those during my SSG extravaganza last month. I get the NM to pop after 4 or 5 PH cycles and watch as some random thief running by claims him and kills him.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
            Good luck with chest drops, I gave up on that quest after the second item didn't drop in 8 hours of farming, and just bought the damn ring.
            At first I was doing it just to get the mermaid parts, then I noticed how much gil I was making from the drops they have.
            Selling to an NPC:
            Seashell = 30 gil
            Eastern gem = 347 gil
            Pearl = 1.2k gil
            Shall Shell = about 400 gil

I use the Shall Shell (stackable to 12) to skill up my cooking but they do sell on AH for about 1k each. It is better to sell the Pearl to a NPC because they only sell for 1k on AH (stackable to 12). Eastern gem doesnt move fast on AH but for the amount you obtain (stackable to 12), it is better to NPC them. Seashell is stackable to 12 and for the amount you get it is faster just to NPC them.

I forget the names of the items but pending on which part you are farming there are NM drops:
            SSG: Throw slot with +1 mind and WHM only level 35 (6/10)
            Yutunga Jungle (sp?): (rare) A instrument that give +acc for bard level 40 (1/2)
            SSG: (rare/ex) Frog Pants +mp +hp and I forget what level it is and what jobs can use it (1/1)
            Last edited by Losrase; 07-10-2008, 09:46 AM.
            Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
            sigpic

Comment

AUHHG I hate that quest. I got the first three items within about two hours of eachother, but it took me months to get the final item from the Spring Sahagin. In total I think I logged at least 30 hours and several Holy Phials making the circuit killing every Spring Sahagin in the grotto before I finally got whatever piece it was, and then the chest didn't even have a Mermaid Ring in it. Just like 15k worth of random crap. I made a couple bucks off the pearls, shells and phials but not nearly enough to match whatever I could have made if I was using a real farming spot and certainly not enough to pay for my frustration. >_<;
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                AUHHG I hate that quest. I got the first three items within about two hours of eachother, but it took me months to get the final item from the Spring Sahagin. In total I think I logged at least 30 hours and several Holy Phials making the circuit killing every Spring Sahagin in the grotto before I finally got whatever piece it was, and then the chest didn't even have a Mermaid Ring in it. Just like 15k worth of random crap. I made a couple bucks off the pearls, shells and phials but not nearly enough to match whatever I could have made if I was using a real farming spot and certainly not enough to pay for my frustration. >_<;
                The WHM only throw slot arent Holy Phials because they are neck gear and you get those in Beadeaux.

As for a farming spot, it isnt a real one. I usually walk away with 40k average for about 3 hours of work (not including selling the WHM only throw slot gear). It isnt what I consider good time to gil ratio.
                sigpic

Comment

Sorry, Holy Ampulla. At any rate good luck with the box. I usually have absurdly good luck with drops, so that awful experience was probably just karma catching up with me.
                  lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Wings of Integrity SSS

Comment

FINALLY got AU 31 done. Have attempted to shout for it myself with no luck, then after a few hours spent in the Pit racking up jettons for soultrappers for zeni, I zoned into Whitegate to see someone shouting for it, and instantly jumped on the offer.

So fucking glad that's over with. I'm quite sure the next big fight is one that is often shouted for around town, so maybe I can finally work toward getting ToAU done.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Helped a friend do his PLD AF3 (Village Well fight). Party was 51WHM (me), 61BLU, 68PLD, 75NIN. It was tough and we wiped a few times due to pops and aggro from lizzy's interrupting out casts but we did it in the end. I only had to use one Yag Drink in the fight we won and I managed to actually get silence to stick on One-Eye (albiet just for a few moment) too ^^.
                        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                        Reiko Takahashi
                        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Well finally something to actually crow about for me! LOL Nothing super impressive but since I rarely have accomplishments, I'm proud of it!

Originally posted by Feba
                          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                          Originally posted by DakAttack
                          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Been trying to get those fucking boots soooo loooong ... we never farm floor 20's, and when we do, we get Faf, my game crashes, and the rest of the party wipes because guess who's the WHM?

Uber gayness.
                            sigpic
                            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Congrats TGM, but for fuck's sake go farm some bat wings or something.
                              Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                                Well finally something to actually crow about for me! LOL Nothing super impressive but since I rarely have accomplishments, I'm proud of it!

Good god, you need to farm!
                                ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X