Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

IIRC, BarStatus made you more likely to do a partial resist while BarElement made you (relatively) more likely to do a complete resist. Maybe I'm talking nonsense here, though.
    I know for a fact elemental resistance is checked against Magic Accuracy. It's Barstatus that's never been clear to anyone, but if I remember correctly Resist <Status> job traits produced a separate message that started with "Resist!". If I remember correctly, BarStatus spells produced the same message. But it's been years, so I could be wrong about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
      Also, cid: you know the best thing about the changes they made to Enfeebling a while back? It's not the Immunobreak thing (that I've seen happen all of twice ever, and on stuff that didn't matter that much), it's that you now get a message that tells you whether a mob is truly immune to something (it gives a "-> <mob> completely resists the spell" message). So, when I'm resisted, I know whether it's just me or a property of the mob which I can do diddly about. Through this, I have learned quickly that Gravity is just as worthless in Abyssea as everyone says.

I know, that's what I was talking about. There's stuff you can throw enfeebles at and it'll resist constantly but not trigger the immunity message.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Unlocked all jobs (finally) and began work on unlocking all these new waypoints that were released as part of the December Update.

Current Job Levels:

99 SMN, NIN, COR, THF, WHM, BLM & PUP.
        49 DNC, RDM, SCH, WAR, RNG
        30 SAM
        25 PLD
        23 BST
        19 DRG
        8 MNK
        7 BLU
        1 DRK
        1 BRD

My goal for the week... since that thread seems dead... is to bring PLD, BST, DRG, MNK, BLU, DRK and BRD to 30 in preparation for the double XP campaign. Ultimately I intend to bring all of my jobs to at least level 49 by the time the campaign is over. As soon as that is complete, if I have more time, I'll continue to bring 3 more jobs to 99. Which jobs will they be? DRG, BST and SCH of course. What kind of pet enthusiest would I be if I didn't finish out all the pet jobs? Also... my enhancing skill is damn near capped on WHM thanks to Beseiged... so I don't see why I shouldn't level SCH up while I'm at it.

Here's to another few months of constant Empy Gear grinding! WOOOOOO!!!!

Edit: When all is said and done, I will have leveled 386 times between all of the above mentioned jobs.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Completed 2/3 of the new Waypoint Quests. I can now fast travel to:

Rabao
          Selbina
          Mhaura
          Norg

West Ronfauer
          North Gustaberg
          West Sarutabaruta
          La Theine Plateau
          Konschtat Highlands
          Tahrongi Canyon
          Jugner Forest
          Pashhow Marshlands
          Meriphataud Mountains
          Attowah Chasm
          Uleguerand Range

and hopefully by the end of tonight...

Davoi
          Beadeaux
          Castle Oztroja
          Quicksand Caves
          Sea Serpent grotto
          Temple of Uggalepih
          Boyahda tree
          Oldton Movalpolos
          Riverne - Site B01
          Castle Zvahl Keep

For those of you thinking about undertaking this same task... I warn you of the following:

With a few rare exceptions... these all require a good deal of walking. I highly suggest using a job that has your highest Movement Speed+ to help speed things along. Also: Make sure you do the mini quest for the Lodestone to easily access the Quicksand Caves weight doors and buy a Snow Lily and Fire Sand for Oldton.

Uleg Range requires that you run to the frozen waterfall near the top (where the mechanical menaces are in Abyssea) and wait for weather to go away before you can enter the hidden path.

Attowah's is at the top of the Tor... so yeah... enjoy that fond memory. I got to the top on my first try last night.

Gusta and Ron require that you bypass Dangruf and Bostaunieux respectively to get to each. Jugner's sends you through King Ran's Tomb and La Theine sends you through the Ordelles Caves. On the flip side... Meph, Konschtat, Saruta, Tahrongi and Pash are all easy to get to... if not a little out of the way.

In short... totally worth doing. I'm finishing tonight and I'll report on the difficulty of the last ones once I'm finished.

Comment

Thought i'd try my luck with solo brewing Shinryu on THF during piercing time.

First run: Blue proc luckily was dagger, unluckily I seemed to kill Shin far too quick while still trying to proc. No drops
            Second run: Again luckily blue proc was dagger, staggered Shin and BAM Twilight Mail dropped. I was in awe!

Now I gotta try get helm :D

Comment

Romyro: Here's what you and I need to do in our spare time.

Yep... because only Romy and I are crazy enough to bother

Comment

As soon as we finish Nyzul (65 now) count me in for assaults and salvage and other mythic stuffs.
                99 DNC
                99 WHM
                99 WAR
                * 99 THF
                99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                  Attowah's is at the top of the Tor... so yeah... enjoy that fond memory. I got to the top on my first try last night.
                  Shit like that is why I'll never go back to FFXI from WoW, flying mounts beyotches.
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I ran up to the top with my brother in Aby-Attowha (same climb) for the Caturae clear not long ago. It was the first time I had been up there since CoP. With my phone in front of me opened to the wiki, it wasn't so bad.
                    99 DNC
                    99 WHM
                    99 WAR
                    * 99 THF
                    99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                    99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Fortunately for me, I got the Fount for Tor immediately after I climbed up it for CoP. <.<
                      Originally posted by Armando
                      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Exhausted my Novennial Ring.
                        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I'm actually going after my Decennial Ring first. Why save the best for last when it's not likely to get any better than this?

Of course, I took a break from that (hopefully I can break my Dedication before it expires after the next four hours I stay logged in) to help my LS get more members cleared with Dynamis - Bastok. Not to mention that, while Bynes are the least of my Ancient Currency worries for Excalibur specifically, that's still not saying a whole lot (after tonight, I'm at 79/1400). Of course, also motivating me was that I didn't get my Relic Armor from Bastok yet . . .

And sure enough, there they were! Duelist's Gloves had dropped into our pool! I lotted them . . . as did four others (I'll also note that I was the only one there actually on RDM), a couple of whom outlotted me. So I /sulked a bit (not really), but a couple of Relic drops later, there they were again! I was fortunate enough that nobody outlotted my 737, so like that, I am now the owner of one stylish pair of Gloves, and what could easily be argued to be the first good piece of Relic equipment I've lain claim to. ^_^
                          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                          Matthew 16:15

Comment

In contuining with my last escapades, I went in search of Twilight helm to complete my set. My good friend Kayinie offered to brew Shin this time on MNK. First run, his brew ran out before he could kill him, so we wiped. Second run he got blue proc, and helm dropped. Seeing as i'm fairly prone to getting KO'd on a regular basis, this set was made for me. Happy now!

Comment

Over the weekend (mostly thanks to the snow: 29 inches of it) I spent A LOT of time leveling my lower level jobs to get them ready as SJs. I managed to unlock everything that I had yet to unlock to date. Namely SAM, BRD, DRG and uhh... something else too... DRK!! that was it.

During my time with the Double XP weekend, I took advantage of all 10 charges I had on my Decennial ring and was getting between 1,100 and 1,800xp/kill until I paired off with 2 other guys and we started chaining IT++ mobs for 2,200-2,800xp/kill.

On the 5th, my job levels were:

30 SAM
                              25 PLD
                              23 BST
                              19 DRG
                              8 MNK
                              7 BLU
                              1 DRK
                              1 BRD

and now they're:

30 SAM
                              30 PLD
                              30 BST
                              30 DRG
                              30 MNK
                              19 BLU
                              30 DRK
                              19 BRD

I'm going to spend tonight finishing BRD and BLU to 30 before I attempt to start an abyssea party to leech all those 30s to 49. I figure I need to give it a little time since there's a veritable flood of 30s trying to do the same thing as I am. Thankfully, 19 levels in each of those jobs should go relatively quickly in a half-decent worms party. I might very well be done with all the leveling by this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                                I'm going to spend tonight finishing BRD and BLU to 30 before I attempt to start a Garlaige Citadel party to take them from 30-34. Then hopefully I can find a Crawler's nest party in the main room and camp crawlers for 35-38. At 38 I'll move the party to beetles and we'll xp there until we hit level 40. At 40 we'll move to the main room and fight soldier crawlers right at the entrance to the main room. Once we hit 41-42, I'll move the party to the secret room and pull soldiers there. We can pull the few funguars that are there to help keep the chain going once we hit level 43ish. At level 44-45 we'll move to the higher up bettle camp further east in the main room. Hopefully we won't have too many noobs in the party because trying to get there as a party with a bunch of noobs sometimes is impossible and actually causes the party to break because no one can get there alive, what a pain... Once we hit 48 we'll dhalmel party out at bibiki bay, and I'll use this final camp to get all these jobs to 49. to get these 2 jobs from 30 to 49 with these pre-abyssea camp selections should take about 2-3 weeks per job. I might very well be done with all the leveling by the end of April.

ftfy

- - - Updated - - -

i wish i could thank my own post.
                                75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                                RANK 10 Bastok
                                CoP: Done
                                ZM: Done
                                ToA: Done
                                Assault rank: Captain
                                Campaign Medal: Medals
                                Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                                This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X