Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Best/Latest Accomplishment

Wouldn’t that only apply if the hare is trying to ‘catchup’ to the tortoise oppose to passing him to get to the finish line first?
    The paradox is that by the time the hare reaches the point where the tortoise used to be, the tortoise has already moved forward.

The second one is more intuitive (and also more relevant.) Suppose you want to move 10 feet. In order to get there, you must cross the halfway point, which is 5 feet. Once there, you must once again cross the new halfway point, 7.5 feet. You can continue to subdivide the remaining distance as many times as you want.

Both paradoxes rely on subdividing time or space infinitely. But just because a sequence is infinite it doesn't mean its sum is infinity. 10/2 + 10/4 + 10/8 + 10/16 + ... adds up to 10. It's obvious that you can move 10 feet regardless of the fact that you can subdivide 10 feet infinitely. The hare will still pass the tortoise.
    Last edited by Armando; 08-01-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

For what it's worth, I'd be at least 70 right now if this dang NM wasn't so stingy with it's drop. (0/30 right now.)

Once I get it, though, I'm basically done with NM camping for, well, about 2 1/2 years.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Got it, thanks for explaining.

For what it's worth, I'd be at least 70 right now if this dang NM wasn't so stingy with it's drop. (0/30 right now.)
        Once I get it, though, I'm basically done with NM camping for, well, about 2 1/2 years.
        I’m going to venture that’s one of those Nov ’09 NMs. I remember them because they brought on a whole bunch of new NMs for me to try on Bst/Pup/Smn.
        And you saying your 0/30 seem right on par. They had the most horrible drop rates ever even with TH.

0/ba-jillion on Fenrir’s Crown
        1/~50 on Monana’s Pigaches
        0/5 on both of the mandies for the Atk/Acc rings (kusa/lava or something). Just stopped after that
        1/a lot on Summoning belt

Man that update was a lot of fun...at first.
        99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
        -Verth (90) Completed!!
        -Guttler (95) Completed!
        -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
        -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
        -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

I'd recommend moldavite earring over those honestly. It's more useful in the long run since it can be paired with Hecate later on. You're not gonna miss that 5 magic accuracy, I promise.
          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
          Name: Drjones
          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Congrats Ym.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

cid: I may as well go after Novio's by the time I can get Hecate's. And I've already had Cassandra's Earring for the longest time, so I really would like to complete the set.
              Last edited by Yellow Mage; 08-01-2012, 09:27 AM. Reason: Looking back through posts from about that time was such a trip down memory lane, and reminded me that perhaps my luck was used up before this NM . . .
              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

I totally understand the completionist urge man. I'm just laying out an alternative that I thought might end up saving you a headache further on down the road.
                Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                Name: Drjones
                Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                  0/ba-jillion on Fenrir’s Crown
                  1/~50 on Monana’s Pigaches
                  1/a lot on Summoning belt
                  I feel your pain. I went 0/70 on Fenrir's Crown and gave the fuck up. That goddamn plant pisses me off too much to actually bother trying... ever... again.

Monana's Pigaches I've tried to get like... 30 or so times with no success. If the pesky NM wasn't so hard to find most of the time, I'd likely try more often but I only try like once a week and get progressively more sad.

Summoning belt fell to a friend of mine while he was camping the NM for trials and I raged so hard about it when he told me because I was sitting in Jeuno doing nothing at the time... and he ended up throwing it out because it didn't seem "useful" to him. In total I think I tried 20 or so times without success.

I really need to make a day of rotating through all 3 of those again over and over again. I havent tried since the level 80 cap was lifted and now that I'm 99... all 3 of the NMs should be a joke anyway. I just have to otivate myself.

If anything, I want Morana's and the belt. Fenrir's Crown is trumped by other items... but I still want that too. I'm just all about 100% item aquisition for SMN. I have a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Also: Page 666 motherfuckers!

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                  99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                  99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                    Won the Golden Gobbiebag III prize! :D

Hello, best Enfeebling Feet in the game! . . . I'll be seeing you in 39 levels. >_> /locker
                    So who wants to tell him that you no longer need an enfeebling set to land enfeebs on all NMs that don't outright resist the status now?
                    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                    Reiko Takahashi
                    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Monana's Pigaches I've tried to get like... 30 or so times with no success. If the pesky NM wasn't so hard to find most of the time, I'd likely try more often but I only try like once a week and get progressively more sad.
                      Heh, it’s a 2hr timer NM, that always pops in the same spot ><. But then again the spot was easy to memorize when you kill/afk for 2 hours/kill again.

If anything, I want Morana's and the belt. Fenrir's Crown is trumped by other items... but I still want that too. I'm just all about 100% item aquisition for SMN. I have a problem.
                      Back then I was a little more gung-ho on Smn I felt the same way. so I know what you mean. I was pretty excited to get those ToAU Leviathan gloves. I don’t know many smns that have them.
                      Anywy, at this point in time, I’m interested in any gear that has ‘Pet:’ labeled on it. It’s the first thing I search for when dat. mining happens.
                      99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                      -Verth (90) Completed!!
                      -Guttler (95) Completed!
                      -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                      -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                      -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Avatar:* and Blood Pact (or BP) is what I search for... always.

The ":" is important though. Otherwise you pull up all kinds of useless crap.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                          So who wants to tell him that you no longer need an enfeebling set to land enfeebs on all NMs that don't outright resist the status now?
                          Way to Rainbow on my parade. You certainly know how to Dash one's hopes, dreams, and aspirations.
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

ADD: 1/31 THE TRYSTING WEAPON FINALLY FREAKING DROPPED IT. NEARLY FREAKING DIED TO UNUSUALLY INTENSE LAG, TO BOOT. THANK ALTANA FOR SENTINEL.

SOON AS I CALM DOWN I AM HEADING STRAIGHT BACK FOR SAN D'ORIA TO KILL BATS AD INFINITUM 65.
                            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                              Way to Rainbow on my parade. You certainly know how to Dash one's hopes, dreams, and aspirations.
                              Its a british thing we do

Comment

To be fair, enfeebling sets are still going to be useful to get something to stick for the full duration. But to land an enfeeb is now pretty much guaranteed unless an NM outright resists it or you cast say Paralyse on Firesday.

It's actually a great thing since Voidwatch NMs tend to be so accurate, evasion sets won't help all that much (NIN tank or GTFO basically, THF, MNK and DNC are pretty nice for it too though), so stuff like blind, slow and paralyse are very helpful in that regard.
                                Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                                Reiko Takahashi
                                - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Working...
                                X